Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

It'll remain a bad signing, but it's better to have a weak signing than an abysmal signing.

Knowing the board, I figure it'll take at least a week before posters start blaming Theo for not signing him to a longer contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

I always believed he had the talent, and that he didn't suddenly lose it on his way to Boston from Tampa Bay. But under he showed it in Boston I thought it was possible he just couldn't handle playing in Boston. I'm optimistic, but with our luck he'll start producing around the same time he goes for Tommy John.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?:
    [QUOTE]What's the difference than what Crawford is doing than when Lowrie or Reddick first came up? Or Ted Cox. Or Lou Clinton's incredible streak in 1962? Or any of dozens of examples fueled by small sample hysteria. Anyone can have a couple of weeks being hot. Small sample. At 31years old, spending all those years on turf at Tropicana, plus needing TJ surgery, there's plenty of room to doubt Crawford's future.
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

That CRawford has an actual track record at the MLB level, which includes All Star apeparances, a Silver Slugger award and the distinction of being one of two players in MLB history to have 200 doubles, 100 triples, 100 home runs and 400 steals before turning 30.

Or did Ted Cox do all that when I wasn't looking?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Hey Hetch, you don't know jack.
    For years, I had to hear dopes say my father was in the Mafia, because we were from Federal Hill, and how all Italians were crooks.
    When any Italian attained a level of success, it was wispered, that he must've been "connected".
    I had a mother of a girl I was going out with in a snooty waterfront town, say, "I never thought my daughter would be dating an Italian".
    I had a history professor say, "Italians are the lowest rung of American society".
    Discrimination happens to Jews, Hispanics, Portugese, Arabs. Lebonese, and almost every ethnic group in the country. It's not all Black and White.
    So, spare me your "you never knew discrimination"crap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Final OBP Update: Ellsbury .329, Craw .325, Pedroia .324... Ciriaco's .346 sits again. :-)
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I think Ciriaco should be playing too due to his superior fielding, but Aviles has been super hot recently.

6 for 16 with 3 BBs (OB 9/19)

Tonight's(OB/PA):

Ciriaco 0/1, Ells 3/5, CC 3/5, Pedey 4/5.

Ciriaco's recent OBP:

.323 the last 14 days
    .300 the last 7 days
    .297 the last 28 days

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

That CRawford has an actual track record at the MLB level, which includes All Star apeparances, a Silver Slugger award and the distinction of being one of two players in MLB history to have 200 doubles, 100 triples, 100 home runs and 400 steals before turning 30.

CC is definetly Allstar caliber vs RHPs, but vs LHPs...

Career

vs RHPs prorated to 650 PAs:
    .305/.343/.468/.811   14 HRs  40 2B+3Bs  57 SB/ 10 CS

Vs LHPs prorated to 650 PAs
    .262/.308/.377/.686  8 HRs  34 2B+3Bs  21 SB/ 9 CS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : WAIVERS!
    Posted by readsocks[/QUOTE]

He's already gone through them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]An about face for a perpetual wet blanket. Nice to see you happy for a fleeting moment.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

I'm here to please you Pike, here to please just you. If you approve, then I know that the thought police approves. It gives me great pleasure to know that the resident forum policeman has faith in the fans that trouble him the most. Nice to know that you think I'm happy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

And I'm reporting you for personal attacks. How's that coochie coo?
    Can't compete in a debate, so you resort to name calling, and the biggest high school mentality of a move....."ignore". Woo! Hoo!
    Troll? I've forgotten more about Red Sox baseball that you know.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]Jason Bay has been a 30-100 guy FOUR times, smart guy. A starting All Star in BOTH leagues. Do some research before trying to be a wise guy. As for the other guy, 6kwhatever, Dago is a known slur, although I have no idea what it means. At least W.O.P. mean Without Papers, in reference to immigration issues. Monday is a day of the week, to 99% of the population. Got it, genius?
    Posted by rightymclefty[/QUOTE]

6k-whatever is the grotesque board stalker a.k.a. Pike, Calzone and many other handles.  Ignore it completely, it's valueless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : I'm here to please you Pike, here to please just you. If you approve, then I know that the thought police approves. It gives me great pleasure to know that the resident forum policeman has faith in the fans that trouble him the most. Nice to know that you think I'm happy. 
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Actually, the resident forum policemen are not the posters who comment right on the board about poster's comments, they are the ones who call BDC on their bat phones behind the scenes and have posts and posters removed from the forum. Let's get that straight.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I love that Carl is doing so well. He was really hammered when he came here adjusting to a new environment, team and a big wall in left field. He admitted he was upset about the criticism, and rightly so. He didn't deserve it, and like many other players it affected his game.

The abuse of players by the media, the fans and the trolls pretending to be fans really needs to change. If you want someone to do well, expect the best, but also stop kicking players when they're down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The abuse of players by the media, the fans and the trolls pretending to be fans really needs to change. If you want someone to do well, expect the best, but also stop kicking players when they're down."

Actually the best players in any sport are immune from the criticism. The sensitive types are exactly the ones you don't want on your team. The best ones are motivated by the negativity and use it to turn their game around. 

If an athlete needs to be coddled they are not worth the multi-million dollar contracts they are paid. 

As for Crawford I too am happy for him but is there much point is dwelling on him until he gets his Tommy John surgery and rehabs and comes back sometime in 2013 or maybe 2014?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : Dumb statement regarding Crawford. You should be in Crawfords shoes and have a racist term used on you and let's see how you would enjoy it. The policeman used a racial slur and although I think the punishment might have been a bit severe, Crawford did nothing wrong and doesn't deserve your criticism. The cop was completely in the wrong and learns a harsh lesson.  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

You can take the boy out of southie, but you can't take southie out of the boy...

Racism, like religion and political-social views are bread into young minds and nutured by thier parents beliefs. Then at somepoint in a young person life they reach an age, where they then begin to form thier own opinions and begin to make choices for themselves. In this instance the officer in question took an oath to protect and serve. As a member of the police force his behavior was un-becoming of a civil servant and as such. His privilage to wear the uniform was rightfully taken from him. In the land of the free. As an American citizen he has a right to express himself in any manner he choses. However, once he took the oath, with that comes the responsibility to act accordingly. There's no place for anti-semetism or racism in our nations police forces or in our judicial system. Because it compromises one of the tenent of our constitution. "We the People" spent more than 100 years working through the many layers of the amancipation proclomantion.

We've only just begun to truly live the words penned on our Nations Declaration of Independence.... 

When in the course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.

We
    hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I hope CC can keep it up it would be great going forward.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : Actually, the resident forum policemen are not the posters who comment right on the board about poster's comments, they are the ones who call BDC on their bat phones behind the scenes and have posts and posters removed from the forum. Let's get that straight.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

You're defending Pike again.  On this thread he threw out pieces of personal information about another poster.  Certainly not the first time he's done it.  OK maybe he's not a policeman, he's a stalker.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : 6k-whatever is the grotesque board stalker a.k.a. Pike, Calzone and many other handles.  Ignore it completely, it's valueless.
    Posted by SonicsMonksLyresVicars[/QUOTE]

You finally confessed last week that you are also Chilliwings. Still getting the laptop ( Chilliwings) repaired? Not that anyone misses Chilli. Sonics, Monks, Lyres, Vicars - all great heavy metal rock groups, I highly recommend them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I kind of miss just "pike" myself. someone accusing someone else of having too many avatars---kettle..black much?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

What are the odds that three forum regulars in this forum:

Are all from Pensacola, FL ( look at their profiles)
    All served 30 plus years in the Navy
    All are ulta Conservatives
    All like to start nonsense threads each day.

Why no witch hunt that one poster here is using three monikers
    Alibiike, Harv53, and Bill-806

MrYazz was also:

BaseballDr
    HurtLocker
    DeerHunter
    Yazzer
    GickChum
    Crono
    JoseTavarez
    Bellhorn

No witch hunt on him?

RightyMcLefty = RodfromCranston = GermanySoxFan

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I've been bashing crawford pretty hard, but he certainly looks a lot better at the plate lately.  I'd be happy if the guy could look & play like a decent $3 Million / year guy.

He was over-sold as a good outfielder, good on base guy with speed & a little pop.  An excellent "table setter." 

He's a below average outfielder, & poor on base guy, with speed he never uses. 

BUT...  If he can keep anywhere near his current pace, I will gladly jump on the Crawford Bandwagon.  What other choice do we have???  Frankly, given what things have been like, I'll be happy if the guy keeps his average above .275, gets his head out of his arss, & uses his speed once on base.

Either way, I'm going to keep rooting for the guy.  It certainly can't hurt. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ok Carl! You can hit, you can run, but can you crow???

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm beginning to believe the cop who called him Monday did the Sox a favor.  I think he was racist and, more importantly, so does CC.  But CC is now being attacked for complaining about it, which just might have fueled his desire to show he can still play. 

This does indeed look like the guy the Sox are paying all that money to.  Still early, but you gotta be happy for him and for the team. 

And don't forget he wants to play even though he knows he gets tommy john surgery after the season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

I've been saying all along that all Crawford needs is a little time.  He's starting to show what he can do now.  I for one am glad for two reasons.  1.  He's really gonna help the team, and 2. Don't have to listen to all the haters bashing him everyday (A-Mitch).

Go Carl and Go Sox!