Is Ivan Nova the best young starter in the league?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Is Ivan Nova the best young starter in the league?

NYS-YOUR QUESTION WAS 'BEST YOUNG PITCHER IN THE LEAGUE', NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE OR ON THE DL. BUT HE'LL BE JUST FINE, THANKS FOR ASKING.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from davescout. Show davescout's posts

In Response to Re: Is Ivan Nova the best young starter in the league?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Ivan Nova the best young starter in the league? : Bucholz?  How is he doing?
    Posted by NYSTOMND2[/QUOTE]
    Why would a Yankee fan be posting in a Boston Forum ? The day i go posting in a Yankee forum is the day  that i need to really evaluate my life....Seriously don't you have better things to do with your time ? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSTOMND2. Show NYSTOMND2's posts

[QUOTE]NYS-YOUR QUESTION WAS 'BEST YOUNG PITCHER IN THE LEAGUE', NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE OR ON THE DL. BUT HE'LL BE JUST FINE, THANKS FOR ASKING.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

A lot of capitals in that response.  I didn't inquire into how Bucholz will be but how is he doing now, has he made a large contribution this season?  It was only a question, I am not up to date on the stats of the Red Sox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Don't know much about Ivan, but I am a big fan of ALDO...

LIFE IS JUST A FANTASY, CAN YOU LIVE THIS FANTASY LIFE?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSTOMND2. Show NYSTOMND2's posts

[QUOTE]actually NYST he has, from April 1 until June 16. and will again. CAPS LOCK
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Oh well that clears it all up Bucholz is an ace.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

i didnt say he was, but he may very well be one day NYST....never know with pitchers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSTOMND2. Show NYSTOMND2's posts

[QUOTE]i didnt say he was, but he may very well be one day NYST....never know with pitchers.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He may very well be a 3 or a 4 also, only time will tell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

NYST. you started a discussion on a sox site, after a yankee win and sox loss, in a form of a question that sounded more like a proclaimation, about a yankee pitcher. someone mentioned bucholtz, rightfully so IMO.  nova is a good young starter in the AL. Bucholtz has been for a few years. no one said he was an ace. relax

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Ivan Nova the best young starter in the league? : Why would a Yankee fan be posting in a Boston Forum ? The day i go posting in a Yankee forum is the day  that i need to really evaluate my life....Seriously don't you have better things to do with your time ? 
    Posted by davescout[/QUOTE]
    You're the person who likes his favorite book so much that he swears he'll never open another book.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Is Ivan Nova the best young starter in the league?:
    [QUOTE]7 2/3's 5 hits and 10K's, no walks iand he gets better with every start. Thoughts?
    Posted by NYSTOMND2[/QUOTE]

Nova looks like a pretty good pitcher and he beat the Sox early on, but our team couldn't hit a "beach ball" at the time.  He is 2 and 1 against the Rangers but the majority of his wins are against below or just above 500 teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiles-all-around. Show smiles-all-around's posts

Bucholz in his 6th season with the sox has won more than 7 games only once.  Nova in his rookie season has 10 wins with 2 months to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

WHIP is a much better indication of a pitcher's performance than ERA, and Nova's WHIP is higher than Burnett.  His minor-league numbers were never all that great either - my guess is he doesn't have much of a big-league future.

Sections
Shortcuts