Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford?

No. For better or for worse, the Sox are stuck with him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

It's bad enough to wait and see what happens before saying "this signing was stupid," etc, -- like anyone can do it after the fact (what about the good signings?) -- but to do it after less than half a season is just being a jack@$$.  Theo does a pretty good job and few if any cry-babies on this board could do any better.  The thing is, the RS are spending money nowadays, under the new ownership, and so that's where the two WS comes from.  Stop complaining for chrissake, doesn't anyone remember what it was like before when we always lost??  Now finally we spend money to win and it's like, "but this guys is overpaid!"  Holy cr@p, they all are, including esp. the owners.

Why don't we just see if the guy improves.  I sure didn't like facing him when he was on the Rays.  He can play the outfield and run - whoever said we don't play smallball: you gotta have the players first, now Ellsbury can run, and Crawford can run, and a few others - that will help, esp. in close games and away from Fenway.  Just wait until Crawford gets going, you can't steal first base, he'll get hot and then this same stupid posters will come on under different screennames saying how smart Theo was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

This forum is being deluged with topics that border on the absurd like this one.Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion,but some opinions slamming Theo,Tito,Ellsbury(who deserves to be on this year's All-Star team)Beckett(who is having a Cy Young calibre year),Lowrie and the now an injured Crawford(who was on an impressive two month inprovement in performance)ad nauseum and personal attacks between posters is wearing very thin.Those of you who have engaged in such practices seem to have their ego's deeply involved in berating those whom they do not approve of despite the fact that the Sox are a game and a half out of first place even with the injuries they have sufferred.Enough,you're going to drive Red Sox fans away from this forum with the constant berating of the same guys,whether deserved or not,as after the 20th + time you you beat on the same guys regardless of their performance,it becomes irritating and booring.As for the personal vendettas between posters,who cares.You want to fight,meet in some bar and have at it.many of us just don't care to hear the same thing over and over and over.None of you are G.M.'s,Managers,Players or make your living in the game of baseball or any other sport in any way.I and from many of the responses to you I am apparently not alone in saying move on.Put your ego,envy or whatever is leading you to do what you are doing aside and move on.I know this post will probably be an abject waste of time and won't bother to do it again but i had to give it a try.At least think about iut please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ---The-Babe---. Show ---The-Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Is it possible to trade Carl Crawford?:
      This forum is being deluged with topics that border on the absurd like this one.Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion,but some opinions slamming Theo,Tito,Ellsbury(who deserves to be on this year's All-Star team)Beckett(who is having a Cy Young calibre year),Lowrie and the now an injured Crawford(who was on an impressive two month inprovement in performance)ad nauseum and personal attacks between posters is wearing very thin.Those of you who have engaged in such practices seem to have their ego's deeply involved in berating those whom they do not approve of despite the fact that the Sox are a game and a half out of first place even with the injuries they have sufferred.Enough,you're going to drive Red Sox fans away from this forum with the constant berating of the same guys,whether deserved or not,as after the 20th + time you you beat on the same guys regardless of their performance,it becomes irritating and booring.As for the personal vendettas between posters,who cares.You want to fight,meet in some bar and have at it.many of us just don't care to hear the same thing over and over and over.None of you are G.M.'s,Managers,Players or make your living in the game of baseball or any other sport in any way.I and from many of the responses to you I am apparently not alone in saying move on.Put your ego,envy or whatever is leading you to do what you are doing aside and move on.I know this post will probably be an abject waste of time and won't bother to do it again but i had to give it a try.At least think about iut please.
    Posted by kebbe

LOL...you make it sound like the red flops are the only ones dealing with injuries....all teams have them....it's baseball.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michaelkayn. Show Michaelkayn's posts

I lived in Tampa and watched Carl since his rookie year, he WILL live up to his contract and Boston will fall in love with him when they see what kind of player he is once he gets comfortable in Boston. if A-Gon had started slow would we unload him too? give him time, he will produce.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Captain313. Show Captain313's posts

ONe of Crawford's strengths in his defense. It is hidden playing in the smallest left field in baseball at Fenway. He might be of more use in Fenway's spacious right field. I know he has a bad arm, but Ellsbury played a lot there when he first came up and the Sox had Crisp in center. That would enable the Sox to go after a good hitting righthanded hitter who could play left at Fenway (like Manny) and move Crawford to right. Crawford is neither a good fit at Fenway (one HR every 76 at bats and a 270 average) or in a lineup in which the top five could be the top five for many years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Theo had to make a big splash over last winter.    Crawford was the free agent target.      A-Gon was the trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

For those who don't approved of the topic of discussion, read something else.
    The last I knew this was a DISCUSSION BOARD.
    It is not for the unification thinking, like sheep for those who think any criticism of the Red Sox is awful and should not be written, thought or spoken.
    This is the 4th of July, which celebrates a country that gives us the right of freedom of expression.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Crawford is also Theo's insurance in case Ells walks this year.

Sections
Shortcuts