Is Salty in the witness protection program?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Is Salty in the witness protection program?

Have I missed something is Salty injured? He doesn't even get to  PH these last couple of weeks, The Sox have seen their share of lefties, which gives Shoppach a chance to play is one reason, but other than that he still can't get off the bench. Is he in Bobby V. doghouse?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Re: Is Salty in the witness protection program?

I didn't know Salty had a big ear.

Anyone know which one it is?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

I think it was more of an "He's not listening to me and is swinging from the heels on every pitch" infection instead. 

That's one heck of an ear infection to cause a fever so bad he can't play. You guys can believe it if you want.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Salty Batting averages:

June: .208
    July: .182
    August: .000

Contrary to what some here think, this is not a guy who is all that tough to pitch to. And his defense is not helping either. And his CERA is nothing positive. Giving him a break probably helps the team. I wish they would just let Lavarnway play for 2 weeks and see what happens.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In Response to Re: Is Salty in the witness protection program?:
    I think it was more of an "He's not listening to me and is swinging from the heels on every pitch" infection instead.  That's one heck of an ear infection to cause a fever so bad he can't play. You guys can believe it if you want.
    Posted by Boomerangsdotcom

Boom, I think of you as a friend here, I think you need to back of a bit

"Signs of an adult ear infection may include ear pain, fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher and dizziness. Temporary hearing loss and a feeling of blockage within the ear may develop.

Read more: What Are the Effects of an Ear Infection? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5775351_effects-ear-infection_.html#ixzz22bqtLdNa"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

if an ear infection is really bad, it can be so painful you won't be able to do anything but lie in bed until it heals

but Salty needs a platoon partner.  Shoppach should have been given more playing time but that's in the past now.  Lava and Salty should split time behind the plate now - that will help keep Salty fresh all season long........and still hit 20+ HR's......

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Salty is back in the lineup tonight. He had a bout with food poisoning last night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: Is Salty in the witness protection program? : Boom, I think of you as a friend here, I think you need to back of a bit "Signs of an adult ear infection may include ear pain, fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher and dizziness. Temporary hearing loss and a feeling of blockage within the ear may develop. Read more: What Are the Effects of an Ear Infection? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5775351_effects-ear-infection_.html#ixzz22bqtLdNa "
    Posted by Promise4you2

Hey Promise!

How did his ear infection get that bad? Does he not have medical care? When the ear ache starts he gets some antibiotic and within 24 hours it starts getting better. I doubt that he waited until he had a 100 degree temperature before talking to the medical staff about it. 

Let's assume he had an ear ache. Is it likely that it would get so bad before he got medical attention to knock him out of the lineup for several days?

Just maybe they wanted to play Lavarnway. Just maybe they tried to trade a catcher before the deadline and didn't get it done. Lavarnway was reported to be up with the big club the final day of the deadline, potentially as a contingency if a catcher was traded.

So we are to believe Shoppach had a shin injury which knocked him out of the lineup for a few days and then Salty got an ear ache a day or 2 later. 

Maybe it's true but then again maybe it's not. Coco Crisp seemed to have several mysterious injuries when Ellsbury came up also. It's a face saver sometimes when a guy is being benched for a few days. It happens. Myabe it isn't happening here but then again maybe it is. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Alex Speier WEEI.com, Red Sox Beat Writer Saltalamacchia said he's fine. Had food poisoning, not an ear infection, but he's available to play (and catch)
    Posted by 2004Idiots

So all the sudden it changes. Isn't that special. How did the story get changed and why?

I'm not saying BV or Salty are lying but it is possible they were just doing a white lie to save Salty from some embarassment. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and say probably Salty was sick. But I'm a long way from being convinced that he was. 

It happens. And I'm not faulting BV for it. If it happened the way my scenario played out, he was trying to do good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Salty is back in the lineup tonight. He had a bout with food poisoning last night.
    Posted by Fenwayjimy

Someone got their story wrong about the ear infection at the Providence Journal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In Response to Re: Is Salty in the witness protection program? : Hey Promise! How did his ear infection get that bad? Does he not have medical care? When the ear ache starts he gets some antibiotic and within 24 hours it starts getting better. I doubt that he waited until he had a 100 degree temperature before talking to the medical staff about it.  Let's assume he had an ear ache. Is it likely that it would get so bad before he got medical attention to knock him out of the lineup for several days? Just maybe they wanted to play Lavarnway. Just maybe they tried to trade a catcher before the deadline and didn't get it done. Lavarnway was reported to be up with the big club the final day of the deadline, potentially as a contingency if a catcher was traded. So we are to believe Shoppach had a shin injury which knocked him out of the lineup for a few days and then Salty got an ear ache a day or 2 later.  Maybe it's true but then again maybe it's not. Coco Crisp seemed to have several mysterious injuries when Ellsbury came up also. It's a face saver sometimes when a guy is being benched for a few days. It happens. Myabe it isn't happening here but then again maybe it is. 

Easy Boom, I was just saying based on what had been said. I personally think there are a lot of shannaigans going on, but I am not the club house rat (Pun Intended)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: Is Salty in the witness protection program? : Someone got their story wrong about the ear infection at the Providence Journal.
    Posted by Fenwayjimy

How did that happen? That sort of thing is very unusual. From an ear infection to food poisoning. For a reporter to get that wrong usually means someone told him the wrong thing. How does BV say ear infection when it is allegedly now food poisoning? He was probably trying to provide cover for Salty and just made it up. It sure sounds fishy to me. Even more now than before.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

In Response to Re: Is Salty in the witness protection program? : How did that happen? That sort of thing is very unusual. From an ear infection to food poisoning. For a reporter to get that wrong usually means someone told him the wrong thing. How does BV say ear infection when it is allegedly now food poisoning? He was probably trying to provide cover for Salty and just made it up. It sure sounds fishy to me. Even more now than before.

LOL maybe he ate some bad fish.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: Is Salty in the witness protection program? : It wasn't just the Providence Journal Bobby V told the media that Salty had an ear infection. Jacoby Ellsbury Scratched From Red Sox Lineup, Jarrod Saltalamacchia Returns From Ear Infection        When Salty came back today he told reporters that it was food poisoning.                        
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Even more reason to doubt it's veracity. It is likely BV told one story and Salty had another. What does that indicate?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Providence Journal BOSTON -- Jarrod Saltalamacchia wasn't at Fenway Park at Friday night as the catcher was dealing with what manager Bobby Valentine called "a big ear infection." According to Valentine, Saltalamacchia was not hospitalized but was suffering from a fever. The manager was hopeful Saltalamacchia would be back in uniform for Saturday's game with the Twins.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

2004Idiots linked to the Providence Journal.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In Response to Re: Is Salty in the witness protection program? : Even more reason to doubt it's veracity. It is likely BV told one story and Salty had another. What does that indicate?

Bad hammy.

Sections
Shortcuts