Is Ortiz losing his once prolofic "speed".

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Is Ortiz losing his once prolofic "speed".

Once speed demon on the base paths, I've noticed David Ortiz has zero triples this year after tearing up the paths with two last year. Is Ortiz slowing ?

Just wondering,

Hetch 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Is Ortiz losing his once prolofic

Hetch, that's it, he's done...great post. DFA him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Once speed demon on the base paths, I've noticed David Ortiz has zero triples this year after tearing up the paths with two last year. Is Ortiz slowing ?

Just wondering,

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed his HR trot has decelerated. No question; David's speed has gone south.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Just wondering,

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]GOOOOOD to hear from you, HETCH.....   Sounds like you are grasping the kundundrum known as "BIG PAPI"    This has been the year of the HOME RUN or the OUT.....  No good for him to get a base hit or a walk, as he just CLOGS the bases......  15MIL ????   Please spare me/us  !!!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just wondering,

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]This has been the year of the HOME RUN or the OUT.....  No good for him to get a base hit or a walk, as he just CLOGS the bases......  15MIL ????   Please spare me/us  !!!!!
    [/QUOTE]

Still clinging to this fiction. And you wonder why you are mocked and ridiculed so much. Nearly everyone of your posts simply show off your ignorance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to royf19's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just wondering,

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]This has been the year of the HOME RUN or the OUT.....  No good for him to get a base hit or a walk, as he just CLOGS the bases......  15MIL ????   Please spare me/us  !!!!!
    [/QUOTE]

Still clinging to this fiction. And you wonder why you are mocked and ridiculed so much. Nearly everyone of your posts simply show off your ignorance. 

[/QUOTE]

Bill is truly at the bottom of the barrel of Red Sox fans. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Of course his speed has dramatically reduced, but at this point, I absolutely don't want him going close to all out!

I would like to see better concentration on the bases at times.  Too many outs pushing for doubles.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Bill, 

If I had known that my attempt at a bit of humor would be met with a response such as yours I would never have posted, but I would guess certain things are not predictable. 

As guilty as you say Ortiz is guilty of clogging the base paths you are equally as guilty of clogging reading space on this site.

Ortiz production in some areas, overall average, OBP and slugging are down but much of it could be because he is pressing harder trying to make up for a pretty unproductive lineup that surrounds him.  

Hetch   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just wondering,

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]GOOOOOD to hear from you, HETCH.....   Sounds like you are grasping the kundundrum known as "BIG PAPI"    This has been the year of the HOME RUN or the OUT.....  No good for him to get a base hit or a walk, as he just CLOGS the bases......  15MIL ????   Please spare me/us  !!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Just wondering what you baited this trap with hetch? Or did he just jump into the idiocy pit feet first?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Just wondering,

Hetch 

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed his HR trot has decelerated. No question; David's speed has gone south.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

He still has a great arc on his HR bat flip, though   :o)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Just wondering what you baited this trap with hetch? Or did he just jump into the idiocy pit feet first?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Bill jumped in all on his own so I don't feel the need to take any credit here !!

Hetch 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bogie, 4B's, kingface please try to be more civil in your responses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You have to admit though......my description of Bill was spot on....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I thought a few weeks ago we decided "wild west"????

other names i have posted under:  none

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

I believe Papi's speed is in direct ratio to the Sox division standings:) 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

One can only imagine where the SOX would be this year w/o Ortiz.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscar41. Show oscar41's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One can only imagine where the SOX would be this year w/o Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

Ignoring the recent acquisition of Cespedes, the numbers are downright scary!

papi 91 rbis. 

Dustin 45 rbis,  is the next best of the regulars!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Hey all...BosoxJoe has been blocking posts that attack a targeted poster. We are not going to do that any more on this forum. So far Bogey, Kingface, and TheFourB's each have one warning. Two more and you will get a vacation. If you disagree with Bill's content then disagree with it; or ignore it. However, personal attacks on Bill or anyone else who is targeted here are not going to be tolerated.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Ortiz is slow there is no doubt about that.  In the good old days when he hit home run after home run speed didn't matter but now it does.  I believe that if another player were as slow as ortiz there would more people complaining about clogged bases.  Sometimes it's downright painful to see him run the bases LOL!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ortiz is slow there is no doubt about that.  In the good old days when he hit home run after home run speed didn't matter but now it does.  I believe that if another player were as slow as ortiz there would more people complaining about clogged bases.  Sometimes it's downright painful to see him run the bases LOL!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]
    who are the burners behind him that are on base being clogged by him>?

give me one example of ortiz "clogging" the bases.....

storm in a teacup.  that's all you guys are doing and all you ever do when it comes to Ortiz.

other names i have posted under:  none

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

What a ridiculous premise!  Papi "clogging the bases" is SO FAR DOWN on the list of concerns that the RS face, that it is laughable to bring it up as a thread unto itself.  Here I was convinced that Billy

as obviously being provocative & ironic, but it turns out some are actually concerned about it!?!??   LOL!!!! 

Nobody with half a brain wants Papi tearing up the bases!  If it's a ground ball, I want him to run it out, but with caution. Of course he no longer has the good speed for a big man he used to have, but when on base with hitting behind him, I have never seen him dog it on any type of close play!  To the contrary, I have seen him push for extra bases with hits to the OF, all too often on close plays where he should have pulled up.  These base running mistakes are actual problems, & are a concern  team wide.

But!  For those who are serious about being concerned about his "lack of speed, or clogging the bases?"    LOL!!!!   You're kidding, RIGHT???

Sections
Shortcuts