Is Ellsbury Still a Bust?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Is Ellsbury Still a Bust?

Brett Butler had 13 seasons in a row playing over 111 games a season.

Darin Erstad played only 14 seasons and in 4 of those seasons he played less than 87 games.

He really would be more like Erstad than Butler. Since he's not very likely to ever play 111 games or more in a season for 13 consecutive seasons.

Ellsbury is a client of Scott Boras. His clients never work harder than they have to. Recent examples: Daisuke Matsuzaka, J.D.Drew, Alex Roderiquez, and Manny Ramirez career went south in a hurry after he signed on with Boras.

For this reason alone , I would dump him faster than a sack of rotten potatoes.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Right now he sure looks like a bust.  But last year is impossible to ignore.  The AL leading vote getter for MVP among lineup players.  105 rbi's, 32 dingers, stolen bases, OPS over .900, gold glove, etc, etc. 

Almost certainly trade bait if the Sox can get a decent starter.  If not, keep him, get the benefit of his contract year, then get the draft picks when he goes elsewhere. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

He'll be asking for the moon, based on 2011.

I hope he gets it....elsewhere.

This guy and Josh Hamilton wil be the next Pujols and Crawford. Big , longterm contracts , disappointed fans.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ellsbury Still a Bust?:
    [QUOTE]2011 was about Pedroia 2011, AGon 2011 and Ortiz 2011. It wasn't about Ellsbury 2011.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]And 30 and 30 meant nothing. Pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

He sure doesn't look like a $20M/year guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I don't  think he is a bust but I agree with Ergoetal...he isn't a 20 mil a year guy.  Honestly I believe the RS are trying to move away from stupid large contracts.  Just throwing money around has gotten them nowhere.  I would try to trade him...on my terms only...extend him for resonable money...lol....or hope he has a typical contract kind of year and make a serious run. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I put him at 5/85 or so and structure the deal to his liking (ie make it top loaded so he gets more sooner)............I did this over a year ago and I think it remains the same to date...Of course, next year can change everything.....

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts