Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : I'm just pointing out that most never said anything bad about him but now do. It's not like the ball got eaten yesterday. He didn't get dumber since the fall.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Do you even pay attention?  Paps has been called dumb by Boston fans in his best days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Fair enough. This is not a knock to the nation, but I always found it strange how they can't let a player go, for better or for worse. The many pedro, manny, bay, nomar and now paps threads. After a player leaves the Yanks I don't have hatred for him, nor do I sit and pine for them either. I just find it to be a strange trait of many of the nation.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it, I didnt realize you were a Yankee fan. Some of your other comments are more understandable; you really don't know better.

Actually, Pap's comments today started the same conversation here. People outside of New England accuse Boston fans of hating their former players like you did.  But in every instance: Pedro going straight to the Yanks begging for a contract, manny forcing his trade out of town with reprehensible behavior, (this one is completely wrong- Sox fans don't hate Bay/never did), Nomar was a cancer on the team and dumping him won a WS, plus all his nasty talk after leaving... you forgot Damon, whose transgressions go without saying...  and now Paps... ALL of these instances, the players DID ACTUALLY do things that made Sox fans dislike them, for good reason.

NONE of these cases were some evil owners smear campaign.  Ive never understood how people make these criticisms of Sox fans re: former players... these guys all asked for it.

Sox fans love ex-players who left... Evans, Lowe, Dave Roberts, etc.  They hate the guys who acted like jerks heading out the door or afterwards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Hmm... never heard Sox fans say he was the greatest thing since sliced bread in recent years, and I've yet to see a post calling him the worst thing on the planet. But if making up untrue extremes supports some sort of statement, well, nice job.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Pap had 3 blown saves last year, unfortunately 2 of those blown saves were in September.  He had an era of 0.00 in August, meaning that without his performance in August, the Red Sox aren't in contention in September.

Pap had an amazing year last season.  It's too bad the Sox couldn't take advantage of it. 

Imagine if the Sox had picked up a good pitcher - not great, but good - when Dice-K went down last year.  Imagine if they weren't forced to send Wakefield out for 25 (or so) starts and instead had a guy with an era of 3.75.  Sox win the WS. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Hey babe!  Whats good?  (Uh oh, I feel a Pike attack coming)
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Do you ever feel a Babe attack coming when you make a positive Red Sox post? Or any other Yankee fan for that matter? No, of course not. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Is everyone playing dumb for troll Babe? This thread was started by Jete - not a member of RSN. Wake up or Babe will have you eating out of his TROLL DISH. Once again the admitted troll returns and is met with hugs and kisses. Meanwhile Smiley returns and forum members run to insult him. I think Kim is correct, it is a Red Sox forum dominated by closet Yankee fans.
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

No. I said this forum is dominated by Yankee fans outright. Their aliases just add to it. And I also don't understand the love for Babe around here. Again, Sox fans wouldn't have to deal with guys like Babe who come here for fun to go after Sox fans if his friends didn't support him here. And, yes, they do consider Beni a troll. You have to laugh at the hypocricy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Jete,

I think Paps is doing what anyone would do going to another team. He's gone, and he could have said worse. He's just trying to make a clean break, and let the fans know he's with them. I don't see a problem with it.

And anyone who believes he left for money, I believe him when he said he was looking for loyalty. The Sox have been known to let players go without a fight. I don't think that's his style when looking for a team. The Phillies stepped up, and he appreciated that. I hope we don't regret that decision.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]Thread was started by a Yankee fan named Jeter. Why does Babe think that it was started by a Red Sox fan? I don't get it?
    Posted by FortMeade[/QUOTE]

You really are a dimwit, pike.

Exactly where did I state that it was started by a sawx fan?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : No. I said this forum is dominated by Yankee fans outright. Their aliases just add to it. And I also don't understand the love for Babe around here. Again, Sox fans wouldn't have to deal with guys like Babe who come here for fun to go after Sox fans if his friends didn't support him here. And, yes, they do consider Beni a troll. You have to laugh at the hypocricy.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

No, I have to laugh at your inability to spell HYPOCRISY.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

I had a personal experience with Paps while at my previous employer, PC Connection.  Each year we had a "Sales Kickoff" event which was usually held at a nice local venue (Gilette one year, Fenway one year, etc...). 

