Is this Youk's doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Is this Youk's doing?

We all know he throws a snit fit at everything he doesn't like, but especially balls and strikes.  Last night he really exploded on a low pitch that actually hit the strike zone and got tossed, which was beneficial because Middlebrooks went in and got a hit. 

Today the National pitchers seem to have an especially large strike zone, which has definitely affected the Sox hitting.  I don't think this is a coincidence.  I think the umps are tired of the Sox bellayaching, but especially Youk's.  So today is an object lesson.   

Anyone agree?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Is this Youk's doing?

Maybe it is just the frustration the team has always held back its young players. Bryce Harper would be in the minors this very day if he were in this organization and likely not called up until September.

Now AGon is being shoved out onto the outfield. None of this is Kevin's fault but enough is enough. The team needs some change and the FO refuses to start the process.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Maybe I am wrong but I would be moving Youk straight up for a solid middle reliever if it were possible. I recall Scott Williamson, Scott Bankhead, and some others that have come through the gate over the years. A reliever who perhaps we can control even for 2+ seasons is good enough for me.

The White Sox did what I had hoped the red Sox would do, they entered into a one year rebuilding plan. Rebuilding does not mean complete dismantlement, and it does not need to be a Royals 20 year process.

We have more than enough talent to clean out a few key players and still make the play-offs this year or at the very worst 2013.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I don't believe a ball that just touches the tip of the strikezone wall should be a strike. The ball should touch some part of the middle, even if it's a tiny part. JMO

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmileybeniTheFool. Show SmileybeniTheFool's posts

In Response to Re: Is this Youk's doing?:
    I don't believe a ball that just touches the tip of the strikezone wall should be a strike. The ball should touch some part of the middle, even if it's a tiny part. JMO
    Posted by kimPikesaysthis

KimPike, you should take a vacation from this site for a few months.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

These men are suppose to be professional hitters.  My old coach use to say with 2 strikes, choke up and spoil the close ones. The stat guys can figure it out (not me) but I wonder how many times Youk has struck out looking and being ticked off.  Plain and simple...the RS need to Hit.  Not just Youk but all.

Sections
Shortcuts