Is the sky falling?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigdog1. Show bigdog1's posts

Is the sky falling?

Guy's I know the Sox have not been playing well but please take a look what's going on!  They are hurting,  Buch has been gone all season, Youk is really hurting, Lowrie hasn't been in the lineup all that much, Becket is hurting, if the truth about Bard was known I think he is hurting as well.  This is the time of year where the season is grinding down and the player's are hurting.  I have never been a Franconia fan, I know the player's play hard for him, but he is worse strategist I have ever seen!  I cannot blame this on Theo though, unless he wanted these guy's to be hurt.  Theo just can't trade the farm for a quick fix, A)  there nothing out there to trade for!  B)  If Theo did make a trade you guy's would be complaining he gave up to much.  Guy's our team is really hurting!!  Give them a break and hope they can gets some momentum going before the playoff!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

Re: Is the sky falling?

In Response to Is the sky falling?:
    Guy's I know the Sox have not been playing well but please take a look what's going on!  They are hurting,  Buch has been gone all season, Youk is really hurting, Lowrie hasn't been in the lineup all that much, Becket is hurting, if the truth about Bard was known I think he is hurting as well.  This is the time of year where the season is grinding down and the player's are hurting.  I have never been a Franconia fan, I know the player's play hard for him, but he is worse strategist I have ever seen!  I cannot blame this on Theo though, unless he wanted these guy's to be hurt.  Theo just can't trade the farm for a quick fix, A)  there nothing out there to trade for!  B)  If Theo did make a trade you guy's would be complaining he gave up to much.  Guy's our team is really hurting!!  Give them a break and hope they can gets some momentum going before the playoff!! 
    Posted by bigdog1

the difference between this and an onion is .. no one cries when you chop this up.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Poor excuse to claim the team is hurting. Do you think other teams are not? Good teams finds ways to win when hurting. They don't use it an as excuse. Oh they have momentum, unfortunately it is for racking up series losses. And all this is wasted since the Yanks can't get a win either as of late. Don't look now, but here come the Rays. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

In Response to Re: Is the sky falling?:
    Poor excuse to claim the team is hurting. Do you think other teams are not? Good teams finds ways to win when hurting. They don't use it an as excuse. Oh they have momentum, unfortunately it is for racking up series losses. And all this is wasted since the Yanks can't get a win either as of late. Don't look now, but here come the Rays. 
    Posted by antiqueman1

It was a valid excuse last year and everyone agreed on it. Nineteen on the DL including four position players for months. The argument is binary. There is a grey area. One can often say that injuries were a PART of the poor performance - not 100% the reason or not 0% the reason. No need to bicker or debate the point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Pawtucket got swept in the play-offs, yet we let Lavarnway sit on the bench. This makes no sense to me.
    Posted by bobbysu

The Pawtucket fans have got to pretty upset. Sox call up their best hitter after the team they supported all year starts the playoffs. We all understand that the Sox needs come first , but what have they done with Lavarnway?  He never plays. Last night , the hopeless Darnell pinch hits while Lavarnway sits.  What was the reason for calling him up?   It makes no sense to me , either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

In Response to Is the sky falling?:
    Posted by bigdog1

Is the Sky falling???????  No!!!!!!!!  It's just the ground rising very fast!!!!

I like antiqueman1 above me here am not going to let the obvious fact that this team is hurting pass as an excuse.  This is becoming a pattern each year by July.  First it's one guy, then another, and then another....... At this point they may as well turn Fenway into a hospital.   This year it started even sooner than July, with Dice K, and Buch........  I don't even bother counting Drew since it seems he can't even stand up without getting hurt. 

Theo needed to find a way to respond way back then before it got out of control but he did nothing. Maybe all he honestly could do was to add another walking wounded to the MASH unit I don't know, but for whatever reason, clearly he failed to do his job in a way that actually helped.  Sorry but this isn't high school any more where a good try may keep you from getting a failing grade. This is the real world and it's only results that are taken into consideration.  So look at the results!!!!!!!

So what is left to do?  Francona needed to juggle everything around game after game trying to plug all the gaps and as a result everyone is pressing so hard all the wheels eventually just come off!! 

When a team this gifted goes this bad all across the board, you can't place the blame on one person or thing..........  There is a lot of blame for everyone to own up to.......

This off season the FO had better get themselves together and do a lot of self evaluation. A winning attitude starts there, and frankly to me from Theo on up it seems they simply just don't care as long as we keep filling the ball park!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

This season is over for the Red Sox. We won't even make the playoffs. Way too many injuries, no starting pitching past Lester. If somehow we do make it in, it will be one and done quickly. Really sad season, given all the hoopla. Other than Ells, Gonzo, Pedey, Beckett and to a lesser degree Lester, the rest of the team has underperformed horribly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

This season is over for the Red Sox. We won't even make the playoffs. Way too many injuries, no starting pitching past Lester. If somehow we do make it in, it will be one and done quickly. Really sad season, given all the hoopla. Other than Ells, Gonzo, Pedey, Beckett and to a lesser degree Lester, the rest of the team has underperformed horribly.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor
    yep.. that about sums it up

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FIJISOXFAN. Show FIJISOXFAN's posts

I still think they can make the playoffs, because the only thing keeping them in is the Yankees have lost 4 in a row as well.  I thought as long as they win just 1 game in this series, and another in the 4 game set . . . it will be tough for the Rays to comeback.  Remember, they also have to play the Yankees 7 times . . . . As long as the Yankees keep losing, and those 7 games become important . . . the Sox are in it. If the Yankees ran away with it, then those last 7 games would be meaningless and they could lay down against the Rays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I agree.  Even if the Rays sweep the Red Sox today, they still have to face the Yankees seven times. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Other than Ells, Gonzo, Pedey, Beckett and to a lesser degree Lester, the rest of the team has underperformed horribly

Salty, Tek, Scutaro, Papi, Paps, and Aceves have way over-performed.

I get the sense you wanted to insult the RS, but didn't want to spend much time thinking about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by antiqueman1

Not an excuse so much as a fact.

If a team figures to play .600, they'll play over .600 when they have all their guys, and under .600 when they're missing guys.  Right now, we're missing guys.  We've effectively replaced Beckett, Buchholz, and Bedard with Wakefield, Miller, and Weiland.

When we get those three back, we should play much better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Other than Ells, Gonzo, Pedey, Beckett and to a lesser degree Lester, the rest of the team has underperformed horribly Salty, Tek, Scutaro, Papi, Paps, and Aceves have way over-performed. I get the sense you wanted to insult the RS, but didn't want to spend much time thinking about it.
    Posted by Joebreidey

Sure Joey. Salty has not exactly torn the league up, but I would take his performance. Even with him we have just 10 players on our 25 man roster who are in your judgment, performing. How do you explain the others? Crawford. Jenks. Lackey. Wakefield. Varitek. McDonald. Morales. Albers (the current version). Even Gonzalez has packed it in for the most part against good teams and fattened up his numbers against the also-rans, Texas being  the exception. It is you who should do more thinking before you post here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

It isn't.

I CHECKED!

Laughing

(Oh, by the way, I'm sorry I don't have stats to back up my post!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Posted by antiqueman1

Why don't you compare some of the other teams' injuries for us "antiqueman1"?

Sections
Shortcuts