Is Pike in the great beyond?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Is Pike in the great beyond?

Haven't been harried or harassed by Pike in months. He's either in Europe on sabbatical, passed on to his reward, has gotten stuck under his house while doing plumbing work, or is using new monikers that I haven't noticed yet (most likely). Here's to you pike, have a cold one on me!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Is Pike in the great beyond?

I think trolls like Pike and Softy make this board fun to be honest.

I work for myself and am on the computer a good portion of the day.  Whenever I get bored and frustrated I can always just lash out at either of them with no guilt.

It's like having a 1-800 number where you can just call up and scream at someone.  Dial A Moron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

He is alive and well.  The half way house suspended his computer privileges.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Wherever he is, I was hank would join him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Pike is the poster boy for the Great (or maybe not so great) Beyond.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Think we should have Dottie try to contact him ...... nah

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

wherever he is just became a place to avoid

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

I find it hard to believe he just gave up the ghost

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Pike ran away with kst.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Is Pike in the great beyond?:
    [QUOTE]Haven't been harried or harassed by Pike in months. He's either in Europe on sabbatical, passed on to his reward, has gotten stuck under his house while doing plumbing work, or is using new monikers that I haven't noticed yet (most likely). Here's to you pike, have a cold one on me!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE] you braggin' or complainin'??...Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

"Who Cares"! (a tribute to Tavares)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Is Pike in the great beyond?:
    [QUOTE]Pike ran away with kst.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

What a forlorn hope of love.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is Pike in the great beyond? : you braggin' or complainin'??...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Good question jete. A little of both I guess?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]Pike ran away with kst.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Good one.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pike in the great beyond? : Good one.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Now it looks like pike was busy upgrading he and kst's computers.

Maybe we could all chip in and ship him a few more PC's to upgrade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]Pike got involved in scanning over 3000 old slides and 1000 negatives onto his hard drive and then edited and organized them using Photoshop Elements 10. A very labor-intensive and tedious task but something that I wanted to do for years. It is great to revisit and restore memories of relatives who are long gone but provided such joy to you in your youth and later life. Thank God that we not only took loads of pictures back then but came across many black and white negatives from grandparents. In the midst of this effort I ran into several crashes with Windows Vista ( to be expected ) so I decided to upgrade to Windows 7  on both computers. That process was more complex than I had expected as I had to reinstall much of my software but did not lose any data files. Windows 7 works like a charm. Love the home-networking feature. No more running from computer-to-computer with USB thumb drives. I am told that Windows 8 will be even much better. It is great that the OS is finally becoming reliable, efficient, secure, and bug-free which allows users to get work done instead of maintaining and securing their computer most of the time. After the photo editing is done I plan to digitize some old reel-to-reel tape recordings from years ago. Fortunately I found a reel-to-reel recorder at a Church rummage sale recently. Most people don't even know what they are. I also do genealogy research using Ancestry.com. I plan on using my computer on practical and fulfilling tasks in the future. Glad the the team is doing well and the offense and pitching are finally coming around. I am sure that the forum regulars are delighted. Sad to hear that Harness has retired from the Forum due to his eyesight problems ( my presumption) but glad that he is otherwise healthy. Perhaps he has found another hobby / pasttime that is more enjoyable.
    Posted by Calzone65[/QUOTE]

Dammit!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Pike in the great beyond? : Dammit!
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]
      I think I saw him on the other side....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Actually , he is missed here. He usually is able to stir things up and keep it from becoming too boring. Sometimes displays a cutting sense of humor. To be interesting , the board needs to be like Pro Wrestling , with it's heroes and villains. Babyfaces and Heels , if you will.  Always good to have some controversy. So , I would say that he is missed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yeah I missed him like a punch in the face.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Actually , he is missed here. He usually is able to stir things up and keep it from becoming too boring. Sometimes displays a cutting sense of humor. To be interesting , the board needs to be like Pro Wrestling , with it's heroes and villains. Babyfaces and Heels , if you will.  Always good to have some controversy. So , I would say that he is missed.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

There are times when it is like that.

What we really need are interesting villains.  I can only read so much anti-Wakefield drivel.  What - no Mike Torrez issues?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]Pike got involved in scanning over 3000 old slides and 1000 negatives onto his hard drive and then edited and organized them using Photoshop Elements 10. A very labor-intensive and tedious task but something that I wanted to do for years. It is great to revisit and restore memories of relatives who are long gone but provided such joy to you in your youth and later life. Thank God that we not only took loads of pictures back then but came across many black and white negatives from grandparents. In the midst of this effort I ran into several crashes with Windows Vista ( to be expected ) so I decided to upgrade to Windows 7  on both computers. That process was more complex than I had expected as I had to reinstall much of my software but did not lose any data files. Windows 7 works like a charm. Love the home-networking feature. No more running from computer-to-computer with USB thumb drives. I am told that Windows 8 will be even much better. It is great that the OS is finally becoming reliable, efficient, secure, and bug-free which allows users to get work done instead of maintaining and securing their computer most of the time. After the photo editing is done I plan to digitize some old reel-to-reel tape recordings from years ago. Fortunately I found a reel-to-reel recorder at a Church rummage sale recently. Most people don't even know what they are. I also do genealogy research using Ancestry.com. I plan on using my computer on practical and fulfilling tasks in the future. Glad the the team is doing well and the offense and pitching are finally coming around. I am sure that the forum regulars are delighted. Sad to hear that Harness has retired from the Forum due to his eyesight problems ( my presumption) but glad that he is otherwise healthy. Perhaps he has found another hobby / pasttime that is more enjoyable.
    Nice post. Sounds like a worthwhile endeavor.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Welcome back pike, you know we love to hate you. ;-) I have Windows 7 on my new computer and like it. Lots and LOTS of great desktop themes you can download. I have the 64 bit all in one system now, well worth it. I've spent a lot of time converting old cassette tapes and audio files to digital and putting them on my ipod. Digitizing that old stuff immortalizes it. I do digital recording with Pro Tools also. Well, enough nice nice, look forward to doing battle again in the future. Frown