Well this year times were tough in sales so they had it at a local sports venue in Nashua NH.  Every year they have a local sports celebrity attend and give a "motivational" speech.  The last year I was there they had Paps and his brothers attend and get the crowd going. 

Unfortunately, the Papelbon crew showed up HAMMERED beyond belief.... they were paid something upwards of 30-40k to make the appearance and they were the most obnoxious group I have ever met.

On a side note, I ended up getting pretty smashed as the night went along ... one of our female coworkers had stated that Paps cheated on every woman he's been with and someone should ask him about that...  drunk me decided it would be a good idea to ask him that on the microphone but as I was getting to the mic they closed down the Q&A session.... thank god!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Is Paps taking shots at the Nation??:
    [QUOTE]or is this a pot stir from espn.com??....... Jonathan Papelbon compares fans Updated: March 8, 2012, 3:08 PM ET ESPNBoston.com Former Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon took a shot at the Fenway faithful Thursday, telling a Philadelphia radio station that Phillies fans "tend to know the game a little better" than fans in Boston, who he said were "a little bit more hysterical when it comes to the game of baseball." Papelbon, who signed with the Philadelphia Phillies as a free agent after spending six seasons as the best closer in Boston history, made the comments to a CBS radio station in Philadelphia when asked to compare the fans in the two cities. "It's a religion (in Boston). It's a way of life," Papelbon said on 94WIP's "Angelo Cataldi and The Morning Team." "(Fans) come to the field and they expect certain things out of players. ... It's an environment where you put up or shut up. I enjoyed that. That's what got my motor running every day. ... I've had a guy take off his prosthetic leg and throw it in the bullpen in Boston and want me to sign it." Papelbon continued: "The Philly fans tend to know the game a little better, being in the National League, you know, the way the game is played." Papelbon also said he had expected the Red Sox to be more aggressive in pursuing him in the offseason. The Phillies signed him early in free agency, locking him up with a four-year, $50 million deal. "It was a situation where the Red Sox didn't really come at me the way I was expecting them to come at me in the offseason," Papelbon said during the radio interview. "And I told my agent that the first team that shows me interest and shows me loyalty, I'm going to show that right back to them, and that was Philadelphia." Dropkick Murphys' front man Ken Casey caused a bit of a stir earlier in the week when he said Papelbon, whom he calls a friend, couldn't come out of the Phillies' bullpen to "Shipping Up To Boston," the popular Dropkick tune Papelbon used for years with the Red Sox. Papelbon on Thursday would not reveal his new entrance song, but did say it wasn't by the Dropkick Murphys.
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard the interview or read more than what was posted here. But a morning radio host I listen to did hear the interview.

According to him, Papelbon's comments were taken out of context.

Not sure what is the least surprising; that a media outlet would manipulate quotes or that some fans don't care about the context of said quotes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Do you ever feel a Babe attack coming when you make a positive Red Sox post? Or any other Yankee fan for that matter? No, of course not. 
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

No I don't because I don't see them as attacks. I appreciate babe playing the contrarian when i post something positive about the sox.  Makes me back up what I say.  And, the tactic I use to keep it on a baseball level and not take the bait on the personal stuff.  It is a choice.  I like debating baseball with babe.  he is pretty smart about baseball, which, at least for myself, is what I come here for.  When he goes over the edge  in his sox-contrary counterpoints, I chide him just as he chides those who go over the edge of reason in their Sox hyping.  No big deal really.  And, through that good baseball banter, yes, much to your chagrin, I have developed a cyber-friendship with Babe.  He is from Brooklyn not far from where I live.  

I don't know Kim.  You create divisions that are uneccesary.  If you want to be outraged at yankee fans for being on a sox board, that's all you.  But, these are just people participating in dopen discussion about the red sox.  I do not care at all that they are yankee fans.  In fact, I appreciate the diversity. I have enjoyed participating in this board for 5 + years now, and a big part of it is the diversity of the posters.  And I really don't care about provocations.  Look, the Yankee contingent on this board have been choir boys in dealing with me compared to, say, Softy, a supposed Sox fan, who has called me every horrible name in the book, and many that were heretofore not in the book.  I don't give a s&*t.  To me, that makes him a clown.  I turn the other cheek.  It is that easy.  Engaging on these personal attack levels only draws from the good debate and give and take that exists here. 

