is it NOT possible that JACK MORRIS is RIGHT?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: is it NOT possible that JACK MORRIS is RIGHT?

and at any time at all a batter can request to the blueman to look at the ball. I can't even guess how many balls they go through in a game. more than a couple of dozen wouldn't you say? buch can be standing at the back of the mound, lick his index and middle finger, step onto the rubber and throw. now if he had a piece of sand paper in his glove and somehow ruffed up the ball, well that's a different story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

love buch and as a homer will giv him the benefit of doubt but i have watched the tape a few times. right off the bat, buch's arm is more shiny that anything i have ever observed on any pitcher. makes one curious. when he keeps going there and keeps touching his hair and hat, makes one wonder. if he werent a red sox, i too would b very suspicious so its not so crazy for morris to demand an explanation and throw out a theory.

for the baseball newbie;

It's called rosin. There's a big bag of it on the pitcher's mound.

He rubs it on his arm.

I'm guessing that if MLB didn't want pitchers to have rosin on the baseball, they wouldn't put a bag of it on the mound, within easy reach of pitchers.

You also left out the part where he wipes his hand on his jersey, after touching his hair or hat.

Go back to watching TMZ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to BostonProSportsLover's comment:

love buch and as a homer will giv him the benefit of doubt but i have watched the tape a few times. right off the bat, buch's arm is more shiny that anything i have ever observed on any pitcher. makes one curious. when he keeps going there and keeps touching his hair and hat, makes one wonder. if he werent a red sox, i too would b very suspicious so its not so crazy for morris to demand an explanation and throw out a theory.

Jack Morris, an ex-pitcher and now meida man, has the RIGHT to DEMAND an explanation??  I don't think so!!!  Jack Morris lacks the "standing" to DEMAND anything. 

It's significant that no member of the Jays or their true organization made any comment about it.  This is nothing but made-up media speculation and for anyone to say or do anything to fuel this fire is doing a disservice to baseball and the Sox.

Let Morris's asinine thougths die a natural death and they will.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

It is highly UNLIKELY.

If Buccholz was really cheating, ya think he'd be so stupid as to put the substance on his arm, in clear sight?

There are those who try to get into people's heads...and that's what this accusation is all about, trying to distract the pitcher's focus. Let's hope Buch doesn't change anything now that this has been put ot there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Jack Morris is an idiot for calling out Buccholz.  

Shea Hillenbrand is partially right when he said, "The ship is sinking." in Toronto.   Because "The ship has sunk to the bottom of the ocean."   LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

To end this all he has to dfo is stop sweating when he pitches.Surprised

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

to stop this all he has to do is stop sweating when he pitches

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

bogus.......have real facts or don't throw out the accusation.........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Jack Morris should worry about getting caught scuffing his own balls.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Any time a player has a run of success, people are going to wonder.

Corked bats, steroids, sandpaper, vaseline, Vitalis, an various other substances have been used forever.

Anybody who thinks the whole of MLB is on the level is fooling themsleves.

Of course, when it's one of our guys, it MUST be wrong....and when it's a Yankee, you know the b#astard is cheating for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

I'm amazed how much Clay Buchholz can perspire playing indoors at a gametime temperature of 68 degrees.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/TOR/TOR201305010.shtml

An investigation might well produce the results that Red Sox fans want: that Dirk Hayhurst and Jack Morris were unfounded in their concerns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Peter Abraham writes that this is almost certainly the result of the Toronto animus toward Farrell for leaving combined with the current state of affairs with their team and the Sox--so far--success. He points out further that Buchholz has always been known to have excellent pitches and that his problems were consistency and staying healthy.   Any manager at any time can demand that a ball be checked for foreign substances, etc. 

I am against doctoring the ball, but have to say MLB in general has consistently done everything possible to make life easier for hitters and harder for pitchers--lowering the mound, tightening the strike zone, etc.  So I kind of like the possibility that one or more pitchers might be fighting back even though it is wrong and should be stopped. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

I'm amazed how much Clay Buchholz can perspire playing indoors at a gametime temperature of 68 degrees.

An investigation might well produce the results that Red Sox fans want: that Dirk Hayhurst and Jack Morris were unfounded in their concerns.

Why aren't the Jays asking for an investigation, Hill?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

As with any team, the Sox included, the parent team holds a lot of sway over the broadcasters. 

If the Toronto Blue Jays organization has any class at all they'll require Morris to either provide proof or issue an apology, and until he does he's out of a job.  End of story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to S5's comment:

As with any team, the Sox included, the parent team holds a lot of sway over the broadcasters. 

If the Toronto Blue Jays organization has any class at all they'll require Morris to either provide proof or issue an apology, and until he does he's out of a job.  End of story.

Hello S5   :)

Is your username "S5" because you drive an Audi S5?  I love the car.   Cool

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

It's not sweat - Buchholz dumps water over his head between innings so he can get moisture from his head and hat instead of going to his mouth.  It's legal if he wipes it off before throwing the pitch, which he does every time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If Jacka** Morris wasn't such an anal dweeb he would have already been inducted into the HOF, with that said he has noone to blame but himself for his epic failure to enter the HOF. As for his demanding of anything other than a refill of coffee from a waitress, he has no such ability! Buchholz routinely goes too his mouth and wipes his hands before ever touching the baseball. As for the rosin on the arm speculation all that would do is dry his arm which from everytime I've seen him pitch is always drenched with either water or persperation! He is a very tanned person so when in a lighted building indoors he is going to naturally glisten. End of story.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Who is Jack Morris?  Is he in the Hall Of Fame?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Buch threw a no-no when he was a rook... Clearly he has fantastic stuff. He is now just harnessing it game in and game out. Him pitching so well is not suspicious (no hitter, 2010 stats are all indicators of what he CAN do when he's on).

If you want to accuse someone of cheating you should have looked at Phillip Humber last season during his perfect game. dude is a nobody with virtually no talent and aside from that perfect game has done nothing noteworthy in his career. why suspect the bum when he pitches well when you can suspect the talented pitcher with a pedigree of great pitching on his resume?

it's all baseless, jealous accusations

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

Jack Morris should worry about getting caught scuffing his own balls.

I'm sure Jack Morris does not have any balls.   LOL

+1

I actually did LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Dennis Eckersley had the perfect line for Jack Morris "ZIP IT".

Sections
Shortcuts