Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??

Never liked the cat, Mister Me.  Last two times we saw him with the lead and something big on the line, Game 3 playoff game against the Angels 2009 and the last game of the year in 2011 to make the playoffs, he went down in flames and took the team with him.  Good riddance is what I say.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??:
    [QUOTE]Never liked the cat, Mister Me.  Last two times we saw him with the lead and something big on the line, Game 3 playoff game against the Angels 2009 and the last game of the year in 2011 to make the playoffs, he went down in flames and took the team with him.  Good riddance is what I say.
    Posted by soxnewme]

excellent point - i didnt want to be too catty but i think sox fans are smart enough to know what a blown save is in a big game....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

I just got back here today after a long absence.  I spent a few minutes reading the Religion thread and couldn't believe the degree of anti-Semitism there. It turned my stomach and then I read the thread that considered Braun ( Jewish)  to be guilty without any deep thought process. I knew that New England was once racist and full of hatred to non-Catholics but this is too much. I left the forum several years ago because of several posters who were bigoted and it looks like the problem is much worse now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tn0213. Show tn0213's posts

I have always found Paps quotes entertaining and this is no different.....he obviously has no idea how the phila fans can be....a few blown saves and he will think they are completely uninformed imbeciles

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Another thread started by a Yankee fan intent on bugging us.  Nothng new here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

How does someone find loyalty with a team he never played for? Certainly loyalty takes time not money.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

LOL...just wait til he blows two or three saves, he'll find out just how knowledgable Phily phans are. He's just sucking up to his new team, and showing his true colors all the while. This is what he REALLY thought about us all along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : [QUOTE]Never liked the cat, Mister Me.  Last two times we saw him with the lead and something big on the line, Game 3 playoff game against the Angels 2009 and the last game of the year in 2011 to make the playoffs, he went down in flames and took the team with him.  Good riddance is what I say. Posted by soxnewme] excellent point - i didnt want to be too catty but i think sox fans are smart enough to know what a blown save is in a big game....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

In a stunning, almost impossible performance, in his first 17 playoff appearances, his ERA was 0.00.  26 scoreless innings to start his playoff career.  Some people prefer to remember the 18th game.

Maybe that's why he calls some RS fans hysterical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : I read your posts 67, you're still a fox.  ;-)
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

LOL, now your my best friendWink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Thread was started by Jete a Yankee fan and Babe is blaming RSN for not being able to let a player go without bashing him. FUNNY. A TROLL once again being a Pied Piper here. Guess it is easy to fool most of these people all of the time.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

They arn't trolls, you don't know what a troll is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

this from a guy past his prime with one pitch... good riddance!

CHOKELBON! HA HA  HA, GOODBYE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Hey Kimmi, nice to see you too.  I think it remains to be seen whether they were smart or not. He did hold up pretty well in his years in beantowne. Not everyone is cut out for it. Let's see how bailey handles it and also if he can stay healthy.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Yes, he did hold up pretty well in Boston, and yes, it does remain to be seen how well he will do over the length of his contract, and how well Bailey, Melancon, or whoever does over the same time period.

That said, a contract like that for a relief pitcher is almost never a good idea.  The Sox got 2 pitchers, who should provide about the same production as Paps, for a fraction of the cost.

I love Papelbon and hated to see him go, but I'm glad the Sox didn't give him that kind of deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

Thread was started by a Yankee fan named Jeter. Why does Babe think that it was started by a Red Sox fan? I don't get it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Another thread started by a Yankee fan intent on bugging us.  Nothng new here.
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]Meade, i authored this thread with no intent whatsoever to bug Sox fans, i was on ESPN checking Big East tourney scores and came across the Paps article, and having been a prominent piece of the Sox bullpen i just thought it odd he would put that out there especially with me(and no doubt a very vast amount of Sox fans (i'm sure) knowing how Philly fans are...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortMeade. Show FortMeade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Meade, i authored this thread with no intent whatsoever to bug Sox fans, i was on ESPN checking Big East tourney scores and came across the Paps article, and having been a prominent piece of the Sox bullpen i just thought it odd he would put that out there especially with me(and no doubt a very vast amount of Sox fans (i'm sure) knowing how Philly fans are...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

The problem that I raised was that your good friend named Babe / TBHSTN used your OP / thread as an example of RSN trashing their departing players. He does this repeatedly and apparently has the blessing of Spaceman, JesseyEric, J-Bay, Examiner, Mikey, and the rest of the Yankee fraternity on this forum. The thread was NOT started by a RSN fan as portrayed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : The problem that I raised was that your good friend named Babe / TBHSTN used your OP / thread as an example of RSN trashing their departing players. He does this repeatedly and apparently has the blessing of Spaceman, JesseyEric, J-Bay, Examiner, Mikey, and the rest of the Yankee fraternity on this forum. The thread was NOT started by a RSN fan as portrayed. Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE] "Yankee fraternity." LOL How many times on this forum have I consecrated my white hot hatred of the New York Yankees? Pike, I think most of the time you just jabber and drivel to hear your own voice. Shoot, I hated NYY before I even started following the Sox. I will admit though, that I would probably pull for them if they played the ST. Louis Cardinals in the WS. As much as I hate NYY, I hate the Cardinals more. (i have personal reasons, dont ask) That, and situations like last year against TB are the only times I would pull for NYY. But then again, you know that. Youre just tryin to stir crap as usual.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : In a stunning, almost impossible performance, in his first 17 playoff appearances, his ERA was 0.00.   26 scoreless innings to start his playoff career.  Some people prefer to remember the 18th game. Maybe that's why he calls some RS fans hysterical.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

