Is Doubront hitting a wall?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Is Doubront hitting a wall?

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

The root of this malaise lyes in the infamous 86 year drought that later became known as the curse of the bambino. A paranoia that is fanned by the pied piper himself Dan Shaunessy and his many minions in the Boston press.

It's kind of an odd thing that fans (and I mean the real fans) would not step forward and accept their position near the top of the food chain.  I understand not taking anything for granted.  But to bash our players because of a childhood-induced paranoia seems counter-productive.

I hope your not referring to me and my thread because you would be dead wrong.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

In the modern game due to the way teams use their bullpens, and manage pitchers workloads. Complete games are now the exception v the rule for starting pitchers. Most rarely pitch into the seventh. So I wouldn't diminish the 13 quality starts by either. Allowing 3 earned runs over six full is not a note worthy accomplishment. It does in almost every instance keep your team in the game and give them a chance to win. 

Valid point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Your theory on Felix maybe very valid. However he currently is doing what every pitcher does at sometime not pitching to his ability. Just like hitters have slumps so do pitchers. The past two games he has gone 4 innings giving up 3 and  runs in the prior game he went 7 and 0 runs. I suspect the 3 run 4 inning game they saw that his pitches were flat and was removed and it continued into the next game.

The next game against SF will tell a lot about where he is.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Your theory on Felix maybe very valid. However he currently is doing what every pitcher does at sometime not pitching to his ability. Just like hitters have slumps so do pitchers. The past two games he has gone 4 innings giving up 3 and  runs in the prior game he went 7 and 0 runs. I suspect the 3 run 4 inning game they saw that his pitches were flat and was removed and it continued into the next game.

The next game against SF will tell a lot about where he is.

LOVE my  Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year. 

Thats what Im waiting for Jim. Im not totally convinced yet, but his last 2 game totals are 8IP 14H 10R 6BB 7K 2HR and 174 pitches or about a 22 pitch per inning average. His stuff has been very flat the last 2 games. Its a concern now, but Im not ready to commit to my theory 100% just yet. If he falls on his face out west, then I might.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:

Come back Buch (can't be too soon).

You are right...............(can't be to soon) hopefully never or with another team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't like the idea of a 6 man rotation. I think that would get pitchers out of sinc. When Buch returns, I think we should sit Doubie for 2 starts, then sit Dempster for 2, then Lackey and Lester for 1 or 2. By then, we should know who our top 5 are (4 for the playoffs).

Sox4ever

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I don't like the idea of a 6 man rotation. I think that would get pitchers out of sinc. When Buch returns, I think we should sit Doubie for 2 starts, then sit Dempster for 2, then Lackey and Lester for 1 or 2. By then, we should know who our top 5 are (4 for the playoffs).

Sox4ever

The issue with a six man rotation or sitting guys for two starts is that you leave your BP one arm short unless you plan on using the guy sitting in relief. Which defeats the idea of sitting them..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

The root of this malaise lyes in the infamous 86 year drought that later became known as the curse of the bambino. A paranoia that is fanned by the pied piper himself Dan Shaunessy and his many minions in the Boston press.

It's kind of an odd thing that fans (and I mean the real fans) would not step forward and accept their position near the top of the food chain.  I understand not taking anything for granted.  But to bash our players because of a childhood-induced paranoia seems counter-productive.

[/QUOTE]

No, RS fans in general.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Because he had one bad game? Hes been fantastic until Friday night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

his last 2 game totals are 8IP 14H 10R 6BB 7K 2HR and 174 pitches or about a 22 pitch per inning average.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sox4ever

The issue with a six man rotation or sitting guys for two starts is that you leave your BP one arm short unless you plan on using the guy sitting in relief. Which defeats the idea of sitting them..

[/QUOTE]

Ideally, we could have a phantom injury and put Doubie on a 15 day DL. He'd miss 2 starts. Then September call-ups takes care of any pen shortages.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No my reference is to the overly dramtic panic stricken members of the doom and gloom club. Of which there are many in what is now called "Red Sox Nation". If indeed you're a member, you wouldn't have to ask if I was refering to you and your thread.

My two cents on Doubront is that he's still in the process of figuring out what it takes to be a pro. Sp in the interest of his development I would continue to run him out there until all of his bullets are spent...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]

his last 2 game totals are 8IP 14H 10R 6BB 7K 2HR and 174 pitches or about a 22 pitch per inning average.

[/QUOTE]

Still not enough to worry about. If hes doing this three starts from now I might agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Still not enough to worry about. If hes doing this three starts from now I might agree.

[/QUOTE]

I agree as Ive stated to JiminFlorida. 2 times in a row has me concerned a bit and if he looks just as bad out west, it could be something.