Is it just me or are Iglesias, Gomes and Napoli all extremely pull happy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Is it just me or are Iglesias, Gomes and Napoli all extremely pull happy?

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

I absolutely loved yesterday's game. It wasn't intended as being negative. It was more constructive criticism and insight into why their game is what it is, and what we can realistically expect. Napoli is almost definitely going to hit for a low average and Iglesias still is not going to hit all that well with this approach. That doesn't mean they are horrible players. It means they could still improve some with a little work. Particularly Iglesias. If he learns to take the ball the other way he could become a solid hitter for a SS.

I think we will see Napoli slotted in the 5th or 6th slot pretty soon. Maybe even 7th.

Could be they were all just a little over-amped.

It being Opening Day and all.

That makes sense. In Yankee stadium I'd like to see those guys take it to RF more though but this wasn't meant to be a huge criticism. Just a dose of realism into a very optimistic day overall. We still can improve. We are still what we are. We are not going to get high average slugging from the 4 spot with Napoli. I'm not confident Gomes is going to hit righties well (as has been his reputation ) and Iglesias did need more time in the minors. 

And Victorino is still going to be a flawed player against RH pitching. From all indications. I like all these players a lot. It's not that I think we should trade them. I think we need to realistically see what they are though. I still think we are a better team with Iglesias at SS, and I do think he can eventually become a much better hitter, but I definitely understand why they wanted to give him more time in the minors.

This team needs Papi in the lineup to be optimized against RH pitching. We are a tremendous lineup against LH pitching. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Iggy really tagged the ball all day...

;)

To be fair.....one was a bunt....and the ball into the hole at Short was hit solidly....and his popup to 1st base, he was amped and over swung on.....from a non expert point a view, I think he has a pretty good swing....level, not too long and this year its aggressive.....once he learns to calm himself in situations and allow the ball to get a little deeper, plus rely on his speed, I could see him develop into a pretty good hitter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It is what it is, I view Drew as a sunk cost at this point.  If Iggy doesn't stop hitting, you gotta get rid of Drew.  Eat some salary if you have to and trade the man, everything is off the books next year anyways.....it's not like he's locked up like AROD

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Iggy really tagged the ball all day...

;)

To be fair.....one was a bunt....and the ball into the hole at Short was hit solidly....and his popup to 1st base, he was amped and over swung on.....from a non expert point a view, I think he has a pretty good swing....level, not too long and this year its aggressive.....once he learns to calm himself in situations and allow the ball to get a little deeper, plus rely on his speed, I could see him develop into a pretty good hitter.

Exactly. He is overanxious. Letting the ball get deeper will allow him a little better pitch selection and enable him to not be fooled as much on balls in the dirt and such. Outside sliders. Balls too low or too high. Off speed stuff. I like his swing also. Just let the ball get a little deeper before beginning it.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

I didn't take it as being negative, just maybe looking too much for perfection. I don't think sending Iglesias down is the only way for him to improve his hitting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

At least Iglesias can try to go up the middle can't he. Come on!

Yes Iglesias pulled that bunt to the right  of Youk at 1st......Dah ! Ya it's you