Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile?

These FRAGILE experts are the same ones that would argue that Cal Ripken should have sat because he hurt the team by playing everyday. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile?:
    [QUOTE]...Trade away the young future of your team. Some folks need to dip into the pool of common sense a get real.  His "future" here in Boston will likely end after next season. Any decent trade offer should be considered. If we know we are going to lose Jacoby after 2013, the not trading him before then people need that "dip in the pool". I'd rather get a few nice players than a draft pick. Assuming Ells will walk, the real question should be "when" not "if".
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I completely understand the logic of getting something as opposed to just letting him walk after 2013 but what the actual market is for Ells is highly speculative.  I really wonder how much a team is going to part with for what is now at most, 1 1/2 years of Ells, then a Boras negotiation.  It isn't like Ellsbury is exactly on the cheap for this year or next.  GIven his current and future price tags, it is very unlikely any team is going to part with equal MLB level talent for Ells at this point. 

Likely the best package the Sox could hope for would be a couple good prospects and maybe a middle of the road MLBer, so is that better than having Jake next year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]These FRAGILE experts are the same ones that would argue that Cal Ripken should have sat because he hurt the team by playing everyday. 
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

People sitting a keyboard calling a guy who just had his shoulder wrecked "fragile" are obviously super tough and super intelligent human beings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]Reading some of the responses, lets not forget some the posting that took place here after Joba was injured. Schadenfreude. Injuries to key players an unfortunate part of the game.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

so @#$@ what?  is this a NYY forum?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : This is exactly what I'm talking about. Fat and stupid? You wish you had his problems. Bright post. Both were freak accidents, ironic that both native Americans, both good young ballplayers, both important to each team.

get lost!   this is a RS Forum!!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : so @#$@ what?  is this a NYY forum?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

No, but does that mean logic and objectivity have no value here?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : No, but does that mean logic and objectivity have no value here?
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Strut your stuff

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : No, but does that mean logic and objectivity have no value here?
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

Who's looking for you tongue and cheek "logic and objectivity" ??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : No you don't. First of all, relling in enthusiasm and bias on any team-dedicated page anywhere on the internet is not only not difficult, it is also very stupid and fruitless.  You won't do it here just like any of the "reel it in "Sox fans who post on Yankee pages won't, either. Second, I blatantly posted an unprovoked personal attack on Joba Chamberlain, yet in your stated role as Pinstripe Defender, you did nothing. No phone booth? Third, there is not a single member of the Yankees who needs or wants your defense.  So at least you have that going for you... On the last page, I threw out a completely unprovok
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

No I don't do it because I chose no to.

You do whatever you like but the comments you made about Joba are dumb and it says more about you than it does him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : get lost!   this is a RS Forum!!!! 

This is the internet, then don't whine when the pendulum swings in the other direction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : Strut your stuff
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Summer Tour!!! Can't wait!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

Are theyanks winning today cameltoe?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Phil "Trade me to Anaheim" Hughes looks pretty fragile today.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Phil "Trade me to Anaheim" Hughes looks pretty fragile today.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look as good as the "has been" can't pitch in the ALE Kuroda from  yesterday, thats for sure.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : Doesn't look as good as the "has been" can't pitch in the ALE Kuroda from  yesterday, thats for sure.

So are you saying you have two starters who suck?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jacoby Ellsbury fragile? : So are you saying you have two starters who suck?

Better than having three.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ooooh nice one.  It will take me a bit to respond as its 1:34AM here and past my bedtime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]ooooh nice one.  It will take me a bit to respond as its 1:34AM here and past my bedtime.

Don't let the tarantulas and bedbugs bite.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Phil "Trade me to Anaheim" Hughes looks pretty fragile today.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

He just looks like he should have been traded when he had value, much like Ellsbury.

21. This post has been removed.