Is This a.500 Team at the All-Star Break?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

Is This a.500 Team at the All-Star Break?

Fair question.

2 1/2 months in, and they're not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

Re: Is This a.500 Team at the All-Star Break?

IF Buchholz has completely morphed back into 2010 model Clay, Lester grows some cojones, Pedroia starts playing like the Laser Show again, we get a real , healthy closer back SOON, Dice-K can halve the 7.2 ERA while giving us 6 1 /3 regularly, AND Youk + prospects are traded for a decent # 2 or # 3 starter...........then we have a chance to compete.

Am mildly optimistic but not holding my breath...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Have you read this guy's profile?

Here's my favorites just from the first page:

4/20 On Schillng:

..Probably couldn't find the right ketchup for his socks... Happens to me all the time...

2/6 On the Giants edging Pats:

Cheaters never win, winners never cheat.

At least you can look forward to the Baseball season...
    ...or not.....

He has more from Oct. and Nov. Again, right on the front page. There couldn't be a more obvious alias.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

A last place finish in the A.L. East is starting to look like a forgone conclusion !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Is This a.500 Team at the All-Star Break?:
    [QUOTE]A last place finish in the A.L. East is starting to look like a forgone conclusion !
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

well, think about it - the only team they are better than in the division is the Jays.  That's it.  Even with 5 teams now making the playoffs the Sox will have no shot. 

I am not sure if John and Larry realize just how far they have fallen......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is This a.500 Team at the All-Star Break? : well, think about it - the only team they are better than in the division is the Jays.  That's it.  Even with 5 teams now making the playoffs the Sox will have no shot.  I am not sure if John and Larry realize just how far they have fallen......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't even say they are better than the Jays. The Sox are dead last & going nowhere quickly. You are giving them too much credit. Lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Bottom line is that teams used to hate coming to Fenway and now they love it.  It's like a guaranteed series to win and a chance to pad some individual stats. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]Do they play like a better than 500 team?  Actually, they do: Pythagorean W-L: 31-28.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Pythagoras ?

Who's HE play for ?

I bet he couldn't hit MY stuff !

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is This a.500 Team at the All-Star Break? : not sure i agree that everyone should be ashamed of themselves, but a-gone and lester should definitely be ashamed. they're both making big bucks and both are a disgrace. 
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

I considered a handful of guys who are playing well but then at the end of the day, it's a team game and this team is terrible.  I am starting to think you have to blame the entire organization.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The Red Sox look like a team that has no strong desire to win. 

Pedro, Schilling, Trot Nixon, Damon, Millar, etc. were guys who played hard and had a lot of fun while doing so.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]The Red Sox look like a team that has no strong desire to win.  Pedro, Schilling, Trot Nixon, Damon, Millar, etc. were guys who played hard and had a lot of fun while doing so.   
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

Amen to that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Another concern:  Every team in the AL East is doing pretty good (including the O's and Blue Jays).

The Angels are starting to heat up and the Indians and White Sox are doing quite well.

The Red Sox need to wake up.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Is This a.500 Team at the All-Star Break?": ....and you say you're not pike. Pike is the only one I know of on here that goes back and checks posting histories and emails to try and catch someone in something....Ironically, I agree with everything you said.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I check when they start a negative thread and I don't know them. It's pretty much common sense to do that.

And the reason you only see Pike and I doing that is because posters get beat up for doing that here. They can, however, attack positive threads, and that's OK. That, to me, is abnormal on a team message board. IMO this board wouldn't even be this way if posters didn't support these kind of posters who don't show up to talk about the Sox, they just show up to get negative conversations going.

FTR if you put it up, I have the right to post my opinion about it. And in case you haven't noticed, calling me Pike hasn't stopped me from doing it. The origin of calling me Pike was started by Zac to try and stop me from saying negative things about the Yankees. That hasn't worked either.

This site is advertised at the games. It's horrifying to think that anyone who reads this board believes these are all Sox fans beating up the Sox, when they're not.

Btw, has he shown up to discuss his OP? No.

Sections
Shortcuts