Is Lester a Choker?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Re: Is Lester a Choker?

In Response to Re: Is Lester a Choker?:
    [QUOTE]A choker is a necklace, or a Yankee player in the 2004 ALCS.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Good point. lol

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Maybe it was his last 4 starts before the playoffs was out of reach, but I know he lost 4 starts in a row when the Sox needed wins to try to make the playoffs.

He lost 4 in a row at the end of July/early August (hardly "choke" time of the season).

In those 4 losses he let up 3, 4, 4, and 2 ERs. Again, hardly "choke" numbers. After those 4, the Sox won 8 of the next 10.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The---Babe-1. Show --The---Babe-1's posts

[QUOTE]A choker is a necklace, or a Yankee player in the 2004 ALCS.

Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

So the red flops weren't the better team in '04....it was just a case of the Yankees choking?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Lester a Choker? : So the red flops weren't the better team in '04....it was just a case of the Yankees choking?
    Posted by --The---Babe-1[/QUOTE]

It takes a great team to force the other team to gag like that.Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

the only chokers in the 04 alcs

were the red sox

and they stopped choking after game 3 once the pressure was off

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]the only chokers in the 04 alcs were the red sox and they stopped choking after game 3 once the pressure was off
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

then didn't the yankees choke after game 3, once the pressure was on?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

I don't think either team did themselves proud in '04. For the Yanks to lose four, there was another melonhead squad who had to lose three out of the gate and then need things to break just right before getting swept completely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yikes...I think they look better on women.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I think it would look just right on UpJohn...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Lester may not be the horse that everyone has come to expect at the moment, but if I had to choose, I'll take him over Beckett any day as my #1 just simply because you never know when Beckett is going to pull up lame - you only know that it will most likely be when you most need him.  Lester will work through whatever is off and right his ship and will be there when the roll is called in October - one has to hope Beckett will be there too.  Admittedly when Josh is right - he is lights out - but how many "2010's" has he had?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I hear Sabathia wears one around his left ankle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think either team did themselves proud in '04. For the Yanks to lose four, there was another melonhead squad who had to lose three out of the gate and then need things to break just right before getting swept completely.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

If that logic helps you sleep at night, I guess.

Now, if the Yankees were the first team to rally from a 3-0 deficit, I'd be willing to bet you might somehow be more one-sided with how spread the shame around....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Lester a Choker? : Wow, now I'm a jerk and a clown because I started a thread you don't like?  And I don't have a "long line" of threads, as I don't start that many threads.  This is one of very few that I've started.
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you're a jerk, but this thread was started as a kneejerk reaction to a poor Lester outing after several mediocre ones.  It just means he's in a bit of a funk right now.  If you showed any perspective on the matter, you would find that all the top pitchers of the game go through these periods at some point.  If your standard is Sandy Koufax or Pedro Martinez in their primes, you will find that all the very good pitchers are bound to disappoint you at one time or another. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think either team did themselves proud in '04. For the Yanks to lose four, there was another melonhead squad who had to lose three out of the gate and then need things to break just right before getting swept completely.
    Posted by mfymfy[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

i think LESTER needs to go on the DL.
    4 bad starts in a row; he definitely must be injured somewhere.

Sections
Shortcuts