Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?

this is what your 5th thread of the day??

give it a rest loser

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

what's wrong with them mef? I appreciate the articles, tweets and updates.

I believe some of the issues stem from Valentine. He may not want to return.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

some of it is nice but its way overdone..

when you post EVERY article that pops up about the sox your bound to have a few good threads but most of them are just filled with crap.

injuries are the main reason we are where we are. nuff said.

if BV was as hated as this article makes him out to be then why haven't we heard anything about it from the players?? when the BV/youk thing was going on the players talked about it. but they supposedly HATE the man and don't talk about that?

its just dumb.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

You get what you wish for. According to many Sox fans Valentine was "perfect" for this team. Boy can he motivate and he is no idiot like sit and spit.
     Yeah right. What this shows is when you have players that stink the team stinks. I'm not in love with Valentine in any way, but when your top 2 starters are simply awful you won't win. We love to blame managers when teams don't perform, but sorry, last September and this year is on the players. Pedey and Gonzo have less homers than Adruw Jones. What? Where are the studs? Where are the performances? Where are players that execute? Big Papi is the only... ONLY player with a true stud year. 178 million bucks for 1 stud. That (and not Valentine) is the problem. 
    This team needs to get younger, add real starting pitching and if there are cancers in the clubhouse trade em for a pack of Topps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

The clown expirement needs to end. This season is all ready lost so let him stick around for the season then go after a real MLB Manager.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?:
    [QUOTE]some of it is nice but its way overdone.. when you post EVERY article that pops up about the sox your bound to have a few good threads but most of them are just filled with crap. injuries are the main reason we are where we are. nuff said. if BV was as hated as this article makes him out to be then why haven't we heard anything about it from the players?? when the BV/youk thing was going on the players talked about it. but they supposedly HATE the man and don't talk about that? its just dumb.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

The players would never say anything publicly, mef. especially while they're playing for him nor would I expect them, too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]some of it is nice but its way overdone.. when you post EVERY article that pops up about the sox your bound to have a few good threads but most of them are just filled with crap. injuries are the main reason we are where we are. nuff said. if BV was as hated as this article makes him out to be then why haven't we heard anything about it from the players?? when the BV/youk thing was going on the players talked about it. but they supposedly HATE the man and don't talk about that? its just dumb.
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

I'm getting tired of the "injuries are the main reason" excuse.

Quite a few players stepped it up and filled the shoes for the injured. Nava , Ciriaco, Aviles and Middlebrooks have replaced Ellsbury , Pedroia, Youkilis when those 3 spent time out. Cody Ross probably wouldn't have played as much if Sweeney and Crawford were healthy.

Red Sox BIG 3 starters , Beckett, Lester and Buchholz have been less than stellar. Buchholz has finally picked it up, still waiting on the other two to figure it out....not to mention Daisuke , who is either injured or walking batters left and right.

Should they fire Valentine? Probably not. He is not a great manager, but though I do not adore him like some do, he is not to blame for the abysmal starting pitching by guys who are supposed to be "top of the rotation" guys. There is very little  Valentine can do, except to burn out his bullpen. Overwork has already cost him Atchison.

I think it was up to the Front Office to make some changes to the starting rotation in the offseason. The one not-so-brilliant move failed, moving Bard to the rotation.

In baseball, starting pitching is the foundation on which you build a team. If the foundation crumbles, the house will fall , the walls cave in and you are left with nothing but rubble.

The Red Sox are, pretty much, a pile of rubble right now. Firing the manager would really not solve the real problem. I wish I had an easy answer, but I don't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

If Toronto let's go of Farrell, Bobby will be fired the next day. The Sox will see who becomes available, then decide his fate. I'm amazed at the number of times NESN scans the dugout and Bobby V. is the only one in the picture, it's like he has an infectious disease, nobody wants to be near him.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]   If Toronto let's go of Farrell, Bobby will be fired the next day. The Sox will see who becomes available, then decide his fate. I'm amazed at the number of times NESN scans the dugout and Bobby V. is the only one in the picture, it's like he has an infectious disease, nobody wants to be near him.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

I doubt Toronto dumps Farrell. He has done a decent job there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]   If Toronto let's go of Farrell, Bobby will be fired the next day. The Sox will see who becomes available, then decide his fate. I'm amazed at the number of times NESN scans the dugout and Bobby V. is the only one in the picture, it's like he has an infectious disease, nobody wants to be near him.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Doubt Farrell will be let go, Dan. Hes done a good job and has a contract through 2013, which is why I think they gave BV a 2 year deal. Sox tried to trade for him.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine? : I'm getting tired of the "injuries are the main reason" excuse. Quite a few players stepped it up and filled the shoes for the injured. Nava , Ciriaco, Aviles and Middlebrooks have replaced Ellsbury , Pedroia, Youkilis when those 3 spent time out. Cody Ross probably wouldn't have played as much if Sweeney and Crawford were healthy. Red Sox BIG 3 starters , Beckett, Lester and Buchholz have been less than stellar. Buchholz has finally picked it up, still waiting on the other two to figure it out....not to mention Daisuke , who is either injured or walking batters left and right. Should they fire Valentine? Probably not. He is not a great manager, but though I do not adore him like some do, he is not to blame for the abysmal starting pitching by guys who are supposed to be "top of the rotation" guys. There is very little  Valentine can do, except to burn out his bullpen. Overwork has already cost him Atchison. I think it was up to the Front Office to make some changes to the starting rotation in the offseason. The one not-so-brilliant move failed, moving Bard to the rotation. In baseball, starting pitching is the foundation on which you build a team. If the foundation crumbles, the house will fall , the walls cave in and you are left with nothing but rubble. The Red Sox are, pretty much, a pile of rubble right now. Firing the manager would really not solve the real problem. I wish I had an easy answer, but I don't.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

well if the shoe fits... the amount of injuries this team has seen this season is ridiculous.. if we had 0 injuries this season do you think we would have the record we do right now?? absolutely not. sure, some guys have stepped up during their stints here BUT theres no way they would outproduce the starters..

