Is Peter Abraham too harsh on the Sox?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Is Peter Abraham too harsh on the Sox?

How can you possibly be too harsh on a team that's pulled off one of the biggest choke jobs ever??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

too harsh in that players may not speak to him but otherwise no

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Their play is harsh...if he's doing his job than he has to be...harsh too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Absolutely not. With a 6 -19 record in the "prove it" month of September, Abraham is completely justified.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from haroldburbank. Show haroldburbank's posts

this is a silly question. pete does not like criticism.  he'll tell you not to contact him if you disagree with him.  ask him.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

It is unfortunate, but he is 100% correct.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

Absolutely not!  If anything, Abraham and other Boston sport reporters should have been more openly critical of the Red Sox lack of performance on the field much earlier, from Theo free agent blunders, to Francona's obsession to having starters go 5 innings, even if they give up 4, 5, 6 runs before the 5th, and continuing to pitch Wakefield in his quest to get #200, when it was pretty obvious that Wake didn't have it, to guys out of shape, to not running out grounders, to committing ridiculous errors defensively, to the media hype before and during the season about how good the Sox were etc, etc.  Listen our Sox had a great season, BUT they could have had so much more if they didn't under perform from management, to managers, to coaches, and yes, especially players, without having to name them all and/or qualifying this statement.  I think most in the Red Sox Nation know what and whom I am referring to.  GO SOX DESPITE THEO AND FRANCONA!   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from My Dads Brick. Show My Dads Brick's posts

He's probably the only sportswriter for the Red Sox who has every told it like it is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Peter Abraham is right on point.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

He's writing exactly what's going on.    No rose colored glasses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Pete tells it like it is for the most part.  On the other hand, Don and Jerry have to have it in their contract that they cannot say anything critical of the Sox.  Those guys are a joke.  I watch every game and I get so sick of them trying to sugar coat this crap we are seeing out of this team.  Growing up in the midwest I was spoiled by Harry Caray.  When the Cubs or White Sox were playing bad and making bonehead plays he told it like it was!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Is Peter Abraham too harsh on the Sox?:
    [QUOTE]Pete tells it like it is for the most part.  On the other hand, Don and Jerry have to have it in their contract that they cannot say anything critical of the Sox.  Those guys are a joke.  I watch every game and I get so sick of them trying to sugar coat this crap we are seeing out of this team.  Growing up in the midwest I was spoiled by Harry Caray.  When the Cubs or White Sox were playing bad and making bonehead plays he told it like it was!
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Don and Jerry are part of the organization and their job is to help sell the product to keep viewers tuning in...Abraham doesn't work for the Sox nor NESN, he works for the Globe...Apples and Oranges...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenapplesplatters. Show greenapplesplatters's posts

In Response to Is Peter Abraham too harsh on the Sox?:
    [QUOTE]By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff "But only one number matters now: Two. That's how many games the Red Sox have left. Win them both and at worst, they have a one-game playoff with the Rays on Thursday. Otherwise, they go down in history as the biggest regular-season chokers in baseball history." The Red Sox were 82-51 on Aug. 27. They were three games behind the Phillies for the best record in baseball. One month later, they're a pack of zombies."
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Since when has telling the truth become too harsh?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We were predicted by many to be a quasi "Slam Dunk" to win the World series and a "Slam Dunk" to be the Division winner. I believe that some would have been disappointed in us only winning the Wild Card. And how we gonna feel losing a one game playoff. Might be better for the players to think about playing golf and we can concentrate on the Patriots, Bruins & Celtics !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I don't particularly like Peter's attitude so I don't read much of his stuff.
    I find, in the past, he uses his buully pulpit to intimidate certain people. If you like that then Peter is your drummer.