Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile?

Fair or not, Ellsbury's got the fragile label now.  The biggest mistake this off-season was not selling high on him. 

Ditto on Lowrie. With Crawford on the mortage books, taking the 2 arby years and Ellsbury's career year and shopping him was about as obvious as increasing taxes on oil companies will increase gas prices.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile?:
    [QUOTE]Teilhardian started a similar thread earlier and I objected to it since he was a gloating Yankee fan and right away I was called a Piker and Kimer by the twosome of Examiner and J-Bay. Why is this thread any different? It's another thread started by a Mikey who happens to be in bed with with J-Bay and Examiner. Put all of this fraternity onto ignore or else you'll be their bait for the rest of the season.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]

Mainly cause you have attacked so many of us, the Red Sox fans on the forum. Not many seek your support on any matter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile?:
    [QUOTE]Ellsbury spent much of 2010 on the DL but managed to stay off of it and have a productive season in 2011 is he back to his 2010 form?
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Are you for real????   Do you even watch the freaking games???  Did you happen to see the freak play where Ells collided with the biggest, baddest LINEBACKER in the MLB, who happened to be playing third base for the Red Sox two years ago????  Only to be sent back in prematurely, where he STUPIDLY (I will admit) LAY OUT for a spectacular catch, further hurting a serious fracture.

THiS PLAY was similar!  A FREAK PLAY, where he was SHOWING SOME HEART, doing what he is supposed to do, which is to break up the double play, & gets landed on HARD, by a very large second baseman, while in a very precarious position!

If you're not even gonna watch these plays, why the f am I wasting my time?!?

Get a life!  Better yet, call somebody who cares....... Like your man Softone!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Do you girls ever tire of the she said she said BS.

YOU ladies need to grow a pair!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Too many of you sound like my 3rd graders!  Uhh uh!  She said blah blah first!

Shut the bloody hell up!!!

Do you people have any freaking clue how foolish you sound!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Mikey - have you ever had a dislocated shoulder? - I have -not fun at all and there is no type of conditioning one can do to prevent it.

Being a Yankee fan - root for all AL East teams to lose but never gloat on an injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Reading some of the responses, lets not forget some the posting that took place here after Joba was injured.

Schadenfreude. Injuries to key players an unfortunate part of the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

[QUOTE]Fair or not, Ellsbury's got the fragile label now.  The biggest mistake this off-season was not selling high on him. 
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

The only person that I can imagine labelling Ellsbury as "fragile" at this point is the asinine Mr. Hanky.  Over the past five years Ellsbury has:
    • played 145 games as a rookie
    • played 153 games
    • limited to 18 games after suffering broken ribs playing hard
    • played 158 games
    • injured playing hard in game 7, results tbc
    That is not fragile in the mind of an intelligent, unbiased person. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Fair or not, Ellsbury's got the fragile label now.  The biggest mistake this off-season was not selling high on him. 
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

This was my point, he had a great year last year but he's only had one and they could've gotten value for him.  Are there guys out there that could have taken that weight coming down on them and not gotten seriously hurt?  The answer is Yes and those guys aren't all huge either.  If Ellsbury gets healthy he can be productive but just look at his 2010 season he never fully recovered from his injuries that could be the case this season too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

I'm a lifelong Yankee fan, and, frankly, I don't like the smell of this thread.  Ells is among the many players who play hard and give 100%, and sometimes these guys get hurt.  I hope he is going to be OK, and, I really don't like the innuendo here that he is subpar, and, the glint of gloating under it all.

Players lay out and risk their bodies in Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey for sure, and sometimes they get injured.  None of them are 'fragile' otherwise they would never have gotten to the bigs in the first place.

Just wish Ells well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You know what? It's just a blip in the road, a temporary injury, same thing happened to Jeter earlier in his career, he lived.

What I don't get is all the moral outrage from a few of the same posters who gloated and yukked it up when Joba tore up his ankle about a month ago.

It went on for days, it was a festive mood.

Knowing full well that some others here would be offended by it, in kind of the same vein that they now experiencing with this thread about Ellsbury.

Ellsbury will live, not career threatening, but actually I think there is more of an outrage of what his temporary absence from the lineup means.

Yankees will have their share of injuries too, not how just a question of when.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Ellsbury has had two major injuries: The first when a third baseman who is built like a linebacker crashed into his ribs, breaking them; the second when a 200-pound second baseman landed on his shoulder, dislocating it.

There's a difference between being fragile and unlucky.

As for the rationale that we blew it by not dealing him this past off-season -- following one of the best years a Red Sox outfielder has ever had -- that's too nonsensical to digest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Ellsbury got injured colliding with a shortstop.  He is not fragile.

Joba Chamberlain is fragile.

And fat, and stupid...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]You know what? It's just a blip in the road, a temporary injury, same thing happened to Jeter earlier in his career, he lived. What I don't get is all the moral outrage from a few of the same posters who gloated and yukked it up when Joba tore up his ankle about a month ago. It went on for days, it was a festive mood. Knowing full well that some others here would be offended by it, in kind of the same vein that they now experiencing with this thread about Ellsbury. Ellsbury will live, not career threatening, but actually I think there is more of an outrage of what his temporary absence from the lineup means. Yankees will have their share of injuries too, not how just a question of when.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

You know why, TWM. Go to a yankee forum and you can gloat and yuck it up all you want. You all know what you're going to get when you come here. 

