Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL?

In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL?:
    [QUOTE]Is the dude with the parakeet on his head our Mikey from the Bronx? Is he Cactus on the Phish? I would love to get tickets to that concert in Bethel. Will Mikey be gone from the forum again for months while they are in tour? He will be sorely missed.
    Posted by ChrisHouse[/QUOTE]

MikeyfromQueens is Cactus I'm just a Phan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chain-reaction. Show chain-reaction's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/32342766
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

I don't watch MSNBC. As bill would say lib moonbat big o network

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Pedroia is the best non "enhanced" 2nd baseman in the league.
    Posted by chain-reaction[/QUOTE]

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Sports/2009/08/08/Ortiz-Not-here-to-make/1249750735.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : I don't watch MSNBC. As bill would say lib moonbat big o network

That is one thing we can agree on Mr. Vice President I don't watch MSNBC either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pedroia the best hitting second baseman in AL/NL? : Oh so Ned is Pike's alternate screename....Pike could possibly be the most miserable person on the planet, even Sox fans hate him.
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]
    Let's cross-reference the posters in this thread with the Pike Account Checklist:

Pike X
    Soxchemistry
    Sunslav
    Glumandrew
    ConcernTroll X
    Kbev X
    Boycottlaw
    Silversteinsox
    Losmediascoco
    ChrisHouse X
    JamaicaPlains
    WaldoBelfast
    Natick-Ned X
    MikeyInQueens X
    Dangerfeld
    BambinoBabe 

Only six? Tsk tsk! He's slacking off. I'm sure some more will be along soon, though. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This forum is extremely important in the daily life of Mikey / Jessey / J-Bay. Let them spread themselves thin in an effort to keep threads alive. -- Ned
    --------------------------------------------------

You're almost right. But two out of three ain't bad. :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]This forum is extremely important in the daily life of Mikey / Jessey / J-Bay. Let them spread themselves thin in an effort to keep threads alive. -- Ned -------------------------------------------------- You're almost right. But two out of three ain't bad. :)
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

You're very wrapped up in this Beni, I mean Kim my bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Let's cross-reference the posters in this thread with the Pike Account Checklist: -- Flapjack
    ------------------------------------------------

Any chance you're ever going to count up Yankee aliases on this board, and pin them on one of your pals? Quite a few are completely obvious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

This thread is hilarious.  Did Mikey even know the Yankees were on? lol

FTR, I'd take Pedroia over Cano any day of the week.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is hilarious.  Did Mikey even know the Yankees were on? lol FTR, I'd take Pedroia over Cano any day of the week.

Of course you would.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I hate to say it, but Cano is a better hitter than Pedroia. With Scott Boras as his agent and the way he is playing, Cano will get a huge payday this offseason.
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

Chase Utley is a better hitter than either of them.  And as the post title says "AL/NL" I'm surprised it got to nearly 60 posts with no mention. 

I bet if the OP asked for AL only, somehow Utley would have gotten mentioned faster.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]Let's cross-reference the posters in this thread with the Pike Account Checklist: -- Flapjack ------------------------------------------------ Any chance you're ever going to count up Yankee aliases on this board, and pin them on one of your pals? Quite a few are completely obvious.
    Pretty sure I answered this exact question a few weeks back and you never responded. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Pretty sure I answered this exact question a few weeks back and you never responded.  -- Flapjack
    --------------------------------------------

Well, you can refresh my memory because I'm not here all the time. It is interesting that I pointed this out to you once before, and here we are again. I've still never seen a post of yours that talked about any Yankee aliases (which are ALL OVER THE BOARD), and you're all over RS fans, yet again. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Pedroia is the best non "enhanced" 2nd baseman in the league.

SB mode recap:

Yankee bad player - haha
    Yankee good player - cheat

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

SB mode recap:

Yankee bad player - haha
    Yankee good player - cheat  -- Steven
    ----------------------------------------------------

Every season you somehow find an excuse to put a Red Sox avatar up. You did the same thing last season. You're a Yankee fan. 

