1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Is Iggy sick? In someone's doghouse?

As Lombardi would have said "What the h___'s going on here?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy2006. Show judy2006's posts

Re: Is Iggy sick? In someone's doghouse?

+1

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

They are gonna wait until they have 40 whiner threads about it to start him.

Yours makes the count 15.

Again, nothing to add. Please remove yourself from the forum.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't know about Iggy, but it's pretty obvious Farrell is in the OTFB doghouse.  Why is that?  Why is a manager who has had a lot to do with the amazing turnaround--from last to first--of the Sox since last season regularly being castigated by bosoxmal, ADG, and assorted others? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Ya know, Max, I usually like your posts and I agree with them.  I even agree with your position on this whole Farrell/Iggy thing to a point.  But how long does this business of Farrell and Iggy go on? 

There is an interesting phenomenon going on right now with those three guys (Middy, Drew, Iggy).  

Apparently the FO is unwilling to play Iggy because they think/know that he's going to come back to earth and when he does it's going to mean a prolonged slump to get his BA down to where it belongs.

OTOH, the FO continues to play Middy and Drew because they think/know that these guys are going to start hitting "someday". 

It's pretty hard to dispute that the Sox are in first place and playing better than anyone anticipated but that doesn't mean there's not room for improvement.  I'd think NOW is the right time to be playing Iggy, when if it doesn't work out there's still time to replace him without damaging playoff hopes, rather than wait until the Sox fall to 5 or 6 games back and put Iggy in to see if (hope?) that change can turn things around. 

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

Enough's enough with the front office afraid of Iggy coming back down to earth and then what will we do. Stop it with sky is falling crap. The question is can he hit .220 and strike out a million times like Drew. If the answer is yes then play Iggy. This would be a whole different argument if Drew was even an average ball player.

For 2 years all I heard about was this Iglesias kid. When I saw him hit in the majors I cringed. He looked like Glenn Hoffman. However, in 2013 he is proving me and a lot of people wrong. Bottom line- he has earned the SS position. I hope the front office can remember a time when a player earned his right to play. Drew is fine with his 7 million on the bench. He will survive. Play the kid.

Now I'm sick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

For all of you living under a rock or think you know better for the team. Iggy has been told that he will play 2-3 times a week and he is "on board" with that. I suggest you all do the same and stop complaining about a 1st place team. Besides, Id worry more about Middy than Drew since hes actually under the mendoza line and made yet another error that cost doubie more pitches which lead to the 4th run. Then he kicked another ball.

There are probably many more reasons as to why they are doing it this way than some of you would understand. Thats why most of you sit in a comfy chair yelling at the TV during games and complaining on an internet forum while Farrell, BC and the whole gang at Fenway park are doing the real work.

Try and enjoy the season. Its been fun so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Could have used him last night ..........  At least for 6 innings !!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

For all of you living under a rock or think you know better for the team. Iggy has been told that he will play 2-3 times a week and he is "on board" with that. I suggest you all do the same and stop complaining about a 1st place team. Besides, Id worry more about Middy than Drew since hes actually under the mendoza line and made yet another error that cost doubie more pitches which lead to the 4th run. Then he kicked another ball.

There are probably many more reasons as to why they are doing it this way than some of you would understand. Thats why most of you sit in a comfy chair yelling at the TV during games and complaining on an internet forum while Farrell, BC and the whole gang at Fenway park are doing the real work.

Try and enjoy the season. Its been fun so far.

I'd have no problem at all with sending Middy back to Pawtucket to work on his game... and putting Iggy at 3b.  I don't care WHERE Iggy plays, I just want him in there.  (ok, obviously at SS or 3B).

And for the record, I AM enjoying the season.  Just not having the drama queen named Valentine makes this a lot more fun than last year. 
    :-)

Sections
Shortcuts