Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

He has quietly put together a solid stat line since his return to the team which is filled with some clutch hits and key runs.  We all know he'll never be the $20M player the Sox signed him for, but who knows, maybe we can finally give the guy a chance to belong on this team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

I never stopped.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Crawford can't live p to his contract, especially with the time he's missed he would have to become a 40 hr guy........but has he set the bar so low that if he gives us what he did in Tampa that we may actually like him???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?:
    [QUOTE]Crawford can't live p to his contract, especially with the time he's missed he would have to become a 40 hr guy........but has he set the bar so low that if he gives us what he did in Tampa that we may actually like him???
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]Carl Crawford was a pretty good baseball player in Tampa. Or have you forgotten all those times he beat us?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Only illogical, cranky old fa-rts like Andrewmitch expected him to bomb throughout his six year contract. Andrew actually prays for it so that his online identity and ego remain intact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He just passed Pedroia and Ellsbury in OBP...LMAO..it's true .324 to .320 and .319

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hope someday I can admit I was terribly wrong calling him "a glorified platoon player" whose contract will "cripple us for 7 years".

Please CC: prove me wrong and start soon!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to "Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : Carl Crawford was a pretty good baseball player in Tampa. Or have you forgotten all those times he beat us? Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Oh I remember.....I hope vintage Crawford comes back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

What's the difference than what Crawford is doing than when Lowrie or Reddick first came up? Or Ted Cox. Or Lou Clinton's incredible streak in 1962? Or any of dozens of examples fueled by small sample hysteria.
    Anyone can have a couple of weeks being hot. Small sample. At 31years old, spending all those years on turf at Tropicana, plus needing TJ surgery, there's plenty of room to doubt Crawford's future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

moon, the only thing I can think of is CC finally said to himself, hey why am I moping, I make 142 million....bling, bling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

righty, you're missing the point. We're just glad the guy is doing anything.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]What's the difference than what Crawford is doing than when Lowrie or Reddick first came up? Or Ted Cox. Or Lou Clinton's incredible streak in 1962? Or any of dozens of examples fueled by small sample hysteria. Anyone can have a couple of weeks being hot. Small sample. At 31years old, spending all those years on turf at Tropicana, plus needing TJ surgery, there's plenty of room to doubt Crawford's future.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]Because Carl Crawford has a pretty long history of being an all star outfielder in the major leagues.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]What's the difference than what Crawford is doing than when Lowrie or Reddick first came up? Or Ted Cox. Or Lou Clinton's incredible streak in 1962? Or any of dozens of examples fueled by small sample hysteria. Anyone can have a couple of weeks being hot. Small sample. At 31years old, spending all those years on turf at Tropicana, plus needing TJ surgery, there's plenty of room to doubt Crawford's future.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

Are you hoping that he continues to do poorly? Did you make a wager?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wait..sample size???? The latest sample size suggests this Crawford is closer to the real Carl Crawford.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

I could care less about Carl Crawford. I hope he's happy that his sensitivity at being called such a  horrble name as "monday", got someone fired from their job.

"Because Carl Crawford has a pretty long history of being an all star outfielder in the major leagues" - Carnie Wilson

So, by that brilliant logic, then you fully expect Jason Bay to return to 30-100 form any day now, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Wow...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I don't know, but I like Red Sox who actually help the team. CC is helping the team. I could care less about sample size on this subject.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Wow, what?
    Varitek has a long history of being an all-star catcher.
    When's he coming back?
    Have another drink of Cherry Koolaide!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

No sample size shows CC can hit LHPs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LMFAO, moon

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

There is already a delusional comment thread....please post accordingly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I could care less about Carl Crawford. I hope he's happy that his sensitivity at being called such a  horrble name as "monday", got someone fired from their job. "Because Carl Crawford has a pretty long history of being an all star outfielder in the major leagues" - Carnie Wilson So, by that brilliant logic, then you fully expect Jason Bay to return to 30-100 form any day now, right?
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]Actually, I only remember Bay having the one 30 100 year, and I liked Bay. Crawford was a perennial all star when Theo signed him. Your argument is a straw man. But please try again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

is rightymclefty a cop? Oh, oh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]He just passed Pedroia and Ellsbury in OBP...LMAO..it's true .324 to .320 and .319
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

wait, here comes Ellsbury! Double and now he's .325 to CC's .324..the race is on!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The cop got himself fired.....what does that have to do with crawfords stats/future/splits etc etc etc?