The present, the most recent performances, are what count most, all the other stuff is once upon a time.  Glad we got his best, but the last few years at crunch time we got the worst.  Maybe he'll rebound w/the Phils, maybe not; you know he'll put up better than decent to excellent season stats, we'll see how he does when it matters most once again; but no way he's worth the dough they threw at him regardless, glad we weren't a player for his continued services.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : They arn't trolls, you don't know what a troll is. Posted by 67redsox[/QUOTE] Wrong. Pike knows only too well what a troll is, he holds sway over his little troll kingdom, and the simple trolls that call him "King Lowelll". He rules over them all from a little miniature castle he calls Ft. Meade (so small his head sticks out over the parapets) made of empty Utica Club cans and bull dung.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??": [QUOTE]Goodness, his comment are benign. Which is more than can be said for bigoted Boston, which regularly characterized him as a backwoods stupid redneck. Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE] That's open to interpretation wouldn't you say? Why say anything like that AT ALL? Why not just say "I had a great time in Boston, but I felt like it was time for me to move on"? See? No way around that. He said it because he didn't like the criticism he got for blowing some of the biggest games toward the end. This is where it gets funny. Tito himself said that the fans in Philly are SO MUCH WORSE than in Boston. Pap is in for a rude surprise if he starts slipping.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 018429357. Show 018429357's posts

In Response to Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??:
    [QUOTE]or is this a pot stir from espn.com??....... Jonathan Papelbon compares fans Updated: March 8, 2012, 3:08 PM ET ESPNBoston.com Former Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon took a shot at the Fenway faithful Thursday, telling a Philadelphia radio station that Phillies fans "tend to know the game a little better" than fans in Boston, who he said were "a little bit more hysterical when it comes to the game of baseball." Papelbon, who signed with the Philadelphia Phillies as a free agent after spending six seasons as the best closer in Boston history, made the comments to a CBS radio station in Philadelphia when asked to compare the fans in the two cities. "It's a religion (in Boston). It's a way of life," Papelbon said on 94WIP's "Angelo Cataldi and The Morning Team." "(Fans) come to the field and they expect certain things out of players. ... It's an environment where you put up or shut up. I enjoyed that. That's what got my motor running every day. ... I've had a guy take off his prosthetic leg and throw it in the bullpen in Boston and want me to sign it." Papelbon continued: "The Philly fans tend to know the game a little better, being in the National League, you know, the way the game is played." Papelbon also said he had expected the Red Sox to be more aggressive in pursuing him in the offseason. The Phillies signed him early in free agency, locking him up with a four-year, $50 million deal. "It was a situation where the Red Sox didn't really come at me the way I was expecting them to come at me in the offseason," Papelbon said during the radio interview. "And I told my agent that the first team that shows me interest and shows me loyalty, I'm going to show that right back to them, and that was Philadelphia." Dropkick Murphys' front man Ken Casey caused a bit of a stir earlier in the week when he said Papelbon, whom he calls a friend, couldn't come out of the Phillies' bullpen to "Shipping Up To Boston," the popular Dropkick tune Papelbon used for years with the Red Sox. Papelbon on Thursday would not reveal his new entrance song, but did say it wasn't by the Dropkick Murphys.
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 018429357. Show 018429357's posts

Fun stuff when he has not played a game in front of any fans in Philly that i know of? Did the season start alreday?
    Steve

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

How is saying that the Philly fans are a LITTLE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE about the game because the NL plays small ball taking a shot at Red Sox fans?  And Red Sox fans do get hysterical.

I liked the part about how a fan once threw a prosthetic leg in the bullpen. 

He said he enjoyed playing here.  And I understand Casey was joking, but in any event, it makes no sense for him to come out of the BP to "coming up to Boston".  It's funny how the writers with an ax to grind can go crazy once a player is out the door.

Yeah, Pap may not be the brightest bulb, but even if he falls flat on his face, he still gets $50 million over the next 4 years.  With that kind of money, he can pay people to think for him and still have enough to last him a lifetime.

And from the photos of his crib in the Back Bay, the guy's no country bumpkin.

He was great while he was here but hopefully we won't miss him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how he was the greatest thing since sliced bread but now he's the worst thing on the planet.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Hmm... never heard Sox fans say he was the greatest thing since sliced bread in recent years, and I've yet to see a post calling him the worst thing on the planet.

But if making up untrue extremes supports some sort of statement, well, nice job.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Papelbon is exactly right but he probably based that remark based on listening to Boston radio with Felger, Mazz, and the crew at WEEI, and might have read this forum. It's a well known fact that New Englanders because of their Pilgrim / Puritan heritage are the most somber, pessimistic, self-punishing population in the USA. Papelbon hits the nail on the head. Yankee fans such as J-Bay, Zac, Examiner, Jeter, Babe, and JesseyEric come here and laugh at us for being so predictably morbid. Philly fans by default have to be better fans.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

Do you people have any reading comprehension skills at all?

He said Philly had more "knowledgeable fans."  Do you think there's anyone, even in Philly, who thinks this?  He did not say "better fans."

What happened to the excellent school systems Boston used to have?