Is it Time to Sit Papi v. Most LH pitching?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Is it Time to Sit Papi v. Most LH pitching?

Some clown claimed that Ortiz should be buried v LP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Is it Time to Sit Papi v. Most LH pitching?

I can admit that each of the previous three seasons I voted Ortiz off the island... however while moon called for him to sit vs. lhp I offered that if they were going to pay Ortiz like a super full-time DH then he best be in every game.

In the end he is killing the other teams with the stick. Always glad to be wrong.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

He's hitting .448 vs. left handers and .356 against right handers, with 3 home runs against each with half the at bats again left handers.

I think he stays in the lineup against lefty's if he can keep this up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Mike - Hank is referring to one of the few times Moonslav got something very wrong.  It was 2 years ago, but Hank continues to bring it up because Moon and everyone else here points out Hank/Softy's long, ongoing history of being wrong on almost everything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

At least Moon is MAN enough to admit he was wrong, unlioke some on here...though at the time when Moon said that, many Sox fans wanted him to sit against LHP because his numbers were terrible...Im just happy to see he worked out his issues and is now the Papi of old vs. LHP...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Is it Time to Sit Papi v. Most LH pitching?:
    [QUOTE]Mike - Hank is referring to one of the few times Moonslav got something very wrong.  It was 2 years ago, but Hank continues to bring it up because Moon and everyone else here points out Hank/Softy's long, ongoing history of being wrong on almost everything.
    Posted by Chilliwings[/QUOTE]

I haven't been around much recently. I didn't realize hank was softy taking a shot at moon. I guess softy can't talk about "no pop" Ellsbury anymore. Two years ago Ortiz was having problems with left handed pitching.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it Time to Sit Papi v. Most LH pitching? : I haven't been around much recently. I didn't realize hank was softy taking a shot at moon. I guess softy can't talk about "no pop" Ellsbury anymore. Two years ago Ortiz was having problems with left handed pitching.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

no pop is lowrie, ells is jitterbug

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Some clown wanted Papi demoted back in 2009, while I called for him to be moved from the 3 slot to the 5/6 slot 5 weeks before Tito did it. 

(BTW, it worked: Papi took off after being moved down.)

BTW, the author of this thread agreed that Papi should platoon at DH with Lowell back when I first suggested the idea in the winter of 2009-2010. Now, he denies, distracts, and lies.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

moon was not wrong at the time--- although he would be wrong now.  Hank/Softy is just wrong 99% of the time.  The  1% of the time that he is right is actually still a mistake because he actually means to be wrong, but just screws up what he is trying to state.Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I am certain I said it sometime in the past and Francona in fact did it in the past, but this year I ain't crazy. 

Hitting to all fields has given Ortiz a huge boost and makes his salary this year look like a bargain. 

I thought in the offseason the choice was between keeping Ortiz and keeping Papelbon and that keeping Ortiz was the smart move because it was only for one year, not four.  So far, Ortiz has kept his part of the bargain, but the Phillies are also very happy with Pap.  Funny thing, though, Aceves, after two early disasters, is starting to look like a closer with 5 of 7 saves and three 1-run saves. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I am certain I said it sometime in the past and Francona in fact did it in the past, but this year I ain't crazy.  Hitting to all fields has given Ortiz a huge boost and makes his salary this year look like a bargain.  I thought in the offseason the choice was between keeping Ortiz and keeping Papelbon and that keeping Ortiz was the smart move because it was only for one year, not four.  So far, Ortiz has kept his part of the bargain, but the Phillies are also very happy with Pap.  Funny thing, though, Aceves, after two early disasters, is starting to look like a closer with 5 of 7 saves and three 1-run saves. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    Pretty sad state of affairs when the " well to do " Sox have to choose between keeping Ortiz ( one of the best hitters in the game ) and Papelbon ( one of the best closers in the game .)  What happened ?  We had plenty of money for Crawford , Lackey and Jenks.  What a way to run a ballclub !!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Some clown wanted Papi demoted back in 2009, while I called for him to be moved from the 3 slot to the 5/6 slot 5 weeks before Tito did it. 

BTW, this poster never wanted Ortiz "demoted" and called for the fans to understand that most fans are losers while Ortiz is a career winner and would come back over full season sample. BTW, Moonshwemp is prevaricating and called for Ortiz to be moved to the 6 or 7 slot, he is a liar on claiming the 5 slot. He also wanted Ortiz released before his claim that "it worked".

(BTW, it worked: Papi took off after being moved down.)

After being moved down to 5, and some 6 v LP, there was no cause and effect as Ortiz, despised by most Red Sox fans who lie and claim they love him after the fact. In fact, Moonshemp wanted Ortiz moved to 6 and 7, and when the move to 5 and 6 was followed by continued slump, Moonshemp stated that Ortiz was getting old and Buster Olney's claim of a release meeting by upper management was going to be necessary.
    BTW, the author of this thread agreed that Papi should platoon at DH with Lowell back when I first suggested the idea in the winter of 2009-2010. Now, he denies, distracts, and lies

I'm not the author of this thread, dim wit. I never said that the whining Lowell should be platooned with Ortiz. In fact, I said that Lowell should only hit for Ortiz against poor career matchup histories v. some LP. In fact, before the season started, when the Texas trade fell through because of Lowell flunking the medical tests, I stated that Lowell was washed up and Lowell needed to keep his mouth shut or he needed to be released to the same market that Tim Wastefield's agent lied about as having interest in Wastefield. The author of this thread claimed he was "insurance", at which time, after YOuk injury, Lowell was so pitiful that not a team in baseball had any interest in him as a MLB player. Lowell, like Wastefield and VAritek, was forced to accept the fact that he was washed up and his complaining about his 2010 role is a black mark on what had been all good will.

Sections
Shortcuts