In response to Promise4you2's comment:

So sad what has happened to this forum.

+10

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

Re: Is this a Red Sox fan

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Pumpsie is full of it.

Full of what Conan?  Who do you or anyone else come off trying to say what is a Red Sox fan and what isn't?  People react to the team in different ways.  If we think the team is dogging it or he pitching is less than desired, some of us are not going to sit still and pretend that black is white.  Those types who see no evil, speak no evil or hear nothing uttered in their presence have been called pollyannas.  Still, if that's their choice, fine.  Let them cheer no matter what.  However, let those of us who haven't liked what we've seen this month to speak their mind without being accused of disloyalty.  For my part, I think my former favorite Ellsbury has been a crud this season and is hurting our offense.  I would now like to see the g uy traded away.

For me I am not saying anyone isn’t a fan, just that the negativity can have an adverse affect on the ball club. What makes you and others who bash the team so entitled? The Red Sox put together a product that we as fans can either like or dislike as is our right as American citizens. The way you show disliking the product is to not support it by avoiding going to Fenway and not buying souvenirs. To openly voice displeasure against players who are giving it all is wrong. There has never been any player that can live up to the ideals and standards that are demanded by people on this forum, and in their efforts to appease the masses find themselves struggling under the scrutiny of the fans. This is entertainment; if you are not entertained don’t watch! It has nothing to do with pollyanna, it has to do with supporting the product in the hope that they will improve and entertain!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

ummm.  yes.

try living in NJ with the following licesne plate:

RDS0X

go to Yankee stadium for about 100 yanks vs RS games in a Sox hat and then tell me who the real fan is.

i dislike lackey.  big deal.  do i have to love him because we signed him to a contract?  no i do not. 

do i hope the RS win every single game?  yes i do.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n637/slasher9/rear2_zps6b3f638a.jpg

go back to your hole and dont worry whether or not i am a "real" fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

btw - i hardly ever "bash' the RS.  i dislike lackey and i do not think middlebrooks will end up being a valuable MLB 3rd baseman.

i also do not like the idea of giving seasons away with rebuilding years.  but i understand they do need to happen.   that doesnt mean i have to be happy about it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to taz1956's comment:

Jim,

Unfortunately it seams that many Boston fans have lost the nerve to believe in the players. Over the course of 162 games there are many ebb and flows that can feel much like a rollercoaster ride if one doesn’t learn to relax! Even Ted Williams had times when he looked like a second rate player and I doubt he would’ve been as great without the fan support. We have lots of talent on this team that is struggling to find an identity with all of the negativity surrounding them. No matted how disappointed I may be with the play of the team I strongly believe in supporting them and hope that my positive vibe will help them to play better. I remember sitting in Fenway Park, down 5 runs, with 2 outs, in the bottom of the ninth, and 30,000 people screaming their support. And when they lost the fans still cheered the effort. That is why Boston developed the reputation as a great baseball town. Unfortunately the cynics have taken over and the fun is going out of the game!

no offense but my dislike for lackey goes back to his sniveling days on the mound vs RS when he was an angel.  it has nothing to do with cynicism.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think slasher said something about scoring 10 runs to lacks 8 though.

yes, it was a followup post in that thread when i realized there was some thought of "troll".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

oh, and how far does my loyalty go?

is there anyone else on this board with a son born in 2005 that is named Manny?

not manuel, but Manny?

thanks for playing is slasher a RS fan or isn't he......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I think slasher said something about scoring 10 runs to lacks 8 though.

yes, it was a followup post in that thread when i realized there was some thought of "troll".

I didnt want that to go unnoticed slasher. You still wanted the team to win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

No she/he isn't.

thanks for playing but....wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

No they are not a fan in the least. I wasn't a fan of Beckett but I wanted him to throw a no-hitter every time out.

i bet you also have a jose canseco RS jersey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

+1000

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

slasher may be a red sox fan but is also a lib-tard

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

I'd rather talk about the avatar.

Nice observation, Burrito!...  Laughing

If I posted a picture of my wife in her red catsuit, some people here would instantly condemn to hell forever...

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

If I posted a picture of my wife in her red catsuit, some people here would instantly condemn to hell forever...

I don't buy that for a minute!

Prove it! Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

I don't buy that for a minute!

Prove it! Wink

yeah, prove it Sealed

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts