Is Lester going to be okay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Re: Is Lester going to be okay?

In Response to Re: Is Lester going to be okay?:
    [QUOTE]Pitchers always look like they should lose some weight.....they have a tendancy to be thick from the waist down....helps them drive off the mound....alot of your best pitchers historically have looked overweight. You can be a completely fit person and since no one excercise works every muscle whenever you do something that you do not do regularly you run the risk of tweaking or inflaming that unworked muscle.....swinging a bat uses different muscles than pitching....running....or lifting weights.....an NL pitcher who didnt take regular turns in the cage from Spring training on would just as likely injure himself batting.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]
    are we talking hall of fame pitchers? because none come to mind. name 3 overweight HOF pitchers if you think there are many.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxNation4Ever. Show RedSoxNation4Ever's posts

Most Hall Of Fame Pitchers are overweight.  Of course most Hall of Fame Pitchers are now in their sixties and seventies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I didnt say they were overweight....I said many of them look like they could lose weight.....Tom Seaver is one that comes to mind....huge legs...big backside....Louis Tiant probably could have lost a few pounds.....Clemens also(not even counting his last few years with the Sox when he was fat).....my point was that they look like they could lose some weight but they really arent overweight as was stated by georom4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FIJISOXFAN. Show FIJISOXFAN's posts

This seems like a combination of bad luck vs Tito/Sox act like an over protective mother.  They get so nervous about bringing somebody back early, that they let them sit out a few extra days to the point they should of gone on the DL in the first place.  Clay is the one that scares me.  He seems like he might be out for months!

Sections
Shortcuts