I'll never understand how losing a bet, or whatever it was this time, makes sense to anyone. It's not a homage, it just makes all your comments appear to be coming from a Red Sox fan. Jesseyeric likes his posts to look like they're coming from a Sox fan also, that's why he took the "I'm a Yankee fan" out of his sig line as soon as the season started. If anything, you should've just had to put something in your sig line while still keeping a Yankee avatar. These "bets" only seem to work for you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]SB mode recap: Yankee bad player - haha Yankee good player - cheat  -- Steven ---------------------------------------------------- Every season you somehow find an excuse to put a Red Sox avatar up. You did the same thing last season. You're a Yankee fan.  I'll never understand how losing a bet, or whatever it was this time, makes sense to anyone. It's not a homage, it just makes all your comments appear to be coming from a Red Sox fan. Jesseyeric likes his posts to look like they're coming from a Sox fan also, that's why he took the "I'm a Yankee fan" out of his sig line as soon as the season started. If anything, you should have just had to put something in your sig line while still keeping a Yankee avatar. These "bets" only seem to work for you.

You are misinformed; it had nothing to do with bets; I changed my avatar to RS caps the last 2 seasons based on my dialogue with harness on both occasions; go look them up. (I also like this cap 'cause it reminds me of the Brooklyn Dodgers cap).  If this still bothers you, I'll change it. Harness will understand.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You are misinformed; I changed my avatar to RS caps the last 2 seasons based on my dialogue with harness on both occasions; go look them up. If this still bothers you, I'll change it. Harness will understand. -- Steven
    ----------------------------------------------

It bothers me. You post insulting remarks about Sox fans, and I don't think you should be identified as a Sox fan while posting them. 

Why do so many of the Yankee posters here find it so hard to put anything up that would identify them as Yankee fans?  Are they embarrassed?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]You are misinformed; I changed my avatar to RS caps the last 2 seasons based on my dialogue with harness on both occasions; go look them up. If this still bothers you, I'll change it. Harness will understand. -- Steven ---------------------------------------------- It bothers me. You post insulting remarks about Sox fans, and I don't think you should be identified as a Sox fan while posting them.  Why do so many of the Yankee posters here find it so hard to put anything up that would identify them as Yankee fans?  Are they embarrassed?

I'll change it then. However, you can't afford to critique my insults, which are usually fact based, and sometimes target moronic yankee fans, like Babe, Frank27, and that idiot greatestnyy. I've seen Jessey diss them as well. However, calling out your own fans does not appear to be part of your repertoire.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty sure I answered this exact question a few weeks back and you never responded.  -- Flapjack -------------------------------------------- Well, you can refresh my memory because I'm not here all the time. It is interesting that I pointed this out to you once before, and here we are again. I've still never seen a post of yours that talked about any Yankee aliases (which are ALL OVER THE BOARD), and you're all over RS fans, yet again. 
    Well, since I'm too tired to retype what I said before, I went back and located the thread...

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a3fc713da-4715-4925-b94c-c14bddc7d8f4Discussion%3ae06649c6-e20d-42b1-8348-1b90b8a1f752&plckCurrentPage=4

The long and short of it, though: whether or not there are any Yankee fans with aliases here has no bearing on my thoughts on a dude who has 15 accounts and mostly uses them to bully people and stir up trouble - and why should it? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'll change it then. However, you can't afford to critique my insults, which are usually fact based, and sometimes target moronic yankee fans, like Babe, Frank27, and that idiot greatestnyy. I've seen Jessey diss them as well. This does not appear to be part of your limited repertoire.  -- Steven
    ------------------------------------------------------------

And you also spend quite a bit of your time talking about Beni's supposed aliases, which anyone with an ounce of intelligence could see were created by posters who's sole purpose is to harass and abuse a Sox fan who doesn't necessarily like the Yankees, and likes to have a little fun with them -- on his own team's board. Now who would do that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I'll change it then. However, you can't afford to critique my insults, which are usually fact based, and sometimes target moronic yankee fans, like Babe, Frank27, and that idiot greatestnyy. I've seen Jessey diss them as well. This does not appear to be part of your limited repertoire.  -- Steven ------------------------------------------------------------ And you also spend quite a bit of your time talking about Beni's supposed aliases, which anyone with an ounce of intelligence could see were created by posters who's sole purpose is to harass and abuse a Sox fan who doesn't necessarily like the Yankees, and likes to have a little fun with them -- on his own team's board. Now who would do that?

