Is Jed Lowrie a Hall of Famer?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Is Jed Lowrie a Hall of Famer?

Ok, he's already 27 and getting a late start, but maybe, just maybe, he's this latent phenom that's going to hover around .400 mark for a few seasons and be the talk of baseball and all of sports.  Of course, he may only hit around .350 batting left against righties, so this could be held against him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Re: Is Jed Lowrie a Hall of Famer?

Maybe Lowrie will hit around .268, which is his career BA. Of course he may end up hitting .500, so this can't be held against him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

1st or 2nd ballot? Undecided

If O for 33 his BA will be .250

Highest SS OPS .896  MiLB 2007

6th Highest OPS since All-Star break '10 (Thome, Bautista, Hamilton, Konerko, Cabrera)

Highest SS TAv since off DL 7/21 (Tulo 2nd (Coors adjusted))

4 errors at SS 319 chances (Scut 20 in 554)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

In Response to Re: Is Jed Lowrie a Hall of Famer?:
    [QUOTE]1st or 2nd ballot? Highest SS OPS .896  MiLB 2007 6th Highest OPS since All-Star break '10 (Thome, Bautista, Hamilton, Konerko, Cabrera) Highest SS TAv since off DL 7/21 (Tulo 2nd ( Coors adjusted)) 4 errors at SS 319 chances (Scut 20 in 554)
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Major Tom, great double entendre with  "Coors adjusted" whether that was intended or not, although I imagine in the UK you'd probably be drinking something else. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I have been known to wear beer goggles.  Coors Light would be considered non-alcoholic over here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

LMR - I think you are attempting to antagonize SoxPatsCelts88.

You are such a troll Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]LMR - I think you are attempting to antagonize SoxPatsCelts88. You are such a troll
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Well, since posters have filled up the front burner with negative hyperbolic posts about Wakefield, Lackey, Dice-K, and Crawford over the past few weeks, I decided to take things in the opposite direction.  Call it the "No Fork Zone" or Andrewmitch repellent. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]LMR - I think you are attempting to antagonize SoxPatsCelts88. You are such a troll
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]

Maybe or maybe not.....In his mind he may already be a Hall of Famer.  Salty is a Hall of Famer in his mind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anti-Beni. Show Anti-Beni's posts

Let's see - this is Lowrie's 4th season and he's 27.  If he could stay healthy and play every day, his best case scenario is a 17 year career as a below-average defensive SS with an OPS around .840.  With this team around him, he could finish his career with 5 rings.  Deserving of the HOF?  Absolutely not.  But practically identical to this guy ...  http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jeterde01.shtml

Posted by slomag

Aside from the small fact that Jeter had more hits in his first full season (183) than lowrie has in his whole career (142)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Lowie will need to get the starting SS job before the HOF. According to Tony Lee at NESN, he's still not the starting SS.

Lowrie needs to lose that goatie facial hair.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Let's see - this is Lowrie's 4th season and he's 27.  If he could stay healthy and play every day, his best case scenario is a 17 year career as a below-average defensive SS with an OPS around .840.  With this team around him, he could finish his career with 5 rings.  Deserving of the HOF?  Absolutely not.  But practically identical to this guy ...  http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/j/jeterde01.shtml
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

This does not surprise me. I see similarities between Salty & Johnny Bench as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I'm happy he's starting now and hitting. Scutero is still better defensively so SS may be platooned between them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Jed Lowrie a Hall of Famer? : Did Salty ever double Johnny Bench's OPS?  Is it too early to prepare a "Lowrie's Better" chant?
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

You've convinced me. And OJ's innocent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Funny had certain other posters started a thread like this, harness/pike would be calling them out as a troll or for attempting to incite the board.  Guess some play by separate rules.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I like reading the light hearted topics like this on the board.  As said above - way too much negative posting and very little positive things to say about the team. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Coors Light would be considered non-alcoholic over here. tom-uk
    -------------------------------------------------------

So true. lol