Is Lester Hurt?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Is Lester Hurt?

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

They "hid" it until they knew what was wrong, then dl'd him. Lester has not been dl'd yet. There is no reason to say hes going Tuesday if there was something as drastic as Bailey going on. And if it was someting like "tightness in his lower back" they would say so. My gosh, theyve done that a hundred times. They didnt come out on Bailey because it was serious, and wanted to get it right before announcing it. Bottom line is, I dont trust Jon Lester healthy or injured, and wouldnt be too surprised if he gets rocked Tuesday even though hes in perfect health.

Yup, I doubt they'd be starting him Tuesday if something was seriously wrong.  There is nothing in his pitch count or his history to suggest something is wrong.  There is always a possibility that his arm just fell off, and they are covering it up until they make a trade, but someone is starting on sunday and on Tuesday.  It isn't like he's missing a start and it isn't like he came out of a game early.

My hypothesis is-

1-He has 125.2 IPs, while Dempster, Lackey, and Doubront are between 105-110.  Perhaps they would like to lessen the differential.

2-Perhaps they are starting to feel a bit more comfortable with their playoff expectations, and would prefer to see a slightly less worn-down Lester in October.

3-Perhaps they see the 2nd place Rays, 2.5 back, as being a bigger threat than the NYY, being 7 back.

4-Perhaps they decided a week ago that, if they beat the NYY in the first game of the series, they'd flip Dempster and Lester to face the more proximate threat.

Question-Does anyone see the NYY as a bigger threat than the Rays?  And, if not, does it not make more sense to start Lester v the Rays than the Yankees?

JB

This morning Rays are 1.5 back the Yankees 6.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Before the break the Red Sox made of point of setting up the rotation so that two lefties (Doubront and Lester) would pitch against the Yankees. Now Lester's start has been pushed back to Tuesday to give him more rest. Hmmmm. Has he not pitched in over a week? How much rest does he need?

He must have some kind of injury. Watch.

Maybe not to hurt his feelings facing CC..... Give him a teddybear and a suck suck and go sit with Baby Buch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Before the break the Red Sox made of point of setting up the rotation so that two lefties (Doubront and Lester) would pitch against the Yankees. Now Lester's start has been pushed back to Tuesday to give him more rest. Hmmmm. Has he not pitched in over a week? How much rest does he need?

Maybe not to hurt his feelings facing CC..... Give him a teddybear and a suck suck and go sit with Baby Buch.

another brilliant insight.Undecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Thank you for agreeing..... They should also take Vicky.Rino  and give him a suck suck..... Could you see these guys on the Bruins..... I can't play my sore neck , ican't play my hamstring, ican't play my feeling are hurt right now. When a guy on the bruins is trying to stop shots with a broken leg.....another player has crushed ribs, torn shoulder, another player has a ruptured spleen.. So Buch,Vicky, Lester, Do you feel like a real man... Time to change your diapers......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Thank you for agreeing..... They should also take Vicky.Rino  and give him a suck suck..... Could you see these guys on the Bruins..... I can't play my sore neck , ican't play my hamstring, ican't play my feeling are hurt right now. When a guy on the bruins is trying to stop shots with a broken leg.....another player has crushed ribs, torn shoulder, another player has a ruptured spleen.. So Buch,Vicky, Lester, Do you feel like a real man... Time to change your diapers......

Back to the meds dude.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

Back to the meds dude.

Hey DUDE!!!!.... Reality hurts.. Speaking of meds .. Maybe Dominican doctor was thier meds?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Back to the meds dude.

Hey DUDE!!!!.... Reality hurts.. Speaking of meds .. Maybe Dominican doctor was thier meds?

You know nothing about reality.  You mentioned Lester in your babbling whine.  Lester is #11 in game starts over the past 5.5 years, 4 GS behind the #2 guy, Felix.  You've become delusional.  And I assume from your rant about Lester, Victorino, and Buchholz, in connection with a Dominican doctor, I assume you think those three are Dominican?  I would suggest you get a few more hours sleep, maybe a little less sun.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So, how did we do flipping the SPs?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Is Lester Hurt?

Apparently, not

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Is Lester Hurt?

Apparently, not

And, not discounting the NYY, but who would you rather lester pitch big against?  TB or NY?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Well I guess Lester's not injured. He pitched pretty well tonight against a team that was 9-1 in their last 10. Hopefully he can keep pitching like he did tonight the rest of the way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

Is Lester Hurt?

Apparently, not

And, not discounting the NYY, but who would you rather lester pitch big against?  TB or NY?

EDT

• J-BAY
    • First: 4/8/2009
    • Last: 7/23/2013

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Let's hope we can hold on and win this one. The lesson to be learned is that Dempster is a lost cause. Money wasted. Do not continue with this mistake. We have several young pitchers who would be preferable. 13 million for this guy is a huge mistake. Don't compound it by continuing to count on him. He has nothing. Why he started this game instead of Lester is a mystery.  It now comes down to a battle of the bullpens. It should have been a laugher. We do not need to lose this game 

Stabbed by Foulke.

They wanted to give Lester more rest, according to Farrell. Also, with the yanks depleated lineup, he may have wanted Lester to pitch in the Rays series.  That was exactly my thought, too JB. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Apparently not.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So, how did we do flipping the SPs?

How is it possible for anyone to be as wrong as ADG as often as ADG?

Sections
Shortcuts