Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?

In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford?:
    [QUOTE]" The abuse of players by the media, the fans and the trolls pretending to be fans really needs to change. If you want someone to do well, expect the best, but also stop kicking players when they're down." Actually the best players in any sport are immune from the criticism. The sensitive types are exactly the ones you don't want on your team. The best ones are motivated by the negativity and use it to turn their game around.  If an athlete needs to be coddled they are not worth the multi-million dollar contracts they are paid.  As for Crawford I too am happy for him but is there much point is dwelling on him until he gets his Tommy John surgery and rehabs and comes back sometime in 2013 or maybe 2014?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

You may feel like the sensitive types are ones you don't want on your team, but Crawford is on your team. Beating him up doesn't change that. And having him not perform well, is only hurting your team. So, it still makes no sense, unless you're for beating players off your team, or having the ones that are here to stay play horribly.

I don't feel baseball is sooo important that you need to weed out the sensitive players. Why not just have more compassion?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : You're defending Pike again.  On this thread he threw out pieces of personal information about another poster.  Certainly not the first time he's done it.  OK maybe he's not a policeman, he's a stalker.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

I'm stating my opinion. If you don't like it, Halifax, you can lump it.

From the post I read, it's says something like Rob or whatever from Cranston is Italian and wouldn't like to be called a dago. That's not negative. He's saying that whatever the ethnic slur is, the person who's of that ethnicity wouldn't like it. I don't know Rob from Cranston, but I've heard people talk about him on the board. I believe everyone already knew him to be Italian.

If I mentioned that I was Italian, and someone on the board said I was Italian is that really revealing personal information? And again, he's defending Italians.

There are some Yankee fans here who admit that they are here to police the board and make sure we keep it real here. Zac is here 24/7 doing it. They've NEVER been accused of policing the board. Isn't that hilarious? Their friends here, probably including you, think it's normal. FTR, it's not. And he goes after my posts no matter what the hour is in CT (where he's said he's from), and that's not considered policing the board.

I would love it if you and your pals would one day come out and say something about Yankee fans like Zac policing the board, or Babe's abuse, or Mikey's thousands of aliases policing a Sox board. These are Yankee trolls, and yet everyone's obsession is a Sox fan on a Sox board.

Don't you remember when a Yankee fan was caught on the board saying he was a new Sox fan here, and it was revealed that he was a Yankee fan under another screenname at another time? He only made like four posts, and he was busted. You were attacking Pike at that time and I asked you why you had no comment about the Yankee fan pretending to be new here on another thread. You never posted there. You never said one word about it. It's posters like you I don't get.

And there is a group of you who behave the same way. It's all good when it's a Yankee fan even though this is supposed to be a Sox board. Someone needs to explain that to me. And it shouldn't be anything like they're expected to do that here. These guys are in their forties, and in Zac's case, he said he was a grandfather. I mean c'mon. Grow up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

kim, it's unfortunate this board is such a poorly moderated free-for-all.  People should not be able to keep coming back with different screen names when they've been banned.  That includes mikey, who I don't really know but who appears to be one of the worst offenders at this and an idiot.

And it includes Pike, who is probably the most irritating and reprehensible poster the board has seen.  He has now had at least two dozen screen names.  He goes on the game threads for the sole purpose of relentlessly badgering other posters whose views don't conform with his.  And he commits the worst offense of all which is to go digging through people's personal information and posting it on the board to embarrass them or get his jollies or for whatever reason he does it.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Carl Crawford sure is looking like the man right now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

As I have said repeatedly, the Red Sox are making a huge mistake if they let him go...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : Incorrect; he identified me (wrongly I may add) as a jailed 42 yr old martial arts instructor playboy living in Derry, NH who posted on the trufan site, and jessey as somebody else. I believe you knew this.  
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I did know that. And Jessey is not his real name, which I said at the time. And you keep saying you were wrongly identified, but still say you were identified. If you weren't identified, then you weren't identified. Pretty simple.

The person you were talking about had the name "Steven". I don't think that identifying any "Steven" identifies you even if it was you. There is no way to prove that. So, it's kinda ridiculous unless, of course, you believe you're the only Steven in the world. In that case, then it had to be you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : I did know that. And Jessey is not his real name, which I said at the time. And you keep saying you were wrongly identified, but still say you were identified. If you weren't identified, then you weren't identified. Pretty simple. The person you were talking about had the name "Steven". I don't think that identifying any "Steven" identifies you even if it was you. There is no way to prove that. So, it's kinda ridiculous unless, of course, you believe you're the only Steven in the world. In that case, then it had to be you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]Could you pease stop doing this pike?

pike
    waldobelfast
    kimsaysthis
    6k3......
    michaelsjr
    nhballfan
    prksndnld
    jimfromflorida

I'm sure I've missed a few.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : Could you pease stop doing this pike? pike waldobelfast kimsaysthis 6k3...... michaelsjr nhballfan prksndnld jimfromflorida I'm sure I've missed a few.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

You're crazy, Carnie. And not just because I'm on your list. prksndnld is a known Yankee fan here. Jimfromflorida is a known Sox fan here who's never been accused of being anyone. Michaelsjr is probably Mikey, and nhballfan could be Steven when he thought he was banned, or, again, Mikey.