As I have said before, you really should get your foot in the door at Sons of Sam Horn.  There is no trolling and no yankee fans there.  I think you would really be much happier.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : What qualities has this idiot / troll exhibited to you on this forum that makes you : Think about visiting him on your Florida trip Welcome him back after a four month absence Forgive his act which upsets many forum fans Ignore his being banned over 200 times - are the moderators wrong and you are right? Maybe you know him personally and he is a completely different person but why do you condone, endorse, and applaud a behavior that the moderators detest and many forum posters ( present and departed) disliked. Are you really a Red Sox fan or just here for kicks? Man up to it so that we can all dismiss the charade. Is anything at all ever disingenuous, annoying, combative, mean, lame to you on the forum. If everything is acceptable then NOTHING IS CREDIBLE. IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND?

I find many things on this board disingenuous, annoying, combative, mean, lame.  But I just really try not to take any of it personally.  Some of it I can't help and I get emotional:  67Sox' judgement of gays etc.  I admit to that getting under my skin.  But, I'm not going to let Softy's name calling or babe's smartazz quips get under my skin.  Thats just insane.  Its cyberspace.  I just choose what I let in and what I don't.  You think that makes me less of a Sox fan?  Really?  You've got it pretty twisted if you really think that.   As for credibility, if I don't have any with you, so be it.  Wish it could be otherwise, but, its the internet, so I can't control that.  But I am fairly sure I have a reasonable amount of credibility on this forum.  Not really worried about your classification.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Exactly where did I state that it was started by a sawx fan?
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Fair enough. This is not a knock to the nation, but I always found it strange how they can't let a player go, for better or for worse. The many pedro, manny, bay, nomar and now paps threads. After a player leaves the Yanks I don't have hatred for him, nor do I sit and pine for them either. I just find it to be a strange trait of many of the nation.
    Posted by TBINFL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

[QUOTE]Papelbon is exactly right but he probably based that remark based on listening to Boston radio with Felger, Mazz, and the crew at WEEI, and might have read this forum. It's a well known fact that New Englanders because of their Pilgrim / Puritan heritage are the most somber, pessimistic, self-punishing population in the USA. Papelbon hits the nail on the head. Yankee fans such as J-Bay, Zac, Examiner, Jeter, Babe, and JesseyEric come here and laugh at us for being so predictably morbid. Philly fans by default have to be better fans.

uh, um, excuse me but J Bay is a red sox fan.

also, Hi Babe! glad to see you made it back for another season of banter and hobnobbing so to speak. here's to some great sawx yanks baseball games babe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Paps setting the stage for November Madness...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Fair enough. This is not a knock to the nation, but I always found it strange how they can't let a player go, for better or for worse. The many pedro, manny, bay, nomar and now paps threads. After a player leaves the Yanks I don't have hatred for him, nor do I sit and pine for them either. I just find it to be a strange trait of many of the nation. Posted by TBINFL                                   

Ummm....this isn't the only paps thread. You really need help.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : I find many things on this board disingenuous, annoying, combative, mean, lame.  But I just really try not to take any of it personally.  Some of it I can't help and I get emotional:  67Sox' judgement of gays etc.  I admit to that getting under my skin.  But, I'm not going to let Softy's name calling or babe's smartazz quips get under my skin.  Thats just insane.  Its cyberspace.  I just choose what I let in and what I don't.  You think that makes me less of a Sox fan?  Really?  You've got it pretty twisted if you really think that.   As for credibility, if I don't have any with you, so be it.  Wish it could be otherwise, but, its the internet, so I can't control that.  But I am fairly sure I have a reasonable amount of credibility on this forum.  Not really worried about your classification.
    What he said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : I find many things on this board disingenuous, annoying, combative, mean, lame.  But I just really try not to take any of it personally.  Some of it I can't help and I get emotional:  67Sox' judgement of gays etc.  I admit to that getting under my skin.  But, I'm not going to let Softy's name calling or babe's smartazz quips get under my skin.  Thats just insane.  Its cyberspace.  I just choose what I let in and what I don't.  You think that makes me less of a Sox fan?  Really?  You've got it pretty twisted if you really think that.   As for credibility, if I don't have any with you, so be it.  Wish it could be otherwise, but, its the internet, so I can't control that.  But I am fairly sure I have a reasonable amount of credibility on this forum.  Not really worried about your classification.

