Is trading for Josh Johnson a realstic ideal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Is trading for Josh Johnson a realstic ideal?

In response to Leftfielder61's comment:

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

I'd expect the Marlins could get a better haul for those two, 

If anyone wanted Reyes, they'd have signed him as a FA.  Why would they trade a haul for him now that he is one year older?

3 things 

1st- Reyes was coming off 2 years of injuries. This year he stayed healthy and on the field.

2nd- Last off season most everybody felt the BoSox had this potent offense and now one year later we are stripped down and looking for a spark to get us going.

3rd- Last off season we were pressed to our budget limits, while this year we are flush with cash and flexibilty

with the string of bad health our team has had i would be wary of picking up someone with injury problems.

but if we did get reyes and johnson and had good health it would drastically improve our team IMO. Pending of course we didn't get hosed in the deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

ya not sure i want reyes, he makes like 22 mill per for the life of his contract, and we have ellsbury who is a perfectly good leadoff hitter. If we were going to target a hitter on florida, the guy i would go after is giancarlo stanton. He is a beast. If we could get him and josh johnson, i would be stoked. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

ya not sure i want reyes, he makes like 22 mill per for the life of his contract, and we have ellsbury who is a perfectly good leadoff hitter. If we were going to target a hitter on florida, the guy i would go after is giancarlo stanton. He is a beast. If we could get him and josh johnson, i would be stoked. 

but the only reason ellsbury is hitting leadoff is because nobody else can fill the spot. with the loss of A-gon wouldn't jacobys bat be better used in the middle of the lineup?

also love the idea of going after stanton.

Sections
Shortcuts