Is Lester going to be okay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Is Lester going to be okay?

He strained his latissimus in his left shoulder. I cannot find out how serious the injury, but i can only hope that it is nothing too bad. Does anyone know how bad this injury could end up being?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Re: Is Lester going to be okay?

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/
    i just found this. Hopefully he will be fine after the all star break.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Well if things go like they have usually been going for the Sox I would no.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Time to start prayer circle.

....and I'm only half kidding.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Abraham says he will go on DL today and be available after the all-star break--if this is a short-term latissimus problem, which have been known to linger for months.  The good news is that they took him out right away. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

What is it with these Sox players? Youk gets grazed on the shoulder and is out for a game and a half. Crawford pulls a hammy (or quad, not sure which one) and is out for a month. Still not sure what's wrong with Lowrie.
    Just seems like either we have incredibly bad luck or incredibly poor health.
    I know there are many players who play through injuries. Why don't the Sox?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Is Lester going to be okay?:
    [QUOTE]Well if things go like they have usually been going for the Sox I would no.
    Posted by PaulLaCourse[/QUOTE]

Agree that the Red Sox were very unlucky last season and it beginning to be a repeat this season.  We have to hope that the injuries to Bucholz and Lester don't last for more than a couple of weeks.  The Red Sox can't afford to lose another pitcher for an extended period of time. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Agree with Yasz - start the Novena.

Lots of injuries this season. Scary. Last year traumatized me. This year looks like Deja Vu All Over Again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Lester going to be okay? : Agree that the Red Sox were very unlucky last season and it beginning to be a repeat this season.  We have to hope that the injuries to Bucholz and Lester don't last for more than a couple of weeks.  The Red Sox can't afford to lose another pitcher for an extended period of time. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

there is nothing unlucky about sports injuries...any coach of any sport will tell you start training with fitness first...except our team in Florida goes to club med for a month and dont even condition...sickening

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenMonster1964. Show GreenMonster1964's posts

except our team in Florida goes to club med for a month and dont even condition...sickening
    ===================================================
    Come On....They were chipping golf balls "Closest to the Bag" Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from The---Babe---. Show The---Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]What is it with these Sox players? Youk gets grazed on the shoulder and is out for a game and a half. Crawford pulls a hammy (or quad, not sure which one) and is out for a month. Still not sure what's wrong with Lowrie. Just seems like either we have incredibly bad luck or incredibly poor health. I know there are many players who play through injuries. Why don't the Sox?

Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Because they are a bunch of prima donnas. Not enough dirt dawgs on this team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Lester going to be okay? : there is nothing unlucky about sports injuries...any coach of any sport will tell you start training with fitness first...except our team in Florida goes to club med for a month and dont even condition...sickening
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree that the Red Sox haven't been prepared the last two seasons.
    They have to be better prepared during spring training so they won't start the month of April like they have the last two seasons.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Is Lackey your #1 or #2 starter now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Who handles the fitness of the pitching staff? It is pathetic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Is Lackey your #1 or #2 starter now?
    Posted by johnnyboy9[/QUOTE]

SLACKEY'S more like a #2.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I don't know how well they prepared in the Spring, I was not there .... however it seems Tito is as willing to rest his best in May as he is in September. I have never seen a manager juggle a line-up the way he does.

Still unsure why last night he would not have just moved Ortiz into the 4 spot... rather than put up that goofy line-up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I would suspiciously attribute Lesters Back pain to having to bat in interleague play rather than poor conditioning. AL Pitchers train to do what they need to do, then you ask them to bat and they use muscles that they are not used in the same manner all year. Anyone who has ever swung a bat or even a golf club hard and missed knows you feel it in the lat muscles. Beckett hurt his back in a similar manner batting. Maybe I just hate interleague play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]I would suspiciously attribute Lesters Back pain to having to bat in interleague play rather than poor conditioning. AL Pitchers train to do what they need to do, then you ask them to bat and they use muscles that they are not used in the same manner all year. Anyone who has ever swung a bat or even a golf club hard and missed knows you feel it in the lat muscles. Beckett hurt his back in a similar manner batting. Maybe I just hate interleague play.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

I agree, that muscle is not one you normally strain throwing the ball ... but rather swinging the bat around.  

Doesn't sound as bad as a lower back problem.  But he will be out 2-3 weeks regradless. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The argument that they were unconditioned during ST is ludicrous.  All this does is try to ascribe a reason for an injury. 

Lester is in the best shape of his career. Last night was among his best starts in a Sox uni, and today people want to throw him under the bus?  Freaking sad.

Beckett dropped weight, as did Papi.  Ellsbury is among the greatest conditioned athletes in this game, but he missed last year due to injury.  No one here cried foul when he went out last season.

Youk's injury had nothing to do with conditioning.  He got hit in a tough spot.  Anyone who has ever played this game and been hit at all knows it is painful; try taking a 90 mph pitch anywhere near the head. And that was the 77th time he's been hit.  Nothing to do with conditioning.

Lackey is terrible whether he's in shape or not.  And for Yankee fans, take a good look at CC, then try to claim that Lester isn't conditioned.  Please.  CC is like Ruth; zero body, tons of athletic talent.  But conditioned, no.  Not even close.  And yet no one here claimed that he was injured because of conditioning. 
    Hasn't he been injured twice in the past three seasons? 

Or Joba.  Or Hughes. Or Marte.  Are they also in prime condition?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]I would suspiciously attribute Lesters Back pain to having to bat in interleague play rather than poor conditioning. AL Pitchers train to do what they need to do, then you ask them to bat and they use muscles that they are not used in the same manner all year. Anyone who has ever swung a bat or even a golf club hard and missed knows you feel it in the lat muscles. Beckett hurt his back in a similar manner batting. Maybe I just hate interleague play.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

Valid point about Lester possibly injuring himself while swinging the bat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

CC and Colon in street clothes would never be taken for atheletes, although Nathan's might want to use them in a few contests ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Im not sure which team you are watching..out of those only Ells looks fit...Lester and Beckett both need to lose about 10-15 pounds, Lackey and Wake 20 and Youk about 15

and

if you cant swing a bat 3 times in one game without straining something, then you my friend are not fit....i think NL fans would laugh at some of these remarks here

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Pitchers always look like they should lose some weight.....they have a tendancy to be thick from the waist down....helps them drive off the mound....alot of your best pitchers historically have looked overweight.

You can be a completely fit person and since no one excercise works every muscle whenever you do something that you do not do regularly you run the risk of tweaking or inflaming that unworked muscle.....swinging a bat uses different muscles than pitching....running....or lifting weights.....an NL pitcher who didnt take regular turns in the cage from Spring training on would just as likely injure himself batting.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

What's up with the Sox and all these injuries?  Same thing last year too.  I hope Lester will be ok.