So the above explains why Babe is on your friends list, you were ecstatic to see him return after a four month absence and you might stop off to see him in Florida. Do you also plan to stop in and visit Softlaw? If these posters are just cyberspace figments of your imagination then why not treat them all equally instead of going out of your way to visit them in person? Why not list all of the posters on your wall and shoot a dart at them and decide to be a personal friend with that one? Your stance makes no sense. I don't buy it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : uh, um, excuse me but J Bay is a red sox fan.
    Posted by Hammah29r2[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hammah, Pike knows that. He's just upset that as good as a sox fan as he perceives me to be, doesn't like I'm part of the so called fraternity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Thanks Hammah, Pike knows that. He's just upset that as good as a sox fan as he perceives me to be, doesn't like I'm part of the so called fraternity.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Oh sure, all these years we've been chatting and you're sitting at home with your Derek Jeter jersey on?!? You think you know a guy!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Oh sure, all these years we've been chatting and you're sitting at home with your Derek Jeter jersey on?!? You think you know a guy!!!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Why do you think I offered you my Dwight Evans shirt?!?Wink

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : So the above explains why Babe is on your friends list, you were ecstatic to see him return after a four month absence and you might stop off to see him in Florida. Do you also plan to stop in and visit Softlaw? If these posters are just cyberspace figments of your imagination then why not treat them all equally instead of going out of your way to visit them in person? Why not list all of the posters on your wall and shoot a dart at them and decide to be a personal friend with that one? Your stance makes no sense. I don't buy it.

You don't buy it?  Hahaha.  Thats rich.  

No dart throwing necessary.  I have great mutual affinity for many on this board.  Some are Sox fans, some Yankee, some Other.  I don't know how these cyber-friendships develop.  Mostly from just communicating like a human being and not getting caught up in nonsense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Oh sure, all these years we've been chatting and you're sitting at home with your Derek Jeter jersey on?!? You think you know a guy!!!
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

It's worse than you think,he's wearing an Arod jersey

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : Thanks Hammah, Pike knows that. He's just upset that as good as a sox fan as he perceives me to be, doesn't like I'm part of the so called fraternity.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The fraternity is comprised of Yankee fans. Look at your friends list, look at who you message, look at the fact that you called Dottie and got Beni banned, look at the fact that you never have argued with the Yankee fans, look at the fact that you never called Dottie to ban Yankee fans ( especially Babe). Look at your recent message to Babe sounding as if he is your long lost brother. You certainly act more like Zac than you do Joe Breidy. You walk in a pinstripe gait, you speak with a pinstripe accent, you write with a pinstripe flavor  - you might as well admit that you bleed pinstripes. If you don't have a hotline that is direct to Dottie then you must moderate the forum to some extent. Yesterday you deleted a post that you didn't like after Zac called and did it less than ten minutes after it was posted. It a sad day in the forum when it is being moderated by a Yankee fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Paps taking shots at the Nation?? : You don't buy it?  Hahaha.  Thats rich.   No dart throwing necessary.  I have great mutual affinity for many on this board.  Some are Sox fans, some Yankee, some Other.  I don't know how these cyber-friendships develop.  Mostly from just communicating like a human being and not getting caught up in nonsense.

You have a great affinity for a poster who has been banned over 200 times? Did I hear that right? Are you delivering the award to Babe when you visit him? It seems that BDC has different criteria than you do. Why is their tolerance so vastly opposite BDC's? Are you saying that BDC is wrong in how they treat Babe? It seems that you aren't apathetic to the nonsense but actually relish it and you will be dropping in to visit the King of nonsense.