As far as Ellsbury's injury not being career threatening, it's too soon to say. It certainly could be, may effect his power. Time will tell. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury got injured colliding with a shortstop.  He is not fragile. Joba Chamberlain is fragile. And fat, and stupid...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

I agree about the Joba part, I have no use for Joba.  Should've dealt him when he had value.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]You know what? It's just a blip in the road, a temporary injury, same thing happened to Jeter earlier in his career, he lived. What I don't get is all the moral outrage from a few of the same posters who gloated and yukked it up when Joba tore up his ankle about a month ago. It went on for days, it was a festive mood. Knowing full well that some others here would be offended by it, in kind of the same vein that they now experiencing with this thread about Ellsbury. Ellsbury will live, not career threatening, but actually I think there is more of an outrage of what his temporary absence from the lineup means. Yankees will have their share of injuries too, not how just a question of when.

Good Post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : You know why, TWM. Go to a yankee forum and you can gloat and yuck it up all you want. You all know what you're going to get when you come here.  As far as Ellsbury's injury not being career threatening, it's too soon to say. It certainly could be, may effect his power. Time will tell. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't come here to gloat or mock, I respond to posts from Sox fans when I see blatant hypocrisy or when I feel my team or players are being attacked unfairly. I try to back up opinions with facts by the same token they can be changed with the same.

If the Sox win the WS in 2012 I will be the first one here to congratulate Sox fans.

Personally I have no use for steroid cheats if i had a vote for the hall none of them would get in and that includes Arod, there is no time heals all for me. But imo there are a few here who ignore the same issues in the Sox household when they talk about Arod.

I'm here, I've been here since 2003 and i have not changed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : I don't come here to gloat or mock, I respond to posts from Sox fans when I see blatant hypocrisy or when I feel my team or players are being attacked unfairly. I try to back up opnions with facts by the same token they can be changed with the same. If the Sox win the WS in 2012 I will be the first one here to congratulate Sox fans. Personally I have no use for steroid cheats if i had a vote for the hall none of them would get in and that includes Arod, there is no time heals all for me. But imo there are a few here who ignore the same issues in the Sox household when they talk about Arod. I'm here, I've been here since 2003 and i have not changed.
    You're not insinuating that some Sox fans here ignore the steroid usage of Manny and Big Papi while they helped the Sox win 2 championships, while they point the finger at A-Rod are you?  I can't believe that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury has had two major injuries: The first when a third baseman who is built like a linebacker crashed into his ribs, breaking them; the second when a 200-pound second baseman landed on his shoulder, dislocating it. There's a difference between being fragile and unlucky. As for the rationale that we blew it by not dealing him this past off-season -- following one of the best years a Red Sox outfielder has ever had -- that's too nonsensical to digest.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Lloyd, 

Great two points. I guess in some morons point of view when Ted William crashed I believe into the left field wall years ago and seriously injured his elbow he must have been fragile as well. As for trading Ells while he still has value, this is as moronic as it gets. Trade away the young future of your team. Some folks need to dip into the pool of common sense a get real. 

Hetchinspete.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Ellsbury got injured colliding with a shortstop.  He is not fragile. Joba Chamberlain is fragile. And fat, and stupid...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Fat and stupid? You wish you had his problems. Bright post.

Both were freak accidents, ironic that both native Americans, both good young ballplayers, both important to each team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : I don't come here to gloat or mock, I respond to posts from Sox fans when I see blatant hypocrisy or when I feel my team or players are being attacked unfairly. I try to back up opnions with facts by the same token they can be changed with the same. If the Sox win the WS in 2012 I will be the first one here to congratulate Sox fans. Personally I have no use for steroid cheats if i had a vote for the hall none of them would get in and that includes Arod, there is no time heals all for me. But imo there are a few here who ignore the same issues in the Sox household when they talk about Arod. I'm here, I've been here since 2003 and i have not changed.

I didn't mean you personally, TWM, just responding to "what I dont get". You all get it, just like we get you're here to keep RSN honest. Never going to happen, on either side. The bottom line is a Sox site will be anti yankee and visa versa. just the way it is and will always be. Dumbs down otherwise reasonably intelligent people.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...Trade away the young future of your team. Some folks need to dip into the pool of common sense a get real. 

His "future" here in Boston will likely end after next season.

Any decent trade offer should be considered. If we know we are going to lose Jacoby after 2013, the not trading him before then people need that "dip in the pool". I'd rather get a few nice players than a draft pick.

Assuming Ells will walk, the real question should be "when" not "if".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : I don't come here to gloat or mock, I respond to posts from Sox fans when I see blatant hypocrisy or when I feel my team or players are being attacked unfairly. I try to back up opinions with facts by the same token they can be changed with the same. If the Sox win the WS in 2012 I will be the first one here to congratulate Sox fans. Personally I have no use for steroid cheats if i had a vote for the hall none of them would get in and that includes Arod, there is no time heals all for me. But imo there are a few here who ignore the same issues in the Sox household when they talk about Arod. I'm here, I've been here since 2003 and i have not changed.

No you don't.

First of all, relling in enthusiasm and bias on any team-dedicated page anywhere on the internet is not only not difficult, it is also very stupid and fruitless.  You won't do it here just like any of the "reel it in "Sox fans who post on Yankee pages won't, either.

Second, I blatantly posted an unprovoked personal attack on Joba Chamberlain, yet in your stated role as Pinstripe Defender, you did nothing. No phone booth?

Third, there is not a single member of the Yankees who needs or wants your defense.  So at least you have that going for you...
    On the last page, I threw out a completely unprovok

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomasmtom. Show Thomasmtom's posts

Bottom Line is Ells will be missed. We can only hope for a complete recovery. Discussions of his trade value or pending free agency can wait until then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Camelwalk is a smart guy (this is my Pike impersonation).

Sections
Shortcuts