Is Swish coming to Fenway?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Re: Is Swish coming to Fenway?

Good to see Sox will not be extending themselves for Swish, and also glad he's out of the Bronx.  I guess this puts some pressure to resolve the Napoli issue.  The only options seem to be Napoli, LaRoche or maybe a Mauro Gomez/Carlos Pena-type platoon at first.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

Wow. I would say that's a pretty big overpay.

14M/yr for Swisher as opposed to 13M/yr for Victorino. Yeah, that a real big overpay!
    What say you and I make a bet on who produces more?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Hypocrites all! If we had gotten Swisher, it would have been the FA signing of the year to same people who are now saying good riddance!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

14M/yr for Swisher as opposed to 13M/yr for Victorino. Yeah, that a real big overpay!

Just another post from a Yankee fan alias who wants to pretend we were ever getting Swisher. LOL

You supposedly live on the west coast and were raised as a Dodgers fan. Somehow, which you've never explained, you decided to become a Sox fan just so you can       about the Sox day in and day out. Something's wrong with this picture.

FTR, I think your supposed original team is doing quite well. Why don't you go to their team boards and tell them how much you hate their team? I'm sure they'd love it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

i don't think anyone would disagree they overpaid for Victorino, but his defense in RF and ability to play CF if Ells is hurt or traded is something Swisher could not give.  Little doubt Swisher will have more HRs and RBI but their overall value will likely be comparable.  Swish would have been a good option for 1B but not worth 4 or 5 year deal in my view.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

I wouldn't have minded Swisher at that price...thought he'd get more, in fact.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to phxvlsoxfan's comment:

Good to see Sox will not be extending themselves for Swish, and also glad he's out of the Bronx.  I guess this puts some pressure to resolve the Napoli issue.  The only options seem to be Napoli, LaRoche or maybe a Mauro Gomez/Carlos Pena-type platoon at first.

Good thought on the Pena platoon--I was for that as well for a while unfortunately he signed with the Astros last week.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What's the wager? And are we counting D? Possibly assists?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I would have rather had him than Victorino. Swisher is a swith hitter and can play first base as well as right field. He would have been more economical than Victorino at 39 million for three years, plus he has hit in the American League East.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Id rather trade for Garrett Jones in the hanrahan deal. LHH 1b/OF not a FA until 2016...A trade that fills a need now and for the future.

Sections
Shortcuts