Is Douby a solid #2 in the making

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Is Douby a solid #2 in the making

In response to tomnev's comment:

It is going to be very interesting what Farrell does when Buch comes back and no one else goes on the shelf......Dempster has Pen experience, but considering they will not want to overwork Buch immediately and not wanting to burn out Doubie, and Lackey still just a year away from Surgery and Lester doing better when he got extra rest after the break, would he maybe do a few turns of 6 guys in the rotation? May not need it though since for some reason we have 7 off days between now and the end of the season, but it should enable us to have fresh arms going into the playoffs, if we are in them.

I'm thinking a 6 man rotation might take some of these guys out of sinc.

Maybe we should just start by giving Dempster 2 starts off, then Lackey or Doubront a start or two off, then Lester. By the time we skip these 6-7 starts, we should have a better idea of who goes to the pen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

I think 15 starts is a pretty good sample size...half a season really. He has pitched really well...a few to many walks...but he has improved upon that. He averages about 6 innings per start...he needs to get that up to 7...it looks like he is trending toward that. I think right now he is our #3 behind Lackey and Peavy and if Buchholz makes it back and pitches like he can I really like our chances going into October.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

It is going to be very interesting what Farrell does when Buch comes back and no one else goes on the shelf......Dempster has Pen experience, but considering they will not want to overwork Buch immediately and not wanting to burn out Doubie, and Lackey still just a year away from Surgery and Lester doing better when he got extra rest after the break, would he maybe do a few turns of 6 guys in the rotation? May not need it though since for some reason we have 7 off days between now and the end of the season, but it should enable us to have fresh arms going into the playoffs, if we are in them.

Maybe we should just start by giving Dempster 2 starts off, then Lackey or Doubront a start or two off, then Lester. By the time we skip these 6-7 starts, we should have a better idea of who goes to the pen.

I agree, we have a nice rotation going at the moment if Farrell keeps Demp on a short leash.  I think we ride this into the PS if Clay returns by giving Workman a couple more starts.  You can never have enough SP/long relief options in the PS and the kid throws strikes.

Next season?  If Workman continues to show maturity and have continued success we could probably try to trade Dempster for whatever we can get, if not maybe Lester or Lackey to improve another posistion like 1B.  It should give kids like Renaudo or Rubby enough time to possibly enter the mix. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I agree, we have a nice rotation going at the moment if Farrell keeps Demp on a short leash.  I think we ride this into the PS if Clay returns by giving Workman a couple more starts.  You can never have enough SP/long relief options in the PS and the kid throws strikes.

Next season?  If Workman continues to show maturity and have continued success we could probably try to trade Dempster for whatever we can get, if not maybe Lester or Lackey to improve another posistion like 1B.  It should give kids like Renaudo or Rubby enough time to possibly enter the mix. 

Like you said, "we can never have too much starting pitching:, so I don't see us trading anyone until maybe after the season starts next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Like you said, "we can never have too much starting pitching:, so I don't see us trading anyone until maybe after the season starts next year.

With Wright starting Tuesday, it would seem that Farrell is going to try and give this rotation some rest whether it be an extra day or 2, or skip them over a turn in the rotation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Wright may surprise as well.

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Post Season????

Assuming Buch is back.......   Who deserves a spot?  IDK, but here's how it lays out right now...

Buch # 1

Lackey ( I can't believe I'm saying this, especially after brutally ripping him since he stepped foot in Boston)  #2    BUT.....   The guy has EARNED IT!!!!   End of story!  Will he keep it up?????

Douby #3  (Could easily be #2, but Lackey has taken over the LEADERSHIP role for this club).....  Are you freaking kidding me?????   I still can't believe I'm saying this!!!!!!

Peavy #4  I loved what I saw from the guy in the first outing!  YES!!!!  This is an outrageous over-reaction, but I already have more faith in the guy than I do with Lester.  (WTF happened!!!!!!!)  Lester simply needs to get his GD #1 / #2 head on straight!!!!

Lester #5  (SORRY Jonnny!  Time to man up & cut the BS!  Get your shhhhhhhh  together!

*****   This is a mind bender for me!  I can't believe I'm listing 4 other pitchers ahead of Lester, BUT,.......   this is performance based anaysis!  SORRY Jonny!  You want the mantle?  Step up / MAN UP & EARN IT!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A couple more good starts from Workman and a "performance based" analysis may put Lester at #6 and Dempster at #7.

Sox4ever

Sections
Shortcuts