Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL?

The problem with pike is that 99.9 percent of his posts have absolutely nothing to with baseball at all. Atleast a good number of our yankee contributors talk about baseball stuff, in case you didnt notice kim most of the responses on this thread have been pretty even keeled. Both players are great, cano is a better hitter though, but that doesnt change how i feel about it. id still take dustin all the way to the bank.  Mikey, Nh, jessey, jete all interact for the most part in a respectful and knowledgeble manner unless beni is involved. Its all part of a great and rich rivalry which we all have the privilege to enjoy. Half of my family is from new york city, makes watching sox/yanks games ten times more fun to watch them with my cousin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL?:
    [QUOTE]Long live Pike. If it weren't for the Yankee slant on this board, with even Sox posters mostly residing in the Metropolitan area, he probably wouldn't be such a pariah on this board. The majority of Sox posters here are so entwined with the Yankee posters, even posting on a separate Sox/Yankee board (not the private board) for a long time, and they pretend not to know each other until they get here. lol  There are Sox posters here that will never say anything negative about the Yankee fans no matter what they do. They talk to Babe like he's a kid when he's a middle-aged man, and they know this. How weird is that? You could be one of them for all I know. I can't imagine the small amount of posters here who aren't part of that clique. One day, you should come to the board and not center on all the negatives you see in Sox fans who aren't part of the "collective", and focus on the positive. If you don't see any positives, then maybe you're in the wrong place.  Remember you can still find the posters you like on the Sox/Yankee sideboard.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Wow. Clearly there's no point in even trying to discuss this rationally with you, because most of what you're going on about has nothing to do with my post. In fact, I don't think I can find anything in there that's actually a response to anything I said. I'm not sure where you're seeing a "Yankee slant" in my post (unless it was in my shocking statement that there are both good and bad Red Sox and Yankee posters), and this is the first I've heard about any "Sox/Yankee sideboard."

This is obviously going to go nowhere, because I know you'll defend Pike to the bitter end merely because he's a Red Sox fan - even though the things you're accusing me of ("centering on all the negatives in Sox fans who aren't part of the collective") actually describe him to a tee...the guy spends at least as much time attacking Sox fans as he does Yankee fans. But whatever...clearly you're just determined not to see that, so I'm just going to let this go. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]You have a point there, why am I wasting my time? However, you've got to be kidding me if you don't see the connections; not that I can convince you otherwise. Regardless, I may be wrong about a few of them. -- Steven ----------------------------------------------------- Steven, thank you for changing your avatar. I appreciate it. As for the connections, that's my point you're making. Have you ever seen anything more obvious in your life? Like I told Flapjack, think about that.  No offense, but this is so transparent to me that I can't even believe people would buy this. It couldn't be more obvious. And the more they talk about aliases the more show up. That only benefits them.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

You're welcome, and perhaps you're right; I can see that line of argument, but my opinion is for the most part unchanged. Most won't care what my opinion is anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Hey Kim - I have been here for almost 5 years. Everyone knows that I am a die hard New Yorker, born and raised. And everyone knows that I am a Yankee fan. I put that in my signature for a month as a joke to your endless moaning about me trying to hide where my rooting interests lie. If you are so freaked out by all this, why not start a thread and ask RSN what team I root for? If the majority think I am part of RSN, I will put in back it my signature and never remove it.

Now do me a favor and stop stalking me - it is getting a bit creepy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]This forum is extremely important in the daily life of Mikey / Jessey / J-Bay. Let them spread themselves thin in an effort to keep threads alive.
    Posted by Natick-Ned[/QUOTE]

Bite me!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Kim - I have been here for almost 5 years. Everyone knows that I am a die hard New Yorker, born and raised. And everyone knows that I am a Yankee fan. I put that in my signature for a month as a joke to your endless moaning about me trying to hide where my rooting interests lie. If you are so freaked out by all this, why not start a thread and ask RSN what team I root for? If the majority think I am part of RSN, I will put in back in my signature and never remove it. Now do me a favor and stop stalking me - it is getting a bit creepy.
    Posted by jesseyeric[/QUOTE]
    Jessey, I think it is safe to say that Kim is not Kim but it is Smiley or Pike.  I don't know which one but the person was getting increasingly bitter which is a Pike characteristic but who knows, I do know that is not some girl named Kim.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -THE-BABE--. Show -THE-BABE--'s posts

kim wouldn't know baseball if you took her to a game and a foul ball hit her in the head.

Cano is the better hitter and better all round 2nd baseman. Pretty simple. The hobbit doesn't even come in 2nd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]kim wouldn't know baseball if you took her to a game and a foul ball hit her in the head. Cano is the better hitter and better all round 2nd baseman. Pretty simple. The hobbit doesn't even come in 2nd.
    Posted by -THE-BABE--[/QUOTE]

Kim is just another poster on this board that we know all too well.....Pedroia is no chump Babe but Cano is a better hitter. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Cano is the best hitting 2nd baseman in baseball.
    but he will never have a ROY trophy and i doubt will ever get an MVP trophy.  if that matters....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -THE-BABE--. Show -THE-BABE--'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : Kim is just another poster on this board that we know all too well.....Pedroia is no chump Babe but Cano is a better hitter. 

Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

Didn't say he was a chump....but he's probably 3rd or 4th on the list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Cano is the best hitting 2nd baseman in baseball. but he will never have a ROY trophy and i doubt will ever get an MVP trophy.  if that matters....
    Posted by slasher9[/QUOTE]

Well he might get an MVP but he'll never have a ROY of the year trophy but he is the best hitting 2nd baseman in baseball.  The guy rakes.  However, as I told someone else yesterday Pedroia ia hell of a player he brings certain intangibles, leadership and he is a sparkplug for the Sox. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : Jessey, I think it is safe to say that Kim is not Kim but it is Smiley or Pike.  I don't know which one but the person was getting increasingly bitter which is a Pike characteristic but who knows, I do know that is not some girl named Kim.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

Sorry Mikey - I do not believe for one second that Kim is Beni. She may hate me but I will defend her on this one.

No comment on Pike.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : Sorry Mikey - I do not believe for one second that Kim is Beni. She may hate me but I will defend her on this one. No comment on Pike.

Thats fine Jessey, we can agree to disagree on that one.  On another note, the boys played well last night.  It was nice to Swisher get one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I am still picking Horace Clarke. The guy could come out of retirment now and do just as well as he did back in the 60's. Of course he couldn't do much back then, but that is inconsequential.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Cano is the best hitting 2nd baseman in baseball. but he will never have a ROY trophy and i doubt will ever get an MVP trophy.  if that matters....
    Posted by slasher9[/QUOTE]

Babe Ruth doesn't have a ROY trophy either; lame stuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisHouse. Show ChrisHouse's posts

What's up with the footnote in Korean? Does it translate into " I have statues of Yogi and DiMaggio on my front lawn"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : Sorry Mikey - I do not believe for one second that Kim is Beni. She may hate me but I will defend her on this one. No comment on Pike.

Agreed; Kim is not Beni. It's tough to put an age on her though; she could be 20, or 70. As far as Pike is concerned, I wonder if he is ChrisHouse, bev97, sunslav, soxchemistry, and possibly others. What do they have in common? They don't talk baseball, and have the same cadence when criticizing this board, which is always.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

In Response to Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL?:
    [QUOTE]Can only think of two that come close. Thoughts?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

Until Chase Utley proves he can't play at his current level, he's far and away the best offensive and defensive second baseman in the game.  It's really not close.  Number two has to be Cano at this point.  Despite his hatred for drawing walks, he's on the verge of becoming one of the past pure hitters--Nomar Garciaparra edition.  Number three (and this is close) is Pedroia. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Kim -

Please stop trying to ethnically cleanse this board.  If you don't like the fact there are non-Red Sox fans on the board, then go find a place where you can be surrounded by only people who agree with you.  As a Red Sox fan myself, I can honestly say your intolerant behavior is, quite frankly, an embarassment to all of Red Sox Nation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : Agreed; Kim is not Beni. It's tough to put an age on her though; she could be 20, or 70. As far as Pike is concerned, I wonder if he is ChrisHouse, bev97, sunslav, soxchemistry, and possibly others. What do they have in common? They don't talk baseball, and have the same cadence when criticizing this board, which is always.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

I made that same observation about a year ago, and I got killed for a couple of people because of it--namely harness.  Since then, Flapjack, you, and a couple of others have noticed this.  Jamaica Plain is another.  They all appear and disappear at the same times.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : Until Chase Utley proves he can't play at his current level, he's far and away the best offensive and defensive second baseman in the game.  It's really not close.  Number two has to be Cano at this point.  Despite his hatred for drawing walks, he's on the verge of becoming one of the past pure hitters--Nomar Garciaparra edition.  Number three (and this is close) is Pedroia. 
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

I hate the Yankees, but I have to go with Cano.  What's the case for Utley being head & shoulders better?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : I made that same observation about a year ago, and I got killed for a couple of people because of it--namely harness.  Since then, Flapjack, you, and a couple of others have noticed this.  Jamaica Plain is another.  They all appear and disappear at the same times.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

Missed that; yes. As far as the 3 second basemen are concerned, I think it's too close to call.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcernTroll. Show ConcernTroll's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

We may have forgotton ConcernTroll; also BostonTrollSpanker.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

No, he is not even in the top 4 if you go AL/NL it should go

1-Utley- Number one for now but....
    2-Cano- Did they build that New Stadium for the Guy?
    3-Kinsler- As long as he plays in Texas he is going to be in the conversation
    4-Phillips- Compare his 2007 to Pedroia charity MVP Season of '08
    5-Pedroia-  Has played 4 years, Good hitter but to small to stay healthy, won't factor in anything in 3 years.