Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??:
    Aw, has there ever been an athlete that hasn't open mouth - insert foot?  A few rare ones, perhaps.... It's just lip service.  Dudes say that when they come to Boston (or Texas or Detroit or New York or Kansas City....well, maybe not Kansas City...).  I don't expect him to say "it's too bad Philly fans aren't as bright as Boston fans"... It would be like telling your current girlfriend that your ex girlfriend was hotter than she is...
    Posted by Yoshimi25
    and you better already have a dental appoinment scheduled for that week...Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Doing great.  Spacebaby is exploding.  Knows her ABCs and numbers to 20.  I can't keep up.  I can tell she is smarter than me. Getting psyched for my spring training junket in two weeks.  should be pretty exciting what with the comp for starter positions and also just to see Iggy play a little short before he hits Pawtucket.  starting in your neck o the woods to catch the sox vs. marlins then driving over to the gulf side for a coupel games and try to scalp something at jet blue.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

just a suggestion space. Check before or when you're there for tickets. I suspect they do in ST what they do during the regular season. Hold back tickets for family, friends. employees etc. If not used, they sell them

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : He isn't one of our own now, he left for more money.  That's reason enough to take pot shots at him.
    Posted by 67redsox

Fair enough.

This is not a knock to the nation, but I always found it strange how they can't let a player go, for better or for worse. The many pedro, manny, bay, nomar and now paps threads.

After a player leaves the Yanks I don't have hatred for him, nor do I sit and pine for them either. I just find it to be a strange trait of many of the nation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

It is just Paps being Paps, and I totally agree that the showering of thunderous Boos coming from the Philly Faithful once he hits the bad patch he always does blowing some important saves will bring him down to reality.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : just asiggestion space. call before or when you're there for tickets. I suspect they do in ST what they do during the regular season. Hold back tickets for family, friends. employees etc. if not used, they sell them
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah, thats the plan.  we'll see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : lol..that's not a team ill...though that was wrong of me...i look forward to a possible grandchild/children..
    Posted by jete02fan

Just giving you a hard time jete!  You can call me granny if you want.  I waited a long time for this, my son is 31.  I remember back in he day my husband called me a fox, those days are long gone.Cry

Time has a way of slip sliding away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Fair enough. This is not a knock to the nation, but I always found it strange how they can't let a player go, for better or for worse. The many pedro, manny, bay, nomar and now paps threads. After a player leaves the Yanks I don't have hatred for him, nor do I sit and pine for them either. I just find it to be a strange trait of many of the nation.
    Posted by TBINFL

Interesting point. Maybe it is because fans invest so much into the players that when they leave because of greed the fans feel betrayed.  Maybe not, just a thought.

I don't hate or pine for those you listed but for one exception, manny.

I was at fenway when he refused to lift the bat of his shoulder when facing a yank pitcher.  The fans were 100% behind him, cheering their fool heads off.  He rewarded that loyalty by giving up on his team and them.  No excuse for that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Doing great.  Spacebaby is exploding.  Knows her ABCs and numbers to 20.  I can't keep up.  I can tell she is smarter than me. Getting psyched for my spring training junket in two weeks.  should be pretty exciting what with the comp for starter positions and also just to see Iggy play a little short before he hits Pawtucket.  starting in your neck o the woods to catch the sox vs. marlins then driving over to the gulf side for a coupel games and try to scalp something at jet blue.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I'm about an hour and change south from the marlins ST. You will pass by my town in order to get to Alligator Alley to get to the gulf side. Would be really cool to meet for happy hour or something. I'll even bring you to the Village Pump, the sawx bar in my neighborhood. Tongue Out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : I'm about an hour and change south from the marlins ST. You will pass by my town in order to get to Alligator Alley to get to the gulf side. Would be really cool to meet for happy hour or something. I'll even bring you to the Village Pump, the sawx bar in my neighborhood. 
    Posted by TBINFL

Me and my pop.  Yeah, if schedule permits that would be cool.  Do you behave at the sox bar like you do here?  Tongue Out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It's all good. That autographed prosthetic leg sold on e-bay for quite a bit. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the only big diff between boston and philly fans is the accent...they are meaner, we are more hysterical....but the one that counts for paps is somebody opened their vault for him (philly) and someone didnt (boston)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Me and my pop.  Yeah, if schedule permits that would be cool.  Do you behave at the sox bar like you do here?  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Absolutely!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Fair enough. This is not a knock to the nation, but I always found it strange how they can't let a player go, for better or for worse. The many pedro, manny, bay, nomar and now paps threads. After a player leaves the Yanks I don't have hatred for him, nor do I sit and pine for them either. I just find it to be a strange trait of many of the nation.
    Posted by TBINFL

