1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Is this a Red Sox fan

Seriously what RS fans would wish this on their pitcher????

• slasher9
    • First: 9/22/2006
    • Last: 5/15/2013

lackey is abhorable.

i pray he gives up 8 earned everytime out.

his contract is slightly behind arod and pujols for WOAT.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Is this a Red Sox fan

Although i am not a fan of lackey, i would never want any of our pitchers giving up 8 runs. If anything, Id hope they did well to help us or at the very least become attractive for a trade.

I think slasher said something about scoring 10 runs to lacks 8 though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

No she/he isn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

No they are not a fan in the least. I wasn't a fan of Beckett but I wanted him to throw a no-hitter every time out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

• slasher9

lackey is abhorable.

To be fair, Slasher did offer a qualifying statement, where he said he hopes the team score 10 runs.

But, that is a harsh sentiment to have for any Red sox player.

Lackey came to camp in great shape. He obviously wants to do well.

I hope he does.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

• slasher9

lackey is abhorable.

Seriously, Seriously, Seriously, We only have Buck, and Lester and everyone else is guess work and i hope.......Seriously !!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

• slasher9

lackey is abhorable.

Seriously, Seriously, Seriously, We only have Buck, and Lester and everyone else is guess work and i hope.......Seriously !!!!

don would you please look at both Lackeys and Dempsters numbers Lackey was under 3 up to the other nights fiasco catwalk game. Dempster is under 4,00 and both with any run support could have 5 wins In 16 starts they have given up 3 or less in 12. If you look at all the othe ALE teams the RS have the best 3/4/5 starters . Look at the numbers not just the last game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

• slasher9

lackey is abhorable.

don would you please look at both Lackeys and Dempsters numbers Lackey was under 3 up to the other nights fiasco catwalk game. Dempster is under 4,00 and both with any run support could have 5 wins In 16 starts they have given up 3 or less in 12. If you look at all the othe ALE teams the RS have the best 3/4/5 starters . Look at the numbers not just the last game.

Jim,

Unfortunately it seams that many Boston fans have lost the nerve to believe in the players. Over the course of 162 games there are many ebb and flows that can feel much like a rollercoaster ride if one doesn’t learn to relax! Even Ted Williams had times when he looked like a second rate player and I doubt he would’ve been as great without the fan support. We have lots of talent on this team that is struggling to find an identity with all of the negativity surrounding them. No matted how disappointed I may be with the play of the team I strongly believe in supporting them and hope that my positive vibe will help them to play better. I remember sitting in Fenway Park, down 5 runs, with 2 outs, in the bottom of the ninth, and 30,000 people screaming their support. And when they lost the fans still cheered the effort. That is why Boston developed the reputation as a great baseball town. Unfortunately the cynics have taken over and the fun is going out of the game!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Been to Fenway when there were 15,000 and they were in last place still supported my Red Sox

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from taz1956. Show taz1956's posts

Been to Fenway when there were 15,000 and they were in last place still supported my Red Sox

Me too just was using the first one that came to mind. Many posters here would be booing before the game even started!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

For some fans its not always about cheering. Some fans-who are just as much a fan as anybody else-boos bad performances and lack of effort. Booing comes with the territory; its as old as the hills. Its not for everybody, but it is not the dividing line between who is and who is not a fan. Neither you or I am in a position to tell someone else how they must behave in order to be a real fan. IMO the best fans are critical of their team-besides wanting what is best for the team at all times. Sometimes that even involves wanting them to lose some games for the greater good of the franchise. IMO a fan is someone who wants what is best for the team at all times, no more and no less.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Pumpsie is full of it.

Conan always amazes me when some one says lack off effort. I do not see one player on this team lacking in effort. As a matter of fact in my 55 yrs of watching I have seen only one player not give 100% and that was on occasion it was Manny when he pulled some of his Manny being Manny things. E

No player is ever dogging it they have too much at stake to not put in the effort.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Pumpsie is full of it.

Full of what Conan?  Who do you or anyone else come off trying to say what is a Red Sox fan and what isn't?  People react to the team in different ways.  If we think the team is dogging it or he pitching is less than desired, some of us are not going to sit still and pretend that black is white.  Those types who see no evil, speak no evil or hear nothing uttered in their presence have been called pollyannas.  Still, if that's their choice, fine.  Let them cheer no matter what.  However, let those of us who haven't liked what we've seen this month to speak their mind without being accused of disloyalty.  For my part, I think my former favorite Ellsbury has been a crud this season and is hurting our offense.  I would now like to see the g uy traded away.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

• slasher9

lackey is abhorable.

No matter what he says, he always makes a couple of good points every time he posts.

Though they are hardly anything to do with baseball

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts