Is Youk losing his job?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Is Youk losing his job?

as much as i like what i see from Middlebrooks it is only 19 AB's so lets calm down people

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In Response to Re: Is Youk losing his job?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Youk losing his job? : You have someone who develops like Middlebrooks, you don't "juggle" him around; you play him every day.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

If you read my comment, you would see I did not suggest to "juggle around" Middlebrooks. I suggested that Middlebrooks plays 85% of the games at 3B, but to keep Agon, Papi and Youk fresh and ready, that the 4 of them would juggle into 3 spots. No reason Agon isnt getting a day off same as Papi. (and Pedroia for that matter)
    I see too many trade Youk comments, however never along with to whom and for whom? Lets face it, Youk at the moment has very little trade value, and other than the Brewers no one really is in need yet.
    If Youk can get healthy, he seems like a good guy to have ready in case Middlebrooks simply isnt ready and this is an outlier to a small sample size, or Papi shows his age, or Agon needs a day off now and then.
    Since last years All Star game/Derby, I have been a strong advocate that Agon and Papi both should play 145 games max. A healthy Youk offers that luxury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from angeroo. Show angeroo's posts

[QUOTE]as much as i like what i see from Middlebrooks it is only 19 AB's so lets calm down people
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

We are calm.  Just talking about a topic of obvious interest.  Is that OK?  Maybe you should calm yourself down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Its a breathe of fresh air to see a young player of Middlebrooks ability come up.  Yes its early but this guy has a nice track record and looks to be the real deal.  Now if the Sox could only get their pitching straightened out this team wouldn't be all that bad.  I would also keep Youk to play 1b,3b,dh,lf to get him in and keep the other guys fresh.  It may even keep youk in better health with more days off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Agree!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Youk losing his job? : You have someone who develops like Middlebrooks, you don't "juggle" him around; you play him every day.
    Posted by bosoxmal[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Compare the lines for the the first four MLB games of 23-year-old thirdbasemen making MLB debuts in May:

Player A .429/.500/.857/1.357
    Player B .381/.409/.952/1.361

Player A is Mark Reynolds in 2007 and Player B is Will Middlebrooks in 2012.

Mark Reynolds might be a reasonable projection for Will Middlebrooks, although Middlebrooks struck out at a higher frequency in the minors than Reynolds did.

The Sox could do worse.                     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Worst case scenario, he's under a microscope. Reality says that A-Gon pushed him off 1B, Middlebrooks is bringing youthful energy,a hot bat, and more power and Big Popi will not let up any time soon in the DH spot. It looks bad for Youk in Boston now.The A's could use a guy like Youk. They don't have a full time DH,Sogard at .148, Inge at .175,Barton at .228 and Double K at .283 divide time at 1st and 3rd.. between them 4HR's, not that impressive so far. It might not be a bad idea for BC to put on his autographed Greg Louganis diving suit and pay a visit to the Bay area.....you know, flounder around to see if he could unload some salary.Oh and Ben, you never trade every day players for pitchers. You trade pitchers for pitchers and position players for position players. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Is Youk losing his job?:
    [QUOTE]As much as I like him, he does no good sitting on the bench.  The kid is taking advantage...Is Youk a modern day Wally Pip?
    Posted by angeroo[/QUOTE]

Before the season most of the experts and a lot of fans here including myself had doubts whether Will would even be our best 3B prospect, or big league material. The way hes playing now Youk is either DH or gone next season.  Maybe even traded at the deadline if we fall out of contention.

I hate to see kids like Lav and Middi sent down after playing so well.  Its a huge blow to a youngster.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Without a doubt , Middlebrooks will have to go through an adjustment period . It will not continue to come this easy. However , his performance , along with his reputation and performance in the minors , indicates that he is the real thing.  The Sox may find a role for Youk for the rest of the year , rather than eating most of his salary in a trade that brings little in return.  But Middlebrooks is clearly the third baseman for years to come.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Youkilis needs to get healthy. 

Didn't Youkilis marry Tom Brady's sister?  I'm sure Brady will give Youkilis some advice on how to bounce back.   :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No, but Crawford's job could be lost to Will if the Sox move him to LF.  That would make more sense.  Who's bat do you want in the line up?  Youk's or Craw's?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Middlebrooks is on pace to hit 104 home runs.  This is all that matters 
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]
    Will Middlebrooks is also on pace to commit 81 errors ... with the standard small-sample caveats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

I agree with fourrings..... WM has played in only a few games and we are annointing him a superstar...  remember when Reddick was hitting almost .400 for quite awhile a few years back? And look at him now.... plus I love how all of you who want Youk out of here after what he has meant to this team...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyGilligan. Show JohnnyGilligan's posts

Middlebrooks is down! I hope it's nothing too serious. WEEI was just saying that Cherington made a statement today saying that Youk will be the team's 1st baseman when he returns from the DL

I like Middlebrooks, but I'm sure the Sox need to play Youk before the trade deadline to raise his value.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyGilligan. Show JohnnyGilligan's posts

tight hamstring is the report on Middlebrooks

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]yes - which NEVER would've happened if Francona were managing still...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

If he were injured just the same Tito would have no choice, but if Youk were healthy and batted .190 all year Tito would have "kept em in there."

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Is Youk losing his job?  His job description has changed.  He is now a reserve but yes he still has a job.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, I don't know about you but I'm not ready to give his job over to Will "IRON MAN" Middlebrooks just yet.  Old Will appears to be able to pull a hammy just running up the dugout stairs.........

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to Is Youk losing his job?:
    [QUOTE]As much as I like him, he does no good sitting on the bench.  The kid is taking advantage...Is Youk a modern day Wally Pip?
    Posted by angeroo[/QUOTE]
    Youk is gone already. He's been gone since last season. His usefulness to this team has expired. This is a buisiness. Change is good when you aren't succeeding. This team hasn't been succeeding for quite some time. Get busy BEN! BYE-BYE YOUK! Best of luck to ya! Now then, who's the next right move in running this buisiness for success?

Sections
Shortcuts