You're just another poster who never says anything negative about the Yankee fans here, even when they're trolls and give the Yankee fans here a bad name. Keep kissing their butts, and calling me Pike, you're probably a Yankee fan favorite.

I took you off my friends list, and now I'm Pike. That's just hilarious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I think I have missed some of the drama on here...Just a bit, anyway...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : You're crazy, Carnie. And not just because I'm on your list. prksndnld is a known Yankee fan here. Jimfromflorida is a known Sox fan here who's never been accused of being anyone. Michaelsjr is probably Mikey, and nhballfan could be Steven when he thought he was banned, or, again, Mikey. You're just another poster who never says anything negative about the Yankee fans here, even when they're trolls and give the Yankee fans here a bad name. Keep kissing their butts, and calling me Pike, you're probably a Yankee fan favorite. I took you off my friends list, and now I'm Pike. That's just hilarious.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]I'm here every day cheering for my team. Maybe you're not pike, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. But you sure do act like him sometimes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Yeah, Carnie Wilson called me "Pike" in another thread.
    Oh, and the Schizo's Choice, Crawford is 2-9 since Monday.
    He'll revert back to mediocrity on the road, where he's hitting a robust .118.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : I'm here every day cheering for my team. Maybe you're not pike, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. But you sure do act like him sometimes.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't be worried about fans who speak openly on the board as themselves. You should be worried about the insidious posters like Mikey who pretend to be fans of other teams, immitate known posters on the board, and who was Law2009 and bumps threads to have them removed and wreck a board that's not his team's. But that would require you to say something negative about a Yankee fan who's a troll here. Something you would never do.

Pike is Pike under whatever screenname hasn't been banned. It's so obvious. And Mikey is immitating Pike under a couple of aliases now. Stop going after Sox fans, and letting Yankee trolls ruin this board. A poster who acted like Mikey on a Yankee board wouldn't last a day because they wouldn't put up with it. All you spineless whiners who keep complaining about Sox fans and coddling Yankee trolls are pathetic. And your pal Zac is no prize either. Who polices a rival team's board 24 hours a day? That's beyond bizarre. Wake up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : You shouldn't be worried about fans who speak openly on the board as themselves. You should be worried about the insidious posters like Mikey who pretend to be fans of other teams, immitate known posters on the board, and who was Law2009 and bumps threads to have them removed and wreck a board that's not his team's. But that would require you to say something negative about a Yankee fan who's a troll here. Something you would never do. Pike is Pike under whatever screenname hasn't been banned. It's so obvious. And Mikey is immitating Pike under a couple of aliases now. Stop going after Sox fans, and letting Yankee trolls ruin this board. A poster who acted like Mikey on a Yankee board wouldn't last a day because they wouldn't put up with it. All you spineless whiners who keep complaining about Sox fans and coddling Yankee trolls are pathetic. And your pal Zac is no prize either. Who polices a rival team's board 24 hours a day? That's beyond bizarre. Wake up.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]I actually like some of the Yankee fans though. I guess that's the difference between you and me. Most of the Yankee fans who come here regularly will man up and bet, except for zac of course. He claims to be too young to bet. A lot of the alleged Sox fans who come here just want to come and b!tch. I try not to talk to those folks too much. I'm making an exception for you because we used to be friends.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : I did know that. And Jessey is not his real name, which I said at the time. And you keep saying you were wrongly identified, but still say you were identified. If you weren't identified, then you weren't identified. Pretty simple. The person you were talking about had the name "Steven". I don't think that identifying any "Steven" identifies you even if it was you. There is no way to prove that. So, it's kinda ridiculous unless, of course, you believe you're the only Steven in the world. In that case, then it had to be you.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but this is double talk personified. pike was trying to identify me; the only one with the nhsteven moniker, unless Mikey or someone else wants to mimic it. Pike just didn't succeed. Play on semantics; he attempted to identify me, is that better? And speaking of going from the sublime to the ridiculous; even if my name was Usain Bolt, I would know I wouldn't be the only one in all likelihood.