ellsbury gives you more production than all of our replacement OF'ers combined
    is ciriaco going to give you more production than papi?
    the only area we got "more" production from a replacement is at 3rd..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine? : well if the shoe fits... the amount of injuries this team has seen this season is ridiculous.. if we had 0 injuries this season do you think we would have the record we do right now?? absolutely not. sure, some guys have stepped up during their stints here BUT theres no way they would outproduce the starters.. ellsbury gives you more production than all of our replacement OF'ers combined is ciriaco going to give you more production than papi? the only area we got "more" production from a replacement is at 3rd..
    Posted by mef429[/QUOTE]

How about Doubront, Morales/Cook instead of Dice K, and Lackey. I maintain Ross wouldn't have been signrd if Crawford were healthy. The Sox wouldn't have been able to give him his AB's. They would have gone with a Sweeney/ McDonald platoon. Yes Ellsbury has been missed, but look around just about every team has an injury that equals the Sox with Ellsbury, one example being Longoria of Rays. So I too don't by this injured crap.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?": [QUOTE]no way that Bobby V shoul be blamed for this....but on the subject....he's got a two year contract I believe.  He'd be stupid to leave that second year's salary on the table in any circumstance.  If the Sox decide at some point to fire him, he'll let them do that and let them pay the full two years. -------------------------------------------- Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Fool Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE] Curt Schilling: bad businessman. Great pitcher. Sox would never have won WS in 2004 without him. He backed up the talk. Also helped win 2007 WS. Foolish to put all his money into business. Also agree with you about Bobby V. This is not his fault. He has done a good job with what he has had. Great handler of bullpen. Guys who don't like him are spoiled, lazy fat cats who loved Tito because he let them walk all over him and got him fired because of it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

See this article. http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ssf/2012/07/red_sox_pitcher_jon_lesters_st.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?:
    [QUOTE]Kirk Minihane/WEEI A 49-49 record with a $178 million payroll. Last place in the American League East. Communication issues within his coaching staff. Not the first, second or 456th choice for the job by his general manager. Only one year left (at, given the payroll of his team, really low money) on his contract. A team that either unanimously despises or can barely tolerate him, depending on what you believe. What we have, on July 25, is a hugely underachieving team, coming off the worst collapse in baseball history, being managed by someone who isn't wanted by his general manager or many if not most of his players. …. If the Red Sox get rid of Bobby Valentine, I'm OK with it. I really am. As long as they get rid of Beckett, Lackey, Crawford and any other player who quit on Francona and Valentine. Oh, the medical staff has to go again, too. And I want to see legitimate accountability from the front office, not just e-mails, pep talks and celebrations for fraudulent sellout streaks. In other words, stop treating us like morons and start understanding that there are very real problems that have nothing to do with the manager. If all that stuff happens and the Sox still decide Valentine isn't the guy, I can live with it.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Fall Guy For the (Lilli)Bridge To NoWhere

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Here's the headline when he gets canned, as they will fire the entire coaching staff: Valentine's Day Massacre: Sox Manager, Staff Canned

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill2. Show aussiewill2's posts

Valentine , is a very good manager, he has to play the players he has. Let's just look at those players. Elsbury , great player missed 75 games due to injury. Crawford missed 80 games due to injury , on top of that he stinks. Pedroia, way off his normal year, and injured and lost 20 games . Ortiz , the best hitter on the team , out now with an injured foot, loss 20 games. Gonzo , not the power hitter they thought they were signing, good hitter but hardly worth 20+ million per year. Youkilus hurt most of the season, now traded for nothing.

Beckett and Lester , rocket science to see how they are doing. They signed a closer
     Bailey , with a history of trips to the DL, didn't they get rid of Lowrie for the same reason. On top of that they give up Reddick for a DL primadonna. None of these moves had anything to do with Bobby Valentine. Get a grip, Valentine is not the problem.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Valentine , is a very good manager, he has to play the players he has. Let's just look at those players. Elsbury , great player missed 75 games due to injury. Crawford missed 80 games due to injury , on top of that he stinks. Pedroia, way off his normal year, and injured and lost 20 games . Ortiz , the best hitter on the team , out now with an injured foot, loss 20 games. Gonzo , not the power hitter they thought they were signing, good hitter but hardly worth 20+ million per year. Youkilus hurt most of the season, now traded for nothing. Beckett and Lester , rocket science to see how they are doing. They signed a closer  Bailey , with a history of trips to the DL, didn't they get rid of Lowrie for the same reason. On top of that they give up Reddick for a DL primadonna. None of these moves had anything to do with Bobby Valentine. Get a grip, Valentine is not the problem.
    Posted by aussiewill2[/QUOTE]
    On the mark.

Sections
Shortcuts