Is this One of the Best Starting Staff in the League?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Frank Montas

Jamie Callahan

Simon Mercedes

Cody Kukuk

Sergio Gomez

(The NY-Penn League's Lowell Spinners)

How about the Greenville drive?

Brian Johnson, Pat Light, Ty Buttrey, William Cuevas, & Justin Haley?

The Salem Red Sox?

Henry Owens, Noe Ramirez, Mickey Pena, Kyle Stroup, & Mike McCarthy?

The Portland Sea Dogs?

Barnes, Britton, Workman, Ranaudo, & Couch

or

The Pawtucket Red Sox?

Webster, de la Rosa, Wright, Hernandez, & Doyle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Re: Is this One of the Best Starting Staff in the League?

I like the Lowell staff and Greenville. I think we have some high upside guys in AA and AAA. Overall I bet the minors guys do very well this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Frank Montas

Jamie Callahan

Simon Mercedes

Cody Kukuk

Sergio Gomez

I prefer these Spinners:

Henry Fambrough

Bobbie Smith

Charlton Washington

Marvin Taylor

Jessie Robert Peck

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Ranaudo can rebound, AA's rotation can be one of the best IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

Frank Montas

Jamie Callahan

Simon Mercedes

Cody Kukuk

Sergio Gomez

I prefer these Spinners:

Henry Fambrough

Bobbie Smith

Charlton Washington

Marvin Taylor

Jessie Robert Peck

The Sheriff is back in town!

Good one! They all throw some mean sliders & change-ups!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You keep me thinking and looking deeper than I usually do, Moon.

This is a complete study project for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think Noe Ramirez is someone to watch and the rest of that rotation as well...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:

I may be a bit too optimistic here, but I love the depth of our farm starting pitching. As a Sox fan, I'm not sure I have ever said that before.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I may be a bit too optimistic here, but I love the depth of our farm starting pitching. As a Sox fan, I'm not sure I have ever said that before.

I know I have never said it.  Always dreamed it would be there, but never felt it was a strength.

Zac just shared Nieves outlook on the big clubs starters ... he seems pumped about them too ...   Maybe, just maybe, my friend, we will be sweet at all levels

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I know I have never said it.  Always dreamed it would be there, but never felt it was a strength.

Zac just shared Nieves outlook on the big clubs starters ... he seems pumped about them too ...   Maybe, just maybe, my friend, we will be sweet at all levels

I wish I could get pumped up about our big club starters, but I see it this way:

I'd rather have an odd year of Beckett than Dempster.

I'd rather have Lackey than Dice-K, Cook and Bard as starters.

That's about even.

We had a horrible starting 5 last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

It would be hard to top the Opening Day rotation of last year's Jackson Generals in the Double A Southern League: Taijuan Walker (25 starts), Brandon Maurer (24), James Paxton (21), Danny Hultzen (13) and Andrew Carraway (7).

Maurer was named the league's Most Outstanding Pitcher in 2012 even though Walker, Hultzen and Paxton entered the season as Baseball America's 20th-, 21st- and 52nd-ranked prospects, respectively.

Entering the 2012 season, Baseball America named the Jackson Generals the most talented team in minor league baseball:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2012/04/top-10-minor-league-teams-on-opening-day/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Great post!  I love looking at the projected rosters on soxprospects.com I was thinking the samtithing the other day.  We have potential stars at every level.  We may not have Strasburg in our system but it's deeper in pitching talent than I've seen in a while

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Ill be hoping for the Xander Bogaerts of pitching to develop out of the rookie leagues.  I'm intrigued at what Dioscar Romero, Willie Ethingon, and Daniel McGrath can do in the gulf coast league.  Then there is a guy named Jose Almonte who will pitch in the Dominican league.  He's only 17 and received the largest bonus yet in the current international signing period......so the sox like something about him. 

One name I've heard a few scouts throw around as a guy who they think will jump on the radar this year is Cody Kukuk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to seannybboi's comment:

It would be hard to top the Opening Day rotation of last year's Jackson Generals in the Double A Southern League: Taijuan Walker (25 starts), Brandon Maurer (24), James Paxton (21), Danny Hultzen (13) and Andrew Carraway (7).

Maurer was named the league's Most Outstanding Pitcher in 2012 even though Walker, Hultzen and Paxton entered the season as Baseball America's 20th-, 21st- and 52nd-ranked prospects, respectively.

Entering the 2012 season, Baseball America named the Jackson Generals the most talented team in minor league baseball:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/2012/04/top-10-minor-league-teams-on-opening-day/

How many of these guys will be on the AA roster in 2013?

Looked like a great rotation last year, but I love our A rotation in Lowell. The others are pretty darn good, but probably not tops.

Anyways, it's great to be talking young Sox pitchers for once... and mean it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Ill be hoping for the Xander Bogaerts of pitching to develop out of the rookie leagues.  I'm intrigued at what Dioscar Romero, Willie Ethingon, and Daniel McGrath can do in the gulf coast league.  Then there is a guy named Jose Almonte who will pitch in the Dominican league.  He's only 17 and received the largest bonus yet in the current international signing period......so the sox like something about him. 

One name I've heard a few scouts throw around as a guy who they think will jump on the radar this year is Cody Kukuk.

Thanks for this info. It looks like we are even deeper than the rotations I listed here!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

......and none of our prospects will lose their prospect status this year.  Bradyley and Bogaerts, and possibly even Webster will get a cup of coffee this year, but nothing that will disqualify their status. 

All we talked about last year was the depth of our lower minor league system, as these guys move up it looks as if the bottom tier is just as stacked.  

Granted one or two may slip, but many shall rise.  We very well could have 7-8+ prospects in the top 100 next year.... THAT's exciting. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The only teams farm system I really envy is Seattles.  If those pitchers pan out and Hernandez remains healthy they will soon have an incredibly dominant rotation.  And in that ballpark!!! you will see a lot of shut outs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

......and none of our prospects will lose their prospect status this year.  Bradyley and Bogaerts, and possibly even Webster will get a cup of coffee this year, but nothing that will disqualify their status. 

All we talked about last year was the depth of our lower minor league system, as these guys move up it looks as if the bottom tier is just as stacked.  

Granted one or two may slip, but many shall rise.  We very well could have 7-8+ prospects in the top 100 next year.... THAT's exciting

I agree. 7-8 is not a stretch.

The only teams farm system I really envy is Seattles.  If those pitchers pan out and Hernandez remains healthy they will soon have an incredibly dominant rotation.  And in that ballpark!!! you will see a lot of shut outs. 

Well, the park dimensions were changed this winter, so maybe things might change.