Is Josh just playing our FO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Is Josh just playing our FO?

Josh comes into the night knowing management would love to dump him.  Josh comes out injured after pitching two good innings and walking a run.  In my opinion Josh is like a "union worker" he knows how to play the game and is now making it very diffecult for the team to trade him. 

I can't wait to hear this latest injury and really can't wait until he and Lackey are off this team. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Is Josh just playing our FO?

Yes, crazed, he did this all part of his diabolical plan to put shame his career and aid an already bad reputation as a bad attitude pitcher....yes, all on purpose...clearly he faked his back injury to get out of a duel with Verlander...Wow, how did I not see it??? It's all so clear now. He wants to be traded so he fakes an injury so that the rest of the teams think he's damaged goods. It's almost sheer brilliance on Beckett's part. Well-played, Josh, well-played. Thank you, craze.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Good point, he seems pretty mad about the no chicken and beer in the clubhouse and wants out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It was an elaborate plan and it may have been done so he could get to the nearest Popeyes in time for it's Tuesday Special....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

he had kfc coupons that expired tonight

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Is Josh just playing our FO?:
    [QUOTE]Yes, crazed, he did this all part of his diabolical plan to put shame his career and aid an already bad reputation as a bad attitude pitcher....yes, all on purpose...clearly he faked his back injury to get out of a duel with Verlander...Wow, how did I not see it??? It's all so clear now. He wants to be traded so he fakes an injury so that the rest of the teams think he's damaged goods. It's almost sheer brilliance on Beckett's part. Well-played, Josh, well-played. Thank you, craze.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

DC,

Josh is a 10/5 guy and capable of anything in my opinion.  He and his buddy Lackey will be the two most interesting guys to watch before next season begins.  Both have huge egos, salaries and are self rightous individuals who blame injuries or anything they can for their own issues.

I have more respect for CC wanting to turn things around and help this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Josh just playing our FO? : DC, Josh is a 10/5 guy and capable of anything in my opinion.  He and his buddy Lackey will be the two most interesting guys to watch before next season begins.  Both have huge egos, salaries and are self rightous individuals who blame injuries or anything they can for their own issues. I have more respect for CC wanting to turn things around and help this team.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]
    After a bad game, Beckett typically takes all the blame. After one, he went out of his way to compliment Salty's pitch calling. While other people were using his "bad ankle" as an excuse for poor starts last September, Beckett himself said simply, 'I wasn't pitching good."
    Try to pay attention.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In Response to Is Josh just playing our FO?:
    [QUOTE]Josh comes into the night knowing management would love to dump him.  Josh comes out injured after pitching two good innings and walking a run.  In my opinion Josh is like a "union worker" he knows how to play the game and is now making it very diffecult for the team to trade him.  I can't wait to hear this latest injury and really can't wait until he and Lackey are off this team. 

I've head some wild nonsense recently, but this really takes the cake. Sure, he wants to get traded to Pittsbirgh---after the deadline!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]Josh comes into the night knowing management would love to dump him.  Josh comes out injured after pitching two good innings and walking a run.  In my opinion Josh is like a "union worker" he knows how to play the game and is now making it very diffecult for the team to trade him.  I can't wait to hear this latest injury and really can't wait until he and Lackey are off this team. 

U R a phockin' fool. And you better look out!....There's still witches living next door too, and ya know, I heard they were communists!......not to mention those spies who are, ME!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boboinfla. Show boboinfla's posts

Well, he is still with us and we are forced in supporting him. I really doubt he faked an injury. I try to believe he "tweaked" something in his back. This just shows that this talented ball player can't play through an injury. Justin Pedroia he is not. Real shame.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

In response to "Re: Is Josh just playing our FO?": [QUOTE] Well, he is still with us and we are forced in supporting him. I really doubt he faked an injury. I try to believe he "tweaked" something in his back. This just shows that this talented ball player can't play through an injury. Justin Pedroia he is not. Real shame. Posted by boboinfla[/QUOTE] I played with Justin Pedroia he is not that good !!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sundvl20. Show sundvl20's posts

the official word is it was a fat spasm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

The trading deadline was over before this happened.

