Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!!

In Response to Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!! : That must be the case. And Middlebrooks is out for the season, so there's no way he's only 23.
    Posted by ThefourBs[/QUOTE]

Yep, a real 23 year old would have been quick enough to get his wrist out of the way of that pitch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Bill, I never thought I would say this, as, underneath all the bizarre all-caps bluster and Dizzy Dean sentence structure, i know you are a good baseball mand and a good guy, but, you make me sick.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If the team as a whole had performed on any level that Sox fans are used to seeing, this would be a moot point and we would be extolling the great season Papi had and saying how sorry we were to see his injury occur and wish him the best for a comeback next year...arguing only about how much and how long his contract should be.

Though I am not a fan of having a one dimensional player in the DH spot, it is hard to argue with the production the Sox get from Papi.  I do tend to believe that on the FA market you could replace Papi's production...but how long would you have to give for a contract to get that kind of hitter?  Sox and long term contracts are oxymorons.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Hope Ortiz comes back healthy and contributes mightily to the rest of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Bill, I never thought I would say this, as, underneath all the bizarre all-caps bluster and Dizzy Dean sentence structure, i know you are a good baseball mand and a good guy, but, you make me sick.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]And Mr. Spaceman, your reaction to my post is a little over the top.....  Heck, you are one of the most respected of posters in my eyes......  Why am I being thrown under the bus for stating what is most likely the TRUTH ???   I hate to say it, but PAPI is not coming back and the posters of this board should get use to that !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Papi made an unforgiveable mistake. He got injured. Red Sox "fans" can't have that! He has to go!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Papi made an unforgiveable mistake. He got injured. Red Sox "fans" can't have that! He has to go!
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]Thats Baseball......  Heck, this is a business, son, not LITTLE League !!!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!! : And Mr. Spaceman, your reaction to my post is a little over the top.....  Heck, you are one of the most respected of posters in my eyes......  Why am I being thrown under the bus for stating what is most likely the TRUTH ???   I hate to say it, but PAPI is not coming back and the posters of this board should get use to that !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

But, Bill, there is sooooo much doubt that D.O. is done.  Why would he be?  Did his degenerative hip crumble?  Did he sustain his final concussion?  Tear his ACL?  Um, no.  His injury is hardly career-ending.  And, point to his age all you like, he has been an absolute beast for the season and a half prior to this annoying little injury.  Why in the world is he done?  Now, is he done as a Red Stocking because the club may not be willing to pick up his contract given the albatrosses plaguing the payroll elswehere?  OK, more solid topic.  But you are just posting hyperbolic drivel when you see he is done no doubt Bill.  Really, I expect more from you.  Not sure why.  But I do.  Dad does too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I would not run out and throw 15 million a year away on him. I would let him get a taste of the market and see what it is like for a one dimensional player. This team has too many other needs to throw 30 million dollars away at him. I love David Ortiz And will be forever grateful but business is business and no one is going to pay him 16 million a year at this point next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Ortiz is forever one of the best players the Sox ever had.  DH or not.  They could throw him on first base if they want, lots of terrible defensive guys are "two dimensional".  But how many guys can sit on the bench all game, walk in, and crush home runs?  At a steady pace?   He is the best.  Don't even try and belittle what that has meant to this team.  

Hope he gets back soon, he is an All Star, our ONLY All Star, and by far the best team respresentative the Sox ever had.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz is forever one of the best players the Sox ever had.  DH or not.  They could throw him on first base if they want, lots of terrible defensive guys are "two dimensional".  But how many guys can sit on the bench all game, walk in, and crush home runs?  At a steady pace?   He is the best.  Don't even try and belittle what that has meant to this team.   Hope he gets back soon, he is an All Star, our ONLY All Star, and by far the best team respresentative the Sox ever had.  
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is there any doubt?? BIG PAPI is DONE!!!!!! : But, Bill, there is sooooo much doubt that D.O. is done.  Why would he be?  Did his degenerative hip crumble?  Did he sustain his final concussion?  Tear his ACL?  Um, no.  His injury is hardly career-ending.  And, point to his age all you like, he has been an absolute beast for the season and a half prior to this annoying little injury.  Why in the world is he done?  Now, is he done as a Red Stocking because the club may not be willing to pick up his contract given the albatrosses plaguing the payroll elswehere?  OK, more solid topic.  But you are just posting hyperbolic drivel when you see he is done no doubt Bill.  Really, I expect more from you.  Not sure why.  But I do.  Dad does too.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]Spaceman.....  You & I both know that you can't place baseball on a bad heel !!!   He is done !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Here we go again with the "best DH ever" nonsense.

He has no competition. It's like being the tallest man in Japan, or the fattest guy in Ethiopia...consider his surroundings.

Yeah, his numbers have been fine....if you want to ignore the volumes he's spat out of his mouth.

I guess production is all that matters to most. What a shallow, weak way to view someone. I wouldn't order from the soup nazi, regardless of how good the soup is. I don't care what Ortiz' production has been when he's whined about contracts for 3 years running among PLENTY of other carp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Here we go again with the "best DH ever" nonsense. He has no competition. It's like being the tallest man in Japan, or the fattest guy in Ethiopia...consider his surroundings. Yeah, his numbers have been fine....if you want to ignore the volumes he's spat out of his mouth. I guess production is all that matters to most. What a shallow, weak way to view someone. I wouldn't order from the soup nazi, regardless of how good the soup is. I don't care what Ortiz' production has been when he's whined about contracts for 3 years running among PLENTY of other carp.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

I just look at him as one of the best hitters in the league, and that's a fact.

Look, David has said and done a few things in recent years that I haven't cared for.  But he's not a bad guy at all, and he has had a great career with us. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

dragon, two points:  I don't think what Ortiz has said is very bad at all, certainly not in relative terms, and 2) managers are not really paid to deal with guys like Stan Musial, Mo Rivera, and Yaz - they largely manage themselves - they are paid to deal with the loudmouths, whiners, troublemakers, the unmotivated, etc.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Well, we are in Baltimore..... Still not in the lineup anytime soooon !!!  Can't play, if ya can't run/twist/stride/step to/ or even walk !!!

Sections
Shortcuts