Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?

Point taken J but Bobby V isnt pitching. Still, they are only 5 games out.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

5 games out? Scouts? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

With, or without little bobby v., the pitching sucks, & the hitting, while we may have the second most runs in the majors, is unbelievably hot OR COLD.  More often than not COLD.

Too many problems on this team to mention, but regardless......  little bobby v. MUST GO!!!!  The guy is a joke!  He is an absolute embarrassment to this organization!  No more so than Beckett & Lester right now, but at least those two are responsible for bringing us a world series.  Still, the two of them have let themselves totally fall apart!!!!  A complete lack of professionalism!!!  I appreciate what they did a few years back, but they have brought this scorn upon themselves.
    DISGUSTING!  TIME FOR MAJOR CHANGE!!!!  First, get rid of Lackey!  Second, Beckett!!  Third, little bobby v.  Fourth???   You tell me!  Lester might be salvageable, & he certainly has no value right now?????  Still, I'm sick of his poor me act!  Quit the tough guy b itching on the mound, & f'n pitch!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to; Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?:
    Kirk Minihane/WEEI A 49-49 record with a $178 million payroll. Last place in the American League East. Communication issues within his coaching staff. Not the first, second or 456th choice for the job by his general manager. Only one year left (at, given the payroll of his team, really low money) on his contract. A team that either unanimously despises or can barely tolerate him, depending on what you believe. What we have, on July 25, is a hugely underachieving team, coming off the worst collapse in baseball history, being managed by someone who isn't wanted by his general manager or many if not most of his players. …. If the Red Sox get rid of Bobby Valentine, I'm OK with it. I really am. As long as they get rid of Beckett, Lackey, Crawford and any other player who quit on Francona and Valentine. Oh, the medical staff has to go again, too. And I want to see legitimate accountability from the front office, not just e-mails, pep talks and celebrations for fraudulent sellout streaks. In other words, stop treating us like morons and start understanding that there are very real problems that have nothing to do with the manager. If all that stuff happens and the Sox still decide Valentine isn't the guy, I can live with it.
    Posted by 2004Idiots

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

Let's hope so .... and he can take Lucchino with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eab2011. Show eab2011's posts

Let's hope so .... and he can take Lucchino with him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?:
    In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine? : You are correct.. Imagine if Francona was still manager and had to deal with the under performing stars. This team could easily be 10-12 games below .500.
    Posted by BOSOX1941

We had 9 guys on the DL at the same time in 2010 and still won 89.

We lost VMart, Varitek, Youkilis, Pedroia, Lowell, Ellsbury, Drew, Beckett, Buchholz and Dice.  That's 10 of your 15 key guys, and we still won 89.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

for 8 years the SOX didn't have a real manager. they had a best friend. now they have a real manager and most of the players under tito's reign can't adjust, or don't want to. the SOX FO would be doing bobby v. a favor by firing him. he should respond by saying thank you.
    Posted by mryazz

8 years without a real manager, but we took 94 wins as a birthright.  Now you have the manager of your choice, we're in last, and only 7 out in the loss column in the race for worst record in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine? : 8 years without a real manager, but we took 94 wins as a birthright.  Now you have the manager of your choice, we're in last, and only 7 out in the loss column in the race for worst record in the league.
    Posted by Joebreidey

And I'm not saying that in a bad way.  If we could trade off a few guys, and actually manage to catch MN, who is not really that bad, then the #1 pick in the country would be a pretty reasonable salvage job.

If we got real lucky, BV could manage us well enough to get B2B #1 draft picks like the Nats did, and then we'd be in great shape.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine? : It is the players, but any manger plays a role in it, to a certain extent.  It's no different than any other cooperation, you're employed by a company but work directly for the manager. I've worked for great company's and terrible managers. If you don't like, respect and get along with them,  it can make or break any job
    Posted by J-BAY

Actually I blame the ownership for this debacle that the Sox are in.  They gave Theo free rein and with their blessing the little boy played with his toys and now the toys are broke.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine? : 8 years without a real manager, but we took 94 wins as a birthright.  Now you have the manager of your choice, we're in last, and only 7 out in the loss column in the race for worst record in the league.
    Posted by Joebreidey

It is pretty amusing. 

