Is it time to send Bogey to Pawtucket?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Is it time to send Bogey to Pawtucket?

Making a mad dash for the mendoza line.  Starting to look like the right handed version of JBJ.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Is it time to send Bogey to Pawtucket?

He'll go to Pawtucket after you go to Salem.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Making a mad dash for the mendoza line.  Starting to look like the right handed version of JBJ.

[/QUOTE]

It's not his fault; it's Drew's fault. Just ask many of the posters on this board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

He is still our best prospect. He still has to figure out how to hit an MLB breaking ball. He has been having some better swings the last couple of games. Keep the faith. The same applies to Bradley. As for Betts, he has not had much early success, but he has not looked at all overmatched at the plate. These guys are our top prospects. Our best hope . There is no better alternative than to have patience and stick with them. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

He doesn't need to go to Pawtucket.  You need to be admitted to Bellevue Psychiatric facility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

I expected rookie slumps as some of you like to toss around so freely as an excuse. However this is a flailing failure the last month. Ridicule the position move all you want. Something is in this boys head that is making him look like a middling prospect at best the last 5 weeks. When someone expresses even an implied lack of confidence in you(in this case handling SS)it will affect 8/10 people to varying degrees negatively. It's human nature. Add to that a mere 21 year old life time of which to draw reasoning and understanding and you are a naive head buried fool if you think that this is all just pitcher adjustment. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He'll go to Pawtucket after you go to Salem.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

Red Sox are 38-46 and not going any where. Xander is a very talented player who is struggling right now. Many scouts from other teams love his talent. Best thing is to let him develop at the major leage level rather then send him down and play older veterans with no upside when we are not going any where in 2014.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not his fault; it's Drew's fault. Just ask many of the posters on this board.

[/QUOTE]

Bogaerts is 21 years old. He will be fine.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No, but I'd put Mookie Betts back down there if they plan on making him a full-time OF.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Should of never signed Drew.  He is a cancer to the club house. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Think of it this way,  When Pedroia was Bogaerts age he was in AA ball.  He didn't start hitting at the MLB level until he was 2 months shy of 24 years old.  Ellsbury was in low A when he was Xanders age.  Xander is a phenom who flew up the minors and I'm not really concerned about his long term outlook.

Sending him back down to the minors would have little value for his long term development as he probably has very little if anything to learn down there.  He will hit eventually, he's hit at every level, and now he is just in a funk...I have no doubt he will break out of it and go on a tear.

To be realistic, we probably had unrealistic expectations of him this year to begin with. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Think of it this way,  When Pedroia was Bogaerts age he was in AA ball.  He didn't start hitting at the MLB level until he was 2 months shy of 24 years old.  Ellsbury was in low A when he was Xanders age.  Xander is a phenom who flew up the minors and I'm not really concerned about his long term outlook.

Sending him back down to the minors would have little value for his long term development as he probably has very little if anything to learn down there.  He will hit eventually, he's hit at every level, and now he is just in a funk...I have no doubt he will break out of it and go on a tear.

To be realistic, we probably had unrealistic expectations of him this year to begin with. 

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post! Agree 100% about the very lofty goals that people had.  Personally I was thinking a .265, 15HR and 65RBI season was about what we would see from him.  He's here now....let's stick with him and see how it goes. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His swing is still nice and he hit the ball hard last night.  I thought if he did not hit after the Yankee series, they would send him down. I would like to see Garin C back for a few games, so yes, send Xander down if he doesn't hit soon.  He will enjoy the fireworks display at McCoy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He doesn't need to go to Pawtucket.  You need to be admitted to Bellevue Psychiatric facility.

[/QUOTE]

Have you looked at his numbers for the last month? I think for the last 7 games he is hitting 0.00.  It is a good question and even Joe C on weei hinted at it last night. There are several who can play his position, including Brock Holt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

last this year is a bridge year.  they are here, the team is what it is.  let them (X-bo, JBJ, Moo) learn at the big club level.  nothing to lose at this point and everything to gain (see: experience) ....

other names i have posted under:  none

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Sox just signed top pitching prospect in the international market Chris Acosta, a 16 year old to a 1.5 million dollar contract.

I say bring him up to Boston and see what he can do and if he fails....SHIP THAT BUM OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny, he has pretty much the same number of career plate appearances as JBJ, who you have already decided is a bum and unlikely to ever improve.

So can we assume that Bogaerts is a .250 BA/.700 OPS hitter at best going forward?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Sox just signed top pitching prospect in the international market Chris Acosta, a 16 year old to a 1.5 million dollar contract.

I say bring him up to Boston and see what he can do and if he fails....SHIP THAT BUM OUT OF TOWN!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Why postpone the inevitable?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Xander Bogaerts has over 250 PA's too....I guess he must be a bust. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Why postpone the inevitable?

[/QUOTE]

and now they signed the #2 best pitcher in this years international market.

http://www.leones.com/detalle.php?noticia=2309" rel="nofollow">http://www.leones.com/detalle.php?noticia=2309

They should just sign these guys, then fire them.  SHip them up and ship them out!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Funny, he has pretty much the same number of career plate appearances as JBJ, who you have already decided is a bum and unlikely to ever improve.

So can we assume that Bogaerts is a .250 BA/.700 OPS hitter at best going forward?

[/QUOTE]

Player 1, age 24 : .203/.595/66

Player 2, age 21 : .246/.694/93

Both have a similar number of PAs. Which is the better prospect from an offensive standpoint? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Both have a similar number of PAs. Which is the better prospect from an offensive standpoint? 

[/QUOTE]

You also have to remember that Bradley was also rushed through the majors and lost some time of development due to injuries.  Still kinda sounds like you're moving the goal posts as you said the other day you should know who a player is after 250 PAs

Well Xander has over 250 PA's and has an OPS under .700  is he a bust???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

That one has performed better than the other is obvious and not the point.

The idea that a player is what his numbers say after 350 PA's in the major leagues is just silly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You also have to remember that Bradley was also rushed through the majors and lost some time of development due to injuries.  Still kinda sounds like you're moving the goal posts as you said the other day you should know who a player is after 250 PAs

Well Xander has over 250 PA's and has an OPS under .700  is he a bust???

[/QUOTE]

I think that given Bogaerts' age and superior stats as compared to Bradley he has a better chance of future success. Its possible that Bradley will also be successful at the plate, but the odds of that happening, based on current data, are less than the odds that XBO will be successful. Personally, I do not think Bradley is going to be able to hit ML pitching at a level where he can be a starter.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

That one has performed better than the other is obvious and not the point.

The idea that a player is what his numbers say after 350 PA's in the major leagues is just silly.

[/QUOTE]

Its about the chance that a player will enjoy future success. You cannot say with certainty that ANY player won't do it. Look at Holt. Before this year his OPS was under .700. I would not have predicted his success this year, just as I am not thinking that Bradley will be any kind of offensive force-but he might. Bogaerts has a better shot at it, though, obviously, its not a certainty.

Sections
Shortcuts