Is the plural of Doofus doofuses or doofi?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Is the plural of Doofus doofuses or doofi?

The Red Sox are now tied for the 2nd wild card spot.

Where are all the chicken little doofi with their doom-and-gloom posts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Is the plural of Doofus doofuses or doofi?

I wouldn't malign the critics, not by a long shot.  The Sox right now are fun to argue about because they are so up and down.  The pitching is excellent, the hitting is not.  The road team is better than the home team, go figure.  Napoli, he of the prodigious beard, is the best player on the team, bar none.  The youngsters--Bogaerts, Bradley, and Middlebrooks--are struggling but not enough to send them down because there is no one in the minors who is ready to replace any one of them, and it is a little too early for deals.  Before the season, I figured Bogaerts would be fine, but so far he isn't.  And I figured Bradley would struggle and was thus delighted with the health of Sizemore who figured to start in CF.  But Bradley is clearly the best at CF and he just might be starting to hit.  And MBR continues to be a mystery albeit a short term one (17 games, 57 at bats).  The rotation overall is good, but Doubront and Buchholz continue to struggle.  Bullpen is very good despite Mujica, their second most expensive arm.  Miller so far is astonishing--ah, blessed control. 

No, sir.  I don't mind the critics one bit even though right now I am feeling pretty upbeat.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I would argue that they are doofi because they were criticising the team after 5-10 games!  Of course, they "all saw it coming in Spring Training", they knew the Sox did nothing to improve themselves over the winter, couldn't win with {enter unsubstantiated opinion here}, ad nauseum et infinitum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't malign the critics, not by a long shot.  The Sox right now are fun to argue about because they are so up and down.  The pitching is excellent, the hitting is not.  The road team is better than the home team, go figure.  Napoli, he of the prodigious beard, is the best player on the team, bar none.  The youngsters--Bogaerts, Bradley, and Middlebrooks--are struggling but not enough to send them down because there is no one in the minors who is ready to replace any one of them, and it is a little too early for deals.  Before the season, I figured Bogaerts would be fine, but so far he isn't.  And I figured Bradley would struggle and was thus delighted with the health of Sizemore who figured to start in CF.  But Bradley is clearly the best at CF and he just might be starting to hit.  And MBR continues to be a mystery albeit a short term one (17 games, 57 at bats).  The rotation overall is good, but Doubront and Buchholz continue to struggle.  Bullpen is very good despite Mujica, their second most expensive arm.  Miller so far is astonishing--ah, blessed control. 

No, sir.  I don't mind the critics one bit even though right now I am feeling pretty upbeat.  

[/QUOTE] B I N G O  DAT   !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are one game over .500. Guess we should pass out the rings right away!

Seriously, the team still has many areas for improvement, though there are certainly some positives as well. When you are 10th in runs scored in the AL and two of your SP have ERAs over 5 you can hardly be called a juggernaut. Fans who take this into consideration can hardly be called "doofi". I would submit that those who see only roses and perfume would better fit the bill.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are one game over .500. Guess we should pass out the rings right away!

Seriously, the team still has many areas for improvement, though there are certainly some positives as well. When you are 10th in runs scored in the AL and two of your SP have ERAs over 5 you can hardly be called a juggernaut. Fans who take this into consideration can hardly be called "doofi". I would submit that those who see only roses and perfume would better fit the bill.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Sox have struggled thus far. But their opponents in the AL East have not exactly had a hot start either. That is why we shouldn't overreact to the bad start for our team. If one team was really taking control of the division, I would be more concerned. At least the Red Sox have had a slightly positive trend lately and overall their pitching has been effective. If their hitting does not improve, they very well could be a .500 team. But I don't think things are as dire as some fans do. I will give them another month to see how things pan out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would submit that you only qualify as a true doofus if you start threads with titles like:

'Pathetic Team and Management'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Hfxsoxnut, sadly, I am inclined to agree.  It is possible to go too far. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

bill is obtuse

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. 'SON OF DAD' is well-read and well-spoken. He, along with his DAD, had a lot of impact in assisting Ben C in constructing this present day SOX team. He, along with his DAD worked tirelessly with the BDC in making this forum a kindler and gentler place to be.

Plus, 'SON OF DAD' served in the 'Classified' section of the Navy, and they don't promote just anyone into that department. 

Thank you 'SON OF DAD' for making all of us SOX fans much more knowledgeable about our team. Also, your political comments are 'spot on.'

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bill is obtuse

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. 'SON OF DAD' is well-read and well-spoken. He, along with his DAD, had a lot of impact in assisting Ben C in constructing this present day SOX team. He, along with his DAD worked tirelessly with the BDC in making this forum a kindler and gentler place to be.

Plus, 'SON OF DAD' served in the 'Classified' section of the Navy, and they don't promote just anyone into that department. 

Thank you 'SON OF DAD' for making all of us SOX fans much more knowledgeable about our team. Also, your political comments are 'spot on.'

[/QUOTE]Thank You, Now you just remember to "walk that line"  !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bill is obtuse

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, most noble one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bill is obtuse

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, most noble one.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome back, Bogie.  Where you went wrong is that you should have been spewing racist insults like the moronic evil Algernon-666 instead of criticising and making fun of the moronic evil Algernon-666.  Remember, around these parts, in words Algernon might be able to understand:  Four racist comments good, two joking rebuttals bad.

Sections
Shortcuts