Is Scutaro Still Garbage?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Is Scutaro Still Garbage?

Just wondering.  Seems to me this gritty vet of AL East wars feels perfectly comfortable against the mighty Yankees.  Dunno.  maybe that is part of the reason the FO ponied up for this piece of garbage ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Is Scutaro Still Garbage?

Scutaro was never garbage, he isn't an allstar at the position, he's adequate. You can't have the best at every position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I don't know.  I read here many times that he was garbage.  And if I read it here...it must be so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I never called him garbage, but I did consider benching / DL-ing him on account of spaghetti-arm syndrome.
    Lately his grittiness / toughness and clutch hitting has ( at least in my eyes ) earned him TRUE Dirt Dog status .
    Perhaps a straight left/right platoon with Jed or Aviles can save strain on arm / throwing shoulder.
    We definitely want his presence in October after what he's shown lately, particularly vs. Rivera.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No question.  Epstein and Francona are out of their ever-loving minds.  Those 4 hits yesterday, including the double that became the tying run in the 9th, were just a cheap stunt by a desperate, unskilled, malingering, no good, stinking, rotten, non-shortstop phony.  

We need Iglesias bad.  With him at SS, we don't need anyone at 3B.  I mean the kid is that good.  Plus he never makes an error and has an arm like a rocket.  And the rumors that he can't hit are just that.  Give him a shot and he will hit just fine. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He is garbage, he "trashed" the Yankees...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Great job by Scutaro!

It will be interesting to see what Francona does with Scutaro and Lowrie.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Is Scutaro Still Garbage?:
    [QUOTE]He is garbage, he "trashed" the Yankees...
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

niiiice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]I never called him garbage, but I did consider benching / DL-ing him on account of spaghetti-arm syndrome. Lately his grittiness / toughness and clutch hitting has ( at least in my eyes ) earned him TRUE Dirt Dog status . Perhaps a straight left/right platoon with Jed or Aviles can save strain on arm / throwing shoulder. We definitely want his presence in October after what he's shown lately, particularly vs. Rivera.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

Lately??/ Didnt the guy play with one arm all of last year when Sox players everywhere were taking 5 month sabbaticals on the DL?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I never called him garbage, but I did consider benching / DL-ing him on account of spaghetti-arm syndrome. Lately his grittiness / toughness and clutch hitting has ( at least in my eyes ) earned him TRUE Dirt Dog status . Perhaps a straight left/right platoon with Jed or Aviles can save strain on arm / throwing shoulder. We definitely want his presence in October after what he's shown lately, particularly vs. Rivera.

he has been dirt dog since day 1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

but now the question is whether we will have to pick up his option. I see no other shortstop except reyes(please theo dont do it!) that is an upgrade.
    Lowrie is always hurt and can only hit lefties
    aviles can only hit lefties
    iglesias cant hit period
    i say pick up the option and if one of these three players beats him out for the position then great, he will be a good player off the bench.
    I just dont feel safe going into the season hoping lowrie, aviles, or iglesias will step up to the challenge.
    So my thinking is that we pick up his option as a safety net incase nothing else works.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a0b7938e6-8afe-491e-91e4-1e48acd961e5&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:0b7938e6-8afe-491e-91e4-1e48acd961e5Post:635b6089-bc7d-4f9a-867b-60c135db6eb8

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

Scutaro seems to be a thoughtful hitter.  He concentrates on the situation and follows through. He's gutsy and a keeper in my opinion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

He gutted it out from the moment he arrived here.  many say the Sox can't win it all with him at SS.  Those folks are incorrect.  You need gritty guys like him to win, not just superstars.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Never thought he was garbage. What irritates me about Scutaro, is that he usually looks at two strikes before he ever thinks about swinging the bat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3a0b7938e6-8afe-491e-91e4-1e48acd961e5&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion:0b7938e6-8afe-491e-91e4-1e48acd961e5Post:635b6089-bc7d-4f9a-867b-60c135db6eb8
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Read this thread to zero in on who may have called him garbage.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

he's not garbage....maybe slight litter, but definitely not garbage...Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Scutaro Still Garbage? : He gutted it out from the moment he arrived here.  many saythe Sox can't win it all with him at SS.  Those folks are incorrect.  You need gritty guys like him to win, not just superstars.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

And I'm one of them. We'll see where these posters are when he pulls his normal choke in the field...at the most critical time in the post season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Scutaro Still Garbage? : And I'm one of them. We'll see where these posters are when he pulls his normal choke in the field...at the most critical time in the post season.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, but I don't agree.

Scutaro will make some blunders in the field, but he can also make some great plays. After that bad inning in that one Lackey start a couple weeks ago, he went through a string of games where it seemed he was make strong plays every game. (Board was quiet on those.)

Because he's a SS, his mistakes might be magnified, but Scutaro should be the exact type of players fans root for -- gritty, a guy who plays through injuries and gets every bit out of what talent he has and then some. And he'll go though stretches where he always seems to be getting a clutch hit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Roy, this guy is a human choke in key situations in the field. I've seen it too many times in his Boston tenure. He's a decent hitting SS. But when it comes down to crunch time, it's the fielding that takes precedent.

I admire him for his guts. But he is what he is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

he's a decent and consistent SS who's on a roll.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I am happy for his play against the Yankees and again tonight but isn't Funny how this surge comes just as Lowrie is ready to play !! LOL 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]No question.  Epstein and Francona are out of their ever-loving minds.  Those 4 hits yesterday, including the double that became the tying run in the 9th, were just a cheap stunt by a desperate, unskilled, malingering, no good, stinking, rotten, non-shortstop phony.   We need Iglesias bad.  With him at SS, we don't need anyone at 3B.  I mean the kid is that good.  Plus he never makes an error and has an arm like a rocket.  And the rumors that he can't hit are just that.  Give him a shot and he will hit just fine. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Yo!  Producer Max Bialystock, you're finally living up to your name. 

Sections
Shortcuts