is VICTORINO now the best defensive rightfielder not named PUIG?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: is VICTORINO now the best defensive rightfielder not named PUIG?

No. He is not.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to ImagydSportsForTwitter's comment:

THE GUY HAS A GUN, COVERS MASSIVE RANGEand is the most accurate i've seen since Evans patrolled out there. last night was simply awesome and a great example.

Ultimate Zone Rating loves Shane Victorino this season:

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=rf&stats=fld&lg=all&qual=200&type=1&season=2013&month=0&season1=2013&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

THE GUY HAS A GUN, COVERS MASSIVE RANGEand is the most accurate i've seen since Evans patrolled out there. last night was simply awesome and a great example.

Shane Victorino has been outstanding this year.  He does all the little things during a game that the "stat geeks" fail to see.  His "OPS" might be below his "career average," but if you ask his teammates, coaches & any opposing player, they will tell you that he has been crucial to the success of this team.

He's going to miss some games because he's willing to go through a wall at any given moment, but overall, he has been everything the organization hoped for, while being an excellent "Ellsbury Insurance Policy."  This has been a bad year for the stat geeks who said the Sox wouldn't be "serious contenders," but even more so for the Victorino bashers who don't have a clue when it comes to the "human aspect" of the game....My "grade" for Shane Victorino so far? "A"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I was glad to see Boston signed him instead of Ross.  Ross may put some numbers with his offense stats, but Victorino is a whole alot better defender at RF than Ross.  Ross would never make these foul ball catches like Victorino have made a whole alot of them this year.  Ross would easily let the ball to go over his head and let the opponent's player to get an easy double.  Victorino would make as many catches to prevent opponent to score one or two easy runs.   

Now I wouldnt complain about how much Boston is paying him for the next two and half years cuz if Ellsbury ever leave, Victorino would slide to CF next year and put someone else in RF or keep him in RF and find a new center fielder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I wasn't sold on the Victorino signing but he's won me over with his play. He's a solid player having a good season and he's doing this with a hurt leg.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Puig got a cannon but very loose. He's good at airmailing the ball past cutoff guy and intended target. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

[QUOTE]

Shane Victorino has been outstanding this year.  He does all the little things during a game that the "stat geeks" fail to see.  His "OPS" might be below his "career average," but if you ask his teammates, coaches & any opposing player, they will tell you that he has been crucial to the success of this team.

He's going to miss some games because he's willing to go through a wall at any given moment, but overall, he has been everything the organization hoped for, while being an excellent "Ellsbury Insurance Policy."  This has been a bad year for the stat geeks who said the Sox wouldn't be "serious contenders," but even more so for the Victorino bashers who don't have a clue when it comes to the "human aspect" of the game....My "grade" for Shane Victorino so far? "A"

[/QUOTE]

I was concerned with the dollar amount, but loved the fact that we would have Vic in Boston. Now, I could care less about the 13M. Hes been a great addition to this team and his clubhouse presence is a huge plus.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

NOT!!!!  Did you wake up with a hangover ?????

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wasconcerned with the dollar amount, but loved the fact that we would have Vic in Boston. Now, I could care less about the 13M. Hes been a great addition to this team and his clubhouse presence is a huge plus.

[/QUOTE]

I would like to know what wall Victorio ran through ? Must have missed that game.

Sections
Shortcuts