Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

This is getting hysterical. Pedroia gets a RBI, so now it's 
    OBP update: Ellsbury .325, Pedroia and CC at .320....who will top out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Jason Bay has been a 30-100 guy FOUR times, smart guy.
    A starting All Star in BOTH leagues.
    Do some research before trying to be a wise guy.
    As for the other guy, 6kwhatever, Dago is a known slur, although I have no idea what it means. At least W.O.P. mean Without Papers, in reference to immigration issues. Monday is a day of the week, to 99% of the population.
    Got it, genius?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?:
    In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : Actually, I only remember Bay having the one 30 100 year, and I liked Bay. Crawford was a p erennial all star when Theo signed him. Your argument is a straw man. But please try again.
    Posted by carnie

Bay had 4 seasons with 30+ HRs and 100+ RBIs.

Crawford made the Allstart Game 4 times, but maybe some of them were because he was the best on a bad team.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Jason Bay has been a 30-100 guy FOUR times, smart guy. A starting All Star in BOTH leagues. Do some research before trying to be a wise guy. As for the other guy, 6kwhatever, Dago is a known slur, although I have no idea what it means. At least W.O.P. mean Without Papers, in reference to immigration issues. Monday is a day of the week, to 99% of the population. Got it, genius?
    Posted by rightymclefty

At some point in time a slur word is defined as a slur word for the first time. If known as a slur word to both the cop and Crawford then that is sufficient. It does not need to be qualified by the majority of the population. At one time da-go was not a slur word.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

It also doesn't take 99% of the population to make it prejudice.......that's the funny thing about prejudice, it only takes 1 person. Back to the op. Crawford is here to stay so it's not bad or even unreasonable to hope he returns to his career norms.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : don't rain on righty's racist parade. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown  
    Posted by bellhorn_

Good stuff...perfectly put...no rain

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Bellhorn= mini-minded liberal.
    Small minds like to toss around terms like "racist" because the liberal's last bastion is to pull the race card, when they can't make a point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I wonder if an Italian from Cranston would be upset if somebody called him a da-go?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

On any other forum you would have been permanently banned long before this.  Here you are again revealing personal information about another poster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to "Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?":
    Bellhorn= mini-minded liberal. Small minds like to toss around terms like "racist" because the liberal's last bastion is to pull the race card, when they can't make a point. Posted by rightymclefty
    So what does that make you for bringing up the racist comment.....no one hear said it or even mentioned it. YOU brought it up?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to "Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?":
    I want to thank that cop for getting Crawford to perform better. Posted by TrotterNixon
    Lol.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Bellhorn= mini-minded liberal. Small minds like to toss around terms like "racist" because the liberal's last bastion is to pull the race card, when they can't make a point.
    Posted by rightymclefty

I'm mostly a RWC.  If someone says 'call the Paddy wagon' because they want a big truck to haul people off in, it's not a slur.  If they call for a Paddy Wagon in front of an Irish pub, with the intent of annoying the Irish, then it's a slur.

This isn't really that complicated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I could care less about Carl Crawford. I hope he's happy that his sensitivity at being called such a  horrble name as "monday", got someone fired from their job. "Because Carl Crawford has a pretty long history of being an all star outfielder in the major leagues" - Carnie Wilson So, by that brilliant logic, then you fully expect Jason Bay to return to 30-100 form any day now, right?
    Posted by rightymclefty

Dumb statement regarding Crawford. You should be in Crawfords shoes and have a racist term used on you and let's see how you would enjoy it. The policeman used a racial slur and although I think the punishment might have been a bit severe, Crawford did nothing wrong and doesn't deserve your criticism. The cop was completely in the wrong and learns a harsh lesson. 

Hetchinspete

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I could care less about Carl Crawford. I hope he's happy that his sensitivity at being called such a  horrble name as "monday", got someone fired from their job.
    Posted by rightymclefty

A  grown man with a history of racist remarks got himself fired.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Jason Bay has been a 30-100 guy FOUR times, smart guy. A starting All Star in BOTH leagues. Do some research before trying to be a wise guy. As for the other guy, 6kwhatever, Dago is a known slur, although I have no idea what it means. At least W.O.P. mean Without Papers, in reference to immigration issues. Monday is a day of the week, to 99% of the population. Got it, genius?
    Posted by rightymclefty

Monday is a day of the week, yes but used in the way it was used by the cop was racist. It might not be obvious to you but it was obvious to many others, and it has nothing to do with being right wing, left wing, conservative or liberal. Racism is racism and cannot be tolerated especially from the people who enforce our laws. 

You're no genius either !!

Hetch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Final OBP Update: Ellsbury .329, Craw .325, Pedroia .324... Ciriaco's .346 sits again. :-)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

What's the difference than what Crawford is doing than when Lowrie or Reddick first came up? Or Ted Cox. Or Lou Clinton's incredible streak in 1962? Or any of dozens of examples fueled by small sample hysteria. Anyone can have a couple of weeks being hot. Small sample. At 31years old, spending all those years on turf at Tropicana, plus needing TJ surgery, there's plenty of room to doubt Crawford's future.
    Posted by rightymclefty

"Anyone can have a couple of weeks being hot". Really?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

I don't know, but I like Red Sox who actually help the team. CC is helping the team. I could care less about sample size on this subject.
    Posted by dannycater

I thought that you were resigned to the fact that based on one bad year that the six yr. CC contract was a certain waste? You always put your current passion ahead of your patience, logic, and reason. You reverse yourself every day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

It is hard not to root for Carl Crawford.  Keep it up Carl.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

An about face for a perpetual wet blanket. Nice to see you happy for a fleeting moment.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I do not believe in Crawford yet.  But I am happy to see that he is getting hot.  I hope Crawford does not call me a racist for not believing in him. 

Sections
Shortcuts