You have a point there, why am I wasting my time? However, you've got to be kidding me if you don't see the connections; not that I can convince you otherwise. Regardless, I may be wrong about a few of them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I don't think anyone can say for certain whether all those accounts are or aren't Smiley...all I know is their posts are pretty much indistinguishable from the real thing, and Smiley usually talks back and forth with them as if they were aiding his cause, not "harassing and abusing" him.

That and the fact that accounts have been known to pop up mimicing or ridiculing posters who get on Smiley's bad side - see "Mikenagyeatsworms." (There was one with my name on it at one point too.)

Just food for thought.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Same question once again (since you didn't really answer it): Does the possibility that there are Yankee fans here with alter-egos somehow preclude me from saying something about a Sox fan who does it?

I didn't read that Chowdah thread past the first few posts, and I wouldn't know him from Adam. But I have been here long enough (since well before the 2008 that this account says) to be wise to Pike's act, and to the fact that he's a hypocrite who continually accuses others of "enabling" trolls while he himself does nothing but follow them around and give them more attention, and who has a habit of attacking anyone who posts anything he doesn't like or doesn't conduct themselves the way he, in his infinite wisdom, feels they ought to. (Very well-regarded posters like Spaceman and Playball01 have recently joined his ever-growing hit-list.) Is he supposed to get a free pass for all that because he's a Red Sox fan?

Like I said, I've been posting here a while...long enough to know that there are some intelligent, reasonable Yankee fans here and some real A_hole Sox fans, just as much as the opposite is true. There are idiots and trolls on both sides, and I don't think anyone should be judged merely on team affiliation, but on how they act towards other posters here. I've spent a lot of time opposing those who come here merely to bash the Sox or their players, but I also don't like the opposite philosophy, which is that the Sox are always perfect and can do no wrong and that anyone who brings a different viewpoint to the table must be a troll or a friend of the trolls. If one is the Soviet Union, the other is Joseph McCarthy...thanks, but I'll take neither extreme.

So yes, I'll call them like I see them, whether we're talking about a Sox fan or a Yankee fan. In the case of Pike and Company I'm far from the only one saying these things. -- Flapjack

Long live Pike. If it weren't for the Yankee slant on this board, with even Sox posters mostly residing in the Metropolitan area, he probably wouldn't be such a pariah on this board. The majority of Sox posters here are so entwined with the Yankee posters, even posting on a separate Sox/Yankee board (not the private board) for a long time, and they pretend not to know each other until they get here. lol  There are Sox posters here that will never say anything negative about the Yankee fans no matter what they do. They talk to Babe like he's a kid when he's a middle-aged man, and they know this. How weird is that? You could be one of them for all I know. I can't imagine the small amount of posters here who aren't part of that clique.

One day, you should come to the board and not center on all the negatives you see in Sox fans who aren't part of the "collective", and focus on the positive. If you don't see any positives, then maybe you're in the wrong place.  Remember you can still find the posters you like on the Sox/Yankee sideboard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

don't think anyone can say for certain whether all those accounts are or aren't Smiley...all I know is their posts are pretty much indistinguishable from the real thing, -- Flapjack

Think about that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You have a point there, why am I wasting my time? However, you've got to be kidding me if you don't see the connections; not that I can convince you otherwise. Regardless, I may be wrong about a few of them. -- Steven
    -----------------------------------------------------

Steven, thank you for changing your avatar. I appreciate it. As for the connections, that's my point you're making. Have you ever seen anything more obvious in your life? Like I told Flapjack, think about that. 

No offense, but this is so transparent to me that I can't even believe people would buy this. It couldn't be more obvious. And the more they talk about aliases the more show up. That only benefits them.