You know, sometimes you are wrong. Here's guessing you would be wrong less often if your subliminal judgement of posters wasn't largely based on fan bent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : You're crazy, Carnie. And not just because I'm on your list. prksndnld is a known Yankee fan here. Jimfromflorida is a known Sox fan here who's never been accused of being anyone. Michaelsjr is probably Mikey, and nhballfan could be Steven when he thought he was banned, or, again, Mikey. You're just another poster who never says anything negative about the Yankee fans here, even when they're trolls and give the Yankee fans here a bad name. Keep kissing their butts, and calling me Pike, you're probably a Yankee fan favorite. I took you off my friends list, and now I'm Pike. That's just hilarious.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Apparently you've never seen his responses to Yankee fans when he posts that pix of a boy in Sox regalia giving the finger

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Wow someone tries to start a thread on "time to believe in Crawford" and we got the usual kim vs. Yankee rhetoric, and bellhorn_ injects race into the thread...

this thread represents the mood of the forum indeed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : Sorry, but this is double talk personified. pike was trying to identify me ; the only one with the nhsteven moniker, unless Mikey or someone else wants to mimic it. Pike just didn't succeed. Play on semantics; he attempted to identify me, is that better? And speaking of going from the sublime to the ridiculous; even if my name was Usain Bolt, I would know I wouldn't be the only one in all likelihood. You know, sometimes you are wrong. Here's guessing you would be wrong less often if your subliminal judgement of posters wasn't largely based on fan bent.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]So what are you going to want from me if we have to run up the white flag? Would "Reluctant admirer of NYY" be enough?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : So what are you going to want from me if we have to run up the white flag? Would "Reluctant admirer of NYY" be enough?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I don't understand the context of this response relative to my post; especially when you responded to me a couple of days ago with the phrase
    Yanquis heder, which was pretty funny I thought. You don't need to throw up a white flag for me.

The point is, pike, in all likelyhood a lonely guy in his early 70s who manages at times to show his lighter side, has done some pretty egregious things here; the attempt to invade one's privacy in May 2011 makes practically everything else done by others pale in comparison.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : I don't understand the context of this response relative to my post; especially when you responded to me a couple of days ago with the phrase Yanquis heder , which was pretty funny I thought. You don't need to throw up a white flag for me. The point is, pike, in all likelyhood a lonely guy in his early 70s who manages at times to show his lighter side, has done some pretty egregious things here; the attempt to invade one's privacy in May 2011 makes practically everything else done by others pale in comparison.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]We still have a bet right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : I actually like some of the Yankee fans though. I guess that's the difference between you and me. Most of the Yankee fans who come here regularly will man up and bet, except for zac of course. He claims to be too young to bet. A lot of the alleged Sox fans who come here just want to come and b!tch. I try not to talk to those folks too much. I'm making an exception for you because we used to be friends.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I have some of the Yankee fans on my friends list. So, I'm not sure how that's different. And Zac saying he's too young to bet is hilarious since he has said he's a grandfather on the board and people were congratulating him on a thread. He's full of it.

I have removed probably 7 names from my list. Some because I was annoyed with them, and a couple because I didn't want them to take the heat for my controversial posts. Harness was my first friend, and I removed him and Burrito at the same time because I was annoyed they were posting in a thread where Mikey was immitating my screenname and they didn't say anything. If that doesn't show you that I'm a female, I don't know what would. lol I was "friends" with you for a short moment until you were all over Zac on the board and added him within a day or so. I thought that was annoying, so off you went. I also believe Zac did that intentionally because that's how he rolls. If zac told you he was too young to bet, it's just because he's a manipulative liar.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : We still have a bet right?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Sure, but let's not be so serious.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

pike
    calzone65
    UticaClub
    Rutland76
    lowelll
    Ft.Meade
    LadyLake
    Melnick
    WaldoBelfast
    BeaconHill
    NatickNed
    ChrisHouse
    Kbev
    pollyanna
    nuncirom
    pawsoxphil
    Dangerfeld
    pike2
    Your-Echo (one of my favorites)
    bambinobabe
    NHBALLFAN
    silversteinsox
    losmedialoco
    6k42lt913c
    clamshack

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : I don't understand the context of this response relative to my post; especially when you responded to me a couple of days ago with the phrase Yanquis heder , which was pretty funny I thought. You don't need to throw up a white flag for me. The point is, pike, in all likelyhood a lonely guy in his early 70s who manages at times to show his lighter side, has done some pretty egregious things here; the attempt to invade one's privacy in May 2011 makes practically everything else done by others pale in comparison.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

There was no attempt to invade anyone's privacy. It was screennames of Yankee fans who post here, showing that they post on other Sox forums. Screennames are not private.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is it time to start believing in Crawford? : Sure, but let's not be so serious.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]If I have to make a public apology for Denis Diderot, that's pretty serious. Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Wow someone tries to start a thread on "time to believe in Crawford" and we got the usual kim vs. Yankee rhetoric, and bellhorn_ injects race into the thread... this thread represents the mood of the forum indeed.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

I'm responding to posts. I didn't create the conversation. Get your facts straight.

Sections
Shortcuts