Is J.D entering his yearly streak?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Is J.D entering his yearly streak?

Two hits today and two very hard hit line drive outs.  Is he just teasing us, or about to go on his yearly streak?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: Is J.D entering his yearly streak?

Thanks for posting what I was thinking.  Until I opened up this thread I was unable to start discussion. 

I just posted my prediction, under the game day thread, that I believe JD will be hitting above .270 by the all-star break as I believe he is beginning his annual 30-day tear.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Is J.D entering his yearly streak?:
    Thanks for posting what I was thinking.  Until I opened up this thread I was unable to start discussion.  I just posted my prediction, under the game day thread, that I believe JD will be hitting above .270 by the al-lstar break as I believe he is beginning his annual 30-day tear.
    Posted by parhunter1

Sorry par didn't see it.  My bad

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

P.S. I edited a spelling mistake on my post, and now I am back to being unable to start a discussion or respond to a post.  Oh well, keeping me from being a nusance.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

It's sure starting to look that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Man, I hope so.  Nice to see him put the bat on some balls.

But really, that second hit was easily a double play ball if it didn' t go off the pitcher's foot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Man, I hope so.  Nice to see him put the bat on some balls. But really, that second hit was easily a double play ball if it didn' t go off the pitcher's foot.
    Posted by chuchos
    Kinda looked like it might have been a single up the middle to me. And his last two outs were on balls that he hit right on the screws.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Is J.D entering his yearly streak?:
    Two hits today and two very hard hit line drive outs.  Is he just teasing us, or about to go on his yearly streak?
    Posted by craze4sox

For me the best sign was he actually argued a strike call with the umpire.  Being a Born Again Chiristian, a.k.a. whack job, he usually calls upon Jesus to be his personal savior and do the talking for him.  I have almost never seen an ounce of emotion out of this clown and if he was drowing off the coast of Cape Cod and I was the only one available to save him, he'd be in a world of trouble.  His departure from the Red Sox cannot be soon enough to suit me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

let's hope so..... 30 days a year of decent performance for 14 million dollars...nice work if you can get it....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Yeah, I thought so too, Carnie, until I saw the replay and where the ss was playing.  He was shading way toward second.

Not taking anything away from Drew at all.  He did connect and he looked a little more focused at the plate.  All good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Doesn't JD usually jump in when they need him most -- when the team isn't hitting well? And don't tell me about April because everyone was still getting used to each other as a team, and, I believe, it was the issue for them in the beginning. I'm glad he has something for fans to be happy about. I just don't know when the hitting this season is going to slack off for a long stretch. :)

I'm sure fans are going to love him in the playoffs, no matter what happens now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The guy puts the ball in play for a change and all of the sudden he's a HOF candidate?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Puuhhhleeeassse!!...Drew packed it in weeks ago.  He's going to retire after this season so he's put it on auto pilot!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Frustrating aspect to Drew - he was the All-Star Game MVP in 2008.  He has run some decent numbers and he has been considered a steady - decent not flashy - right fielder.

Yet he is perceived as fragile and just doesn't get a lot of love.  The baseball writers disagree.

History will decide. Me?  He is overpaid for what he does, but what he does, when he does it, is adequate with flashes of brilliance (which don't come often enough). 

My own perception is that he never really wanted to play baseball, but someone years ago (and Theo was not the first)  just decided bribe him into it, by pulling a U-Haul full of Benjamins up to his house every month.  And Drew, his mother not raising a fool, decided to say yes.

Drew's heart is not in the game, in other words.  And one can only wonder what he could have accomplished if he really wanted to play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeee
    eeee
    ee
    e??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee eeee ee e?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?
    Posted by b126962
    You misspelled "maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"  There only 464 'e's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Leave it to Francona to sit him just when he might be striking hot.  DMac and Cameron are both worse than Drew against lefties when Drew is in a groove, IMO.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Nice night for JD tonight.  Pinch-hit walk, single and a good catch.  He looks better at the plate.  The timing of this thread could be very good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Leave it to Francona to sit him just when he might be striking hot.  DMac and Cameron are both worse than Drew against lefties when Drew is in a groove, IMO.
    Posted by parhunter1

Of course, no credit for Francona noticing how hot Drew is and getting him in the game the moment the lefty is out.

Drew's been struggling at the plate against Righties and Lefties, if he's starting to put it together against righties, let him get that notch of confidence before we pencil him in against lefties who he's statistically poor against throughout his career.

Sections
Shortcuts