Is it the bobby v era or error?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Is it the bobby v era or error?

After all the talk of how he changed things up, had the team better prepared in ST, focus on fundamentals, yada,yada,yada.

I think it's fair to ask, was bobby v the right call?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Is it the bobby v era or error?

The way the team looks right now, I don't think it would matter who the manager was. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They aren't losing because of Bobby.

They'll settle down, but they weren't put together to be a contender.  You don't replace one of the best closers in the game with a reclamaition project if you are expecting to contend.  You don't enter ST with 2 open slots in the rotation if you expect to contend.  You don't try to convert the best set up man in baseball into a starter if you are expecting to contend.

In other words, you don't have experiments all over the field if you are expecting to contend.

What is disappointing is that I thought the entire philosophy of the organization was to build something that was sustainable.  They had to be able to foresee this season back when they traded for Agon (which is a big reason the pitching staff is so shallow).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hmwazmo. Show hmwazmo's posts

Owners who are more concerned by their soccer team then the Redsox

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I blame the Babe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Bobby V is a victim here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Is it the bobby v era or error?:
    [QUOTE]Owners who are more concerned by their soccer team then the Redsox
    Posted by hmwazmo[/QUOTE]

yet they have the 2nd highest payroll

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

Not Bobby V's fault... Guys just gotta play better.  Sure hope we're all laughing about this horrid start in a couple months...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I just want to know where everyone is that was all over Francona last year.

It obviously wasn't his fault and supposedly everyone was going to play so much harder and so much better for Valentine.

Obviously it is still early, but just as obviously none of this was on Francona.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]I just want to know where everyone is that was all over Francona last year. It obviously wasn't his fault and supposedly everyone was going to play so much harder and so much better for Valentine. Obviously it is still early, but just as obviously none of this was on Francona.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Cases can be made for and against Francona. People are quick to blame any manager for a teams troubles. It is the easy way out. And some fans quickly forget its the players who need to be ready to play day in and day out. Francona lost control of the clubhouse, no doubt about it. And it it going to take more than 6 games to right that ship.

Bobby V will get this team winning games. The bigger problem, which has nothing to do with Bobby V: this team still has all the trouble(players) from last season. Beckett is most likely washed up(theo grants him phat contract). Lackey, do I need to say more(another theo masterpiece). Youk is another trouble area. He can't stay healthy. His time is almost up too I think. As Drew leaves the Sox up end with another potential Drew in Crawford. If he does not make it back onto the field sooner rather than later that will be another huge hole(thank you theo). Getting rid of Scutaro for what again??? Not turning Bard into the closer, that is a problem. Aceves would have made better sense getting starter shot. Bailey(paid closer) already having thumb surgery. Again, none of this is Bobby V's fault. And then we actually have some young talent, but they are not currently on the team(Iglesias, Lavarnway).

So with all he has to work with and through, it might take some games. Bobby V can only work with the so called athletes he has been given. It is up to them to decide if they want to be in contention or laughed at.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

The only thing you can blame Bobby V for is accepting the job.  

He knew he was walking into a mess, but he saw a chance to do 100 interviews a week and jumped at it.

This team may turn it around, but right now have problems Bobby V has no control over...over-paid under achievers, a AAA bullpen, a below average 3rd baseman...at 3rd base and another one at SS.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it the bobby v era or error? : Cases can be made for and against Francona. People are quick to blame any manager for a teams troubles. It is the easy way out. And some fans quickly forget its the players who need to be ready to play day in and day out. Francona lost control of the clubhouse, no doubt about it. And it it going to take more than 6 games to right that ship. Bobby V will get this team winning games. The bigger problem, which has nothing to do with Bobby V: this team still has all the trouble(players) from last season. Beckett is most likely washed up(theo grants him phat contract). Lackey, do I need to say more(another theo masterpiece). Youk is another trouble area. He can't stay healthy. His time is almost up too I think. As Drew leaves the Sox up end with another potential Drew in Crawford. If he does not make it back onto the field sooner rather than later that will be another huge hole(thank you theo). Getting rid of Scutaro for what again??? Not turning Bard into the closer, that is a problem. Aceves would have made better sense getting starter shot. Bailey(paid closer) already having thumb surgery. Again, none of this is Bobby V's fault. And then we actually have some young talent, but they are not currently on the team(Iglesias, Lavarnway). So with all he has to work with and through, it might take some games. Bobby V can only work with the so called athletes he has been given. It is up to them to decide if they want to be in contention or laughed at.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