Is everyone playing dumb for troll Babe? This thread was started by Jete - not a member of RSN. Wake up or Babe will have you eating out of his TROLL DISH. Once again the admitted troll returns and is met with hugs and kisses. Meanwhile Smiley returns and forum members run to insult him. I think Kim is correct, it is a Red Sox forum dominated by closet Yankee fans.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Just giving you a hard time jete!  You can call me granny if you want.  I waited a long time for this, my son is 31.  I remember back in he day my husband called me a fox, those days are long gone. Time has a way of slip sliding away.
    Posted by 67redsox

I read your posts 67, you're still a fox.  ;-)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Posted by TBINFL

I'll go on record...I have no problem with Papelbon and I think these comments are harmless.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Is everyone playing dumb for troll Babe? This thread was started by Jete - not a member of RSN. Wake up or Babe will have you eating out of his TROLL DISH. Once again the admitted troll returns and is met with hugs and kisses. Meanwhile Smiley returns and forum members run to insult him. I think Kim is correct, it is a Red Sox forum dominated by closet Yankee fans.
    Posted by lowelll

Nothing closet about Jete, Babe, Zac, Jessey.  Pretty much out in the open with their Yankee love.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Thread was started by Jete a Yankee fan and Babe is blaming RSN for not being able to let a player go without bashing him. FUNNY. A TROLL once again being a Pied Piper here. Guess it is easy to fool most of these people all of the time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Thread was started by Jete a Yankee fan and Babe is blaming RSN for not being able to let a player go without bashing him. FUNNY. A TROLL once again being a Pied Piper here. Guess it is easy to fool most of these people all of the time.
    Posted by lowelll

Nope.  Most of the people just don't care about the things you seem to care so passionately about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Is everyone playing dumb for troll Babe? This thread was started by Jete - not a member of RSN. Wake up or Babe will have you eating out of his TROLL DISH. Once again the admitted troll returns and is met with hugs and kisses. Meanwhile Smiley returns and forum members run to insult him. I think Kim is correct, it is a Red Sox forum dominated by closet Yankee fans.
    Posted by lowelll

pike, quit whining, this is a story that wouldve been posted by 30 diff posters....who cares who started it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Nope.  Most of the people just don't care about the things you seem to care so passionately about.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Babe made the claim that the thread was started by disloyal Red Sox fans and I corrected him. Isn't that worth caring about? It was inaccurate, disingenuous, and self-serving. You don't care to have a Yankee fan / troll make a claim that is wrong?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : pike, quit whining, this is a story that wouldve been posted by 30 diff posters....who cares who started it?
    Posted by georom4

Then why attack Smiley Beni for starting his thread? A troll who has been banned over 200 times gets a free pass while Beni gets wrongly banned once gets the scorn of most posters on a RSN forum? Isn't something wrong here? Is Kim right about which fandom controls this forum.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Babe made the claim that the thread was started by disloyal Red Sox fans and I corrected him. Isn't that worth caring about? It was inaccurate, disingenuous, and self-serving. You don't care to have a Yankee fan / troll make a claim that is wrong?
    Posted by lowelll

No, I don't care in the slightest.  I'll give you a good tip for remaining happy on an open internet forum:  If somebody says something disingenuous, annoying, combative, mean, lame, etc:  you can just ignore that person/statement/post/thread.  It is a sysiphean task to try and regulate it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Funny how he knows how fans come to the game.

Considering he hasn't pitched IN Philly yet.

Hubris, he's on a new team, he's saying what he should say, but it's totally baseless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : No, I don't care in the slightest.  I'll give you a good tip for remaining happy on an open internet forum:  If somebody says something disingenuous, annoying, combative, mean, lame, etc:  you can just ignore that person/statement/post/thread.  It is a sysiphean task to try and regulate it.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

What qualities has this idiot / troll exhibited to you on this forum that makes you :

Think about visiting him on your Florida trip

Welcome him back after a four month absence

Forgive his act which upsets many forum fans

Ignore his being banned over 200 times - are the moderators wrong and you are right?

Maybe you know him personally and he is a completely different person but why do you condone, endorse, and applaud a behavior that the moderators detest and many forum posters ( present and departed) disliked.

Are you really a Red Sox fan or just here for kicks? Man up to it so that we can all dismiss the charade.

Is anything at all ever disingenuous, annoying, combative, mean, lame to you on the forum. If everything is acceptable then NOTHING IS CREDIBLE. IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND?

Sections
Shortcuts