Is Reddick really this good?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Is Reddick really this good?

I've never like his game.  Last year Kalish and DMac and even Daniel F"ing Nava were getting time over him.  Then this year he comes up and I keep waiting for him to do a 0 for 20 and start hitting 240.  But it isn't happening.  Believe me I would love to be wrong.  Can he keep this up?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Is Reddick really this good?

YES.....well maybe.

Love to see it happen, though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In Response to Re: Is Reddick really this good?:
    [QUOTE]YES.....well maybe. Love to see it happen, though.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

He is young and has something to prove. That type of motivation can do wonders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Well, Don't worry the Cooler (Francona) will make sure he gets "Platooned" enough to get his timing messed up. The kid should have been playing steady for the last month.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Is Reddick really this good?:
    [QUOTE]I've never like his game.  Last year Kalish and DMac and even Daniel F"ing Nava were getting time over him.  Then this year he comes up and I keep waiting for him to do a 0 for 20 and start hitting 240.  But it isn't happening.  Believe me I would love to be wrong.  Can he keep this up?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Dunno man.  Some guys just take longer to figure it out I guess.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

big surprize so far,lets hope he is for real and not bring drew back to set him back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He's come down a little bit recently:

.273/.298/.341/.639 his last 47 PAs.

2009-2011:
    AAA: .243/.300/.449/.748
    MLB: .263/.303/.445/.749

The sample size is over 1050 PAs.

He's a great fielder.
    He's a streaky hitter.
    Let's hope this streak continues through October, but I don't think I'd bet on it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-_yazzer. Show the-_yazzer's posts

here's a similar question:
    is jd crawford really this bad?

oh mercy, the holes that could have been filled  with that 130+ million if only the SOX had a smarter GM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]here's a similar question: is jd crawford really this bad? oh mercy, the holes that could have been filled  with that 130+ million if only the SOX had a smarter GM.
    Posted by the-_yazzer[/QUOTE]

Lots of stupid GM's this year...see Jayson Werth, Adam Dunn, Vernon Wells. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-_yazzer. Show the-_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Reddick really this good? : Lots of stupid GM's this year...see Jayson Werth, Adam Dunn, Vernon Wells. 
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

theo's been stupid for more than just this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Reddick really this good? : theo's been stupid for more than just this year.

so have your posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

I have my doubts that Reddick will continue this caliber of play, but similarly to Lowrie in the beginning of the season-he has been too productive to not play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-_yazzer. Show the-_yazzer's posts

hey titleclown,

make sure you join the THEO BOOT-LICKER'S FAN CLUB. membership ends 10/15/11. free peter abraham autograph included with membership.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]hey titleclown, make sure you join the THEO BOOT-LICKER'S FAN CLUB. membership ends 10/15/11. free peter abraham autograph included with membership.

Last I checked....this thread was to discuss Reddick's performance on the field. Not a thread to slander and question Theo's money allocation. But if you would like to discuss such a topic, feel free to start a thread. Theo has certainly given out some bad contracts in his tenure, but have you ever thought that maybe those contracts looked so bad because THAT PLAYER underperformed. Theo isn't the one on the field.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The kid can crush fast balls but I'll hold off for a bit with the adulation til I see how he fares with breaking balls. Wily Mo could crush fast balls as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

My personal feeling is that he is a MLB player but his current MLB stats are inflated by a really nice streak.

The concern with Reddick had always been that he had a very large KZone and because of it he just did not walk in enough of his PAs. This year in AAA he seemed to solve that but did so at the cost of his BA, netting no real difference in OBP.

Now the best case scenario is he has improved his selectivity and eliminated the trade off he had of getting fewer base hits. He always displayed nice power for his frame and age.

The worst case scenario is he is a LH version of Jeff Francouer which is what I had rationalized him to be before this season.

Either option is a MLB player but the difference is big. On the team's offense either will work for the balance of this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

No, nor is Ellsbury "really this good".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Is Reddick really this good?:
    [QUOTE]I've never like his game.  Last year Kalish and DMac and even Daniel F"ing Nava were getting time over him.  Then this year he comes up and I keep waiting for him to do a 0 for 20 and start hitting 240.  But it isn't happening.  Believe me I would love to be wrong.  Can he keep this up?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Reddick is on a role but by being inserted into the starting lineup and placing Drew on the DL it certainly helped.  Josh is now getting a steady dose of all types of pitches and pitchers which is the best experience anyone could hope for.

I believe Josh will be a very good MLP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Reddick is a very toolsy kid that has the upside of a guy that can be a very good all around big leaguer! Time will tell, if he can make the nessasary adjustments and become a more consistent hitter, after all he's only 24 and still developing. If he hit's .280 with a little pop 20 hrs-40 doubles and continues to refine his command of the zone and can manage a 340-350 OBP with his speed and glove I think we'd all take that and I don't see any reason to think he can't!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

From the start I've taken the position that long-term he'll be a solid outfielder with .260-.270ish batting average, .330 OBP, who hits 15-20 HRs a year and plays solid defense.  I saw him as a starter for a weaker team and platoon player for a stronger team (think Mark Kotsay).  

That said, the more I watch him the more I realize (and hope) I was wrong.  Love the way he plays outfield, pleasantly surprised with how well he has hung in against lefties, and the way he he just turns on the fastball.

I'm hoping that long term he's a .280+ AVG, .350+ OPB hitter with 20+ home run power who plays outstanding defense.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m