He also has 10-5 rights and could veto a trade.

This is kind of an odd thread dude.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Put that fried chicken back in the frybaby before you post, it ain't fully cooked. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, crazed, he did this all part of his diabolical plan to put shame his career and aid an already bad reputation as a bad attitude pitcher....yes, all on purpose...clearly he faked his back injury to get out of a duel with Verlander...Wow, how did I not see it??? It's all so clear now. He wants to be traded so he fakes an injury so that the rest of the teams think he's damaged goods. It's almost sheer brilliance on Beckett's part. Well-played, Josh, well-played. Thank you, craze.

Kind of like mom and pop and Jerry's sneakers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

And he was clever enough to fake it after the trade deadline had passed, a very clever way to speed up a desire to be traded...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Is Josh just playing our FO?": I played with Justin Pedroia he is not that good !!!!
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]

Well, Justin Pedroia is certainly no Dustin Morneau, I think we can agree...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If Josh doesnt want to go to a team he doesnt have to, 10/5 rights...It was a wet damp night and hes has back issues before...This thread is the epitome of conspiracy theory...And a bad one at that...
    Come on craze, your better than this bro...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Beckett post game: tweaked his back, felt it pull, continued to get worse over the next half dozen pitches, couldnt throw a strike, called out the trainer. Been thru it before, not as bad as 2010 in NY. Doesnt expect it to be a big deal, back is stiff will re access tomorrow with the medical staff. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

This is Beckett's third physical issue this year.  After having one in September/11 and missing most of 2010.  I think it's fair to say he's getting a little scary in the durability department.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett post game: tweaked his back, felt it pull, continued to get worse over the next half dozen pitches, couldnt throw a strike, called out the trainer. Been thru it before, not as bad as 2010 in NY. Doesnt expect it to be a big deal, back is stiff will re access tomorrow with the medical staff. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He isn't faking the injury IMO. But he should have called the trainer after a pitch or two max, not after walking in a run and leaving the bases loaded. That is just a testament to his Texas Tough Guy stubborn nature, and it is for that reason and because he has let the team down this year that the fans booed him tonite. I can understand why they did what they did. If nearly any other player had to exit under those circumstances they would not have been treated that way by the fans. Beckett made his bed; now he has to sleep in it until his contract runs out. Its going to be a long long two and a half years for the Texas Tough Guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Does it matter how it unfolded? What matters is yet once again he could not step-up when most needed. The team needs to win win win and he cannot complete his 5 innings. We won anyway but not because of anything Josh delivered tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crazy-RedSox-Fan-1. Show Crazy-RedSox-Fan-1's posts

I used to like Josh but his attitude is getting worse. He didn't think there was anything wrong with him drinking beer and eating chickens in 2011. In the beggining of the season, he took a day off on his pitching day and went to play Golf. He is one of the biggest reason we're not in first or second place in the division. He is 5-10 this season. He threw a wild pitch in his last game and we lost it. Tonight, in the second inning he had bases loaded. If that's not bad enough already, he walked a run with bases loaded and before the Tigers scored any more runs, conveniently he gets injured. Is he loosing intentionally?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]I used to like Josh but his attitude is getting worse. He didn't think there was anything wrong with him drinking beer and eating chickens in 2011. In the beggining of the season, he took a day off on his pitching day and went to play Golf. He is one of the biggest reason we're not in first or second place in the division. He is 5-10 this season. He threw a wild pitch in his last game and we lost it. Tonight, in the second inning he had bases loaded. If that's not bad enough already, he walked a run with bases loaded and before the Tigers scored any more runs, conveniently he gets injured. Is he loosing intentionally?
    Posted by Crazy-RedSox-Fan-1[/QUOTE]
    No.
    Next question.