Wow, you mean maybe we didn't win "in spite of" Francona?

Who would have thought?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine? : It is pretty amusing.  Wow, you mean maybe we didn't win "in spite of" Francona? Who would have thought?
    Posted by snakeoil123

I just tire of the double-standard.  2010 was one of my favorite teams.  They had almost no one healthy, and still battled deep into September.  The last time we were this bad, Mike Stanley was still on the team, and that is going back some.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

francona was smart enough to walk away (sort of) from this mess after last september...i will give him credit for that...

but if you think Bobby V's team could compete against the 2004/2007 teams you are on crack....Theo, and now Ben have turned this into a 3rd world team in MLB..dysfunctional zillionaire sLACKERS, bad trades, terrible signings, and abso no attention paid to attitude/conditioning/discipline...

we are what are record says we are...a mediocre team in last place in our tough division

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

francona was smart enough to walk away (sort of) from this mess after last september...i will give him credit for that... but if you think Bobby V's team could compete against the 2004/2007 teams you are on crack....Theo, and now Ben have turned this into a 3rd world team in MLB..dysfunctional zillionaire sLACKERS, bad trades, terrible signings, and abso no attention paid to attitude/conditioning/discipline... we are what are record says we are...a mediocre team in last place in our tough division
    Posted by georom4

I am not blaming Bobby V, I can't argue with the description of the team you gave, nor am I lauding Francona.  As Joe said I just get tired of the double standard

If one wants to say Francona did a bad job the please don't tell me how good of a job Bobby V is doing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

This team needs more than just a new manager.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine? : I just tire of the double-standard.  2010 was one of my favorite teams.  They had almost no one healthy, and still battled deep into September.  The last time we were this bad, Mike Stanley was still on the team, and that is going back some.
    Posted by Joebreidey

89 wins too

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nah, I'm sure V will live for many years after he leaves the Sox, and then he has his immortal soul after that. So no, not the end of Bobby Valentine.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It's probably the death knell to say this, but it's not his fault.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?":
    It's probably the death knell to say this, but it's not his fault. Posted by nhsteven
    Well, overall I'd tend to agree. The entire organization is rotten from the top down, the best manager in baseball couldn't have done much better considering the state of the FO, and the injuries. NYY went through a stretch like that in the 80's when King George couldn't stop tinkering and wrecked the team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to "Re: Is this the end of Bobby Valentine?": Well, overall I'd tend to agree. The entire organization is rotten from the top down, the best manager in baseball couldn't have done much better considering the state of the FO, and the injuries. NYY went through a stretch like that in the 80's when King George couldn't stop tinkering and wrecked the team.
    Posted by TheExaminer

The Howie Spira phase

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I am not blaming Bobby V, I can't argue with the description of the team you gave, nor am I lauding Francona.  As Joe said I just get tired of the double standard."

If one wants to say Francona did a bad job the please don't tell me how good of a job Bobby V is doing."

Exactly. I don't see how this team is any better than the one that Francona got regularly skewered and trolled about in this forum all last summer. Don't get me wrong, it was time for Tito to go but when a team wins or loses, everyone shares some accountability. 

Example: Bobby V leaving Beckett to twist in the wind last night on the mound when he was already over 110 pitches. Francona does that and this forum goes nuts. 

Bobby V should not be scapegoated for this team but let's not hear about what a good manager he is either. I don't care about his resume. His record is mediocre and nothing coming out of the clubhouse has endorsed his methods. Well, aside from Crawford who really likes playing for him and is showing it on the field - or, not. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't think this mess is Valentine's fault. He has done the best that he could under the circumstances. But let's face it , the manager is usually the first one to get whacked. I think his days are numbered.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts