Isn't EVERY game a must win for this team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

Isn't EVERY game a must win for this team?

They seem to lack this knowledge..........................our team is way overrated and its our fault for believing in them. They just are not very good and keep proving it. Valentine should have got himself tossed arguing the hbp missed call in the ninth. He looked brain dead and Byrd would never make the cut as a B movie actor even though he REALLY got hit.....UNREAL!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Isn't EVERY game a must win for this team?

What team are you avenging exactly with all your threads?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Screw the missed call - it happens. It's also no excuse for the Sox not being able to plate one run with a runner on third with one out. Byrd got the bunt down successfully, and the Sox were unable to execute. 

I agree with you that Bobby should have gotten himself tossed though, maybe that could have lit a fire under the team - though that seems impossible with this group.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Please.  Classic 'tortuous and the hare' - where the Sox "elite" always think there is time.

This is the most disgraceful team that money can buy.

Just think, if they lose tonight they will fall to UNDER a mere .333 Winning % since Sept 1.  Which essentially means they are barely able to win 1 game per series..........I repeat, ONE GAME PER SERIES they win, the rest they give away or worse, are simply completely and totally manhandled.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

You guys are over-reacting.  I thought both "bad calls" were reasonable even though I think you can make a case for reversing both of them. 

Must win is a little extreme.  Take the 17 inning loss to the Orioles at Fenway when Bobby sent McDonald out to pitche the 17th, leading to the 3 run Orioles dinger.  I think that was the right decision because the Sox offense was basically moribund after the 8th inning so there was no point in sending one of the starters out there, especially with Cook being on the DL and Beckett missing a start. 

If anything, these guys are too tight from trying too hard.  Thus Bard's two balks. Thus guys getting picked off 1B.  Thus Byrd running in on a shot that went over his head even though he got a glove on it.  Buchholz is a borderline basket case in part because he wants to do well and right now can't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

what are they playing so tight for? They are in last place. Nothing to lose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

can't win them all but believe players try to. Nothing I've seen tells me the sox  aren't leaving it all on the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Isn't EVERY game a must win for this team?:
    [QUOTE]can't win them all but believe players try to. Nothing I've seen tells me the sox  aren't leaving it all on the field.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Other than the very disturbing AB by AG in the 17th on Sunday, it's really the starters - and really just "the big 3".....and there is evidence that they aren't into this 100%

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy stilleatsworms. Show MikeNagy stilleatsworms's posts

No

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

It's the same old story. No player leadership! And, IMO, a lack of desire to excel by some.
    These guys, as a team, just aren't hungry. They seem to lack enthusiasm, confidence, and a winning attitude.
    Frankly, I think there are also some malingerers on this team as well, as some are not willing to play hurt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

[QUOTE] maybe that could have lit a fire under the team - though that seems impossible with this group.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I am to the point where I believe that if someone lit an ACTUAL fire under them, they still would show no emotion!

This is the most boring, uninspired, unlikeable group of atheletes I have ever seen.  It's painful to watch or even listen to their games.

Worse is the fact that after years of trying, I finally have Monster Seats.  It's hard to realize that by the time I go to the game (7/30), they'll probably be out of the race, and I'll be watching a lineup full of PawSox!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from f1502nv. Show f1502nv's posts

Clean house, keep Pedroia, Ellsbury, Papi, A gon, Middlebrooks and role guys like Aviles and Ross. Keep Lester, Bard and a few of the bullpen arms.  The rest can go, Audios Beckett, Lackey, Dice, Buch. Take a couple rebuilding years off where we can enjoy watching games because we know were not going to be good. Instead of having the highest of hopes and suffering. Send Bobby packing, Bring back Millar or Varitek to Manage the squad......If i was the owner....That cared about my RedSox more then my Race car or soccer club. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

IMO the team, and I include management, is hoping for a repeat of last years resurgence, until the Sept collapse, when they were the best team in baseball. If this is their reasoning it is mis-guided for all seasons take on a life of their own. It is one thing to lose at beginning of year to iron in league, and quite another to lose to the little sisters of the poor. The team needs to show a greater sense of urgency or this season could be over by June, 3 of 4 from the Indians would be a good start.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wideright. Show wideright's posts

I like Millar and Varitek, but really as manager. Anyways this team is bad right now, and until we get some kind of consistency from the starting pitchers, it will not get better.
    Ellsbury will help, but the pitching is awful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Millar would be a joke as a manager, however Tek would be an interesting choice.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

What evidence is there that Varitek is either capable or interested? He's never managed at any level and people want him to take over the Boston Red Sox. Patently ridiculous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Tek may make a good bench coach

Also, I wonder how Alex Cora would be as a 3rd base coach - maybe Dave Roberts as first base coach?  Could we get Schil or Pedro to the pitching coach?  Would Dwight Evans come back as the hitting coach?  Wakefield as the bull pen coach? 

And yes, CARLTON FISK as the manager......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from f1502nv. Show f1502nv's posts

[QUOTE]What evidence is there that Varitek is either capable or interested? He's never managed at any level and people want him to take over the Boston Red Sox. Patently ridiculous.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]

They may not be interested at the time, but I always thought watching those guys play and they way they handled themselves that one day they may turn into Managers. Why not with the RedSox, We could use one and their hearts are so tied to the organization. I think it would be interesting, and You know with out a doubt the players would play for these guys. I think it would be great...one day

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

[QUOTE]What team are you avenging exactly with all your threads?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Are you a pink hat or a pink rose? And why would you ask that stupid question?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"Overrated"?  By whom?

Actually, I didn't think they'd very good, but I didn't think they'd be this bad.