I am not blaming Bobby V.  Just making fun of the overly simplistic "Francona Bad, Bobby V good" mind set that has permeated this board for a long time.

Until this team wins 90 plus games all of that can be moth balled.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

So far, the one game I think was mis-managed was Yesterday's.  Bard had not given up a hard-hit ball all night, and he brings in Justin Thomas with one out and runners on the corner with the Sox down two.  How is this guy even on the roster?

Then, with two on and a left-hander on the mound, he let's Ryan Sweeney and his career .587 OPS vs lefties stay at the plate.

Some of these guys could have had more ABs this spring, too.  Youk missed most of the last two months of last season, and when he played he was hurt, so it might have been nice to see him get more Spring ABs than Nate Spears & Jason Repko.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

in no way, shape, or form does this fall on valentines shoulders. the red sox clubhouse is a mess, and everything from last year is spilling over to this year. beckett and youklis need to go, they both are done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Bobby V is a victim here.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

The problem is that the overpaid players, both position players and pitchers are not living up to their contracts.  As some have remarked, there are fractures in the clubhouse which likely creates poor on-field chemistry as well.

When the team's record hits 8W and 15L, expect to see young blood from the minors and a lot of embarassment for several of the fat cats!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

One day fans will realize managers have such little impact on the game. 90% of the managers in the game would take the Yankees, Tigers and Rangers into the playoffs. Furthermore, as much praise as Larussa and Maddon receive and rightfully so to an extent, if you were to watch their teams every night you'd be scratching your head. Everyone says "Maddon gets the Rays to overachieve" not so fast their 6th, 7th, and 8th starters (some in AAA) are better than the Sox's 4,5 over the past few years. Sox fans simply idiots for blaming Francona for bad start last year and you are an idiot if you blame Bobby V for this start. See "antiqueman1" for a critique of all the issues plaguing this team. Folks- the team stinks. I had em at 89 wins, but they are worse than I thought.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it the bobby v era or error? : I am not blaming Bobby V.  Just making fun of the overly simplistic "Francona Bad, Bobby V good" mind set that has permeated this board for a long time. Until this team wins 90 plus games all of that can be moth balled.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Never said you were snake. GO SOX

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Hey guys, just come here and talk BS, join the crowd. The average IQ here easily allows you entrance.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

pitching sux   maybe three clutch hitters at best  keep buying those ticets and nothing will change

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Hey guys, just come here and talk BS, join the crowd. The average IQ here easily allows you entrance.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

At least the have an opinion on the team, players, managers and owners..your the only one that NEVER says ANYTHING about the team....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it the bobby v era or error? : At least the have an opinion on the team, players, managers and owners..your the only one that NEVER says ANYTHING about the team....
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

That's because kimpike is not a sawx fan. Heck, he doesn't even like baseball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Is it the bobby v era or error?:
    [QUOTE]After all the talk of how he changed things up, had the team better prepared in ST, focus on fundamentals, yada,yada,yada. I think it's fair to ask, was bobby v the right call?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Is it the bobby v era or error?:
    [QUOTE]After all the talk of how he changed things up, had the team better prepared in ST, focus on fundamentals, yada,yada,yada. I think it's fair to ask, was bobby v the right call?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Hi Babe.   I've stated more than once that I was strongly opposed to hiring Bobby V as the manager from the get go.   That said, blaming the slow start on him this season is just as ridiculous as blaming last year's slow start on Francona.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Re: Is it the bobby v era or error?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it the bobby v era or error? : yet they have the 